Thread: Holy Cow!

Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Holy Cow!

Crash Leaves Cow As Backseat Driver
    REHOBOTH, Mass. -- Holy Cow! A Massachusetts woman suddenly found an unexpected passenger in her back seat Friday while driving home with her daughter after running a simple errand, reported WCVB-TV in Boston.
    Tonya Coccia of Seekonk, Mass., said the street was dark when she suddenly saw cows that had wandered out onto the road from a nearby farm. She swerved, but hit two of them. One was a massive Black Angus.

"I only saw it for a split second before it came up it into my windshield," Coccia said.
    One of the cows had gone airborne.

"There was airbags and smoke and me and my daughter was losing it. I thought that was it, but I felt my car start shaking."

The cow had flipped over the roof of the car, gone through the back window and landed in the back seat.

"I didn't really want to see what was there, but I saw a black cow head in my back window. My daughter turned this way and said 'Mom there's a cow in the back seat!' And we just took off," Coccia said.

The car's hood and roof were crushed and the windshield was smashed.

Coccia said she realized there were bound be jokes. The cow in the back seat was not seriously injured, but the second cow did not survive.

"It could have just as easily gone through the windshield and we'd be talking about very serious injuries or possibly death," said Rehoboth police Sgt. Richard Shailor.

The cow was frightened and agitated. Firefighters and police had to tie it down so it wouldn't move inside the car. They towed the car to the farm and let it out.

Both Coccia and her daughter Hailey suffered minor injuries. Her car was a total loss.

Crash Leaves Cow As Backseat Driver - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

Throwing seven different kinds of smoke!

Addict
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,103
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

Re: Holy Cow!

With the car moving forward, how does a cow crash through the rear window and land in the back seat??? That doesn't add up. I could only see if happening if they were in reverse and hit the cow...

Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTD7yF-L_E]YouTube - News anchor can't read English[/ame]

reminded me of this

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    With the car moving forward, how does a cow crash through the rear window and land in the back seat??? That doesn't add up. I could only see if happening if they were in reverse and hit the cow...
    See this portion....

The cow had flipped over the roof of the car, gone through the back window and landed in the back seat.