Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 0

This is hilarious...

Seriously, read this take on ISU from a Nebraska fan. I know it's long, but it's even funnier that the calls the guy a moron from the previous post.

Re: Breaking it downReply
    Originally posted by TAikin:
    I think you're either underestimating your squad or over estimating Nebraska. The only clear edge for NE would seem to be their Dline v. your Oline. However, their Dline didn't do much against Kansas last week.

You guys have the potential to really exploit Nebraska's D in that Brett Meyer is a true dual threat quarterback. Check the results of Nebraska/Missouri last year. They basically refused to adjust to the fact that Brad Smith was running all over them. I watched the game and it was insane how Smith just repeatedly ran draws over the middle for huge yardage. I would expect McCarney to give this a shot. Especially because Hicks/Scales are doing a whole lot from RB.

I look for Meyer to have a huge game running and throwing and for you guys to pull out the win. Tales of Nebraska's greatness are premature. I won't claim to be a fan of Iowa State, but I certainly dislike Nebraska a whole lot more.

Or just look what Meyer did against Nebraska last season.

TAikin, you must be the biggest moron on the Rivals network, or maybe you're just completely ignorant about the game and sport called football. If that's the case, I apologize for calling you moron. That is the case isn't it? No one who understands the game would make such a stupid post.

Mizzou runs this offense called the SPREAD.

Iowa State runs a Power offense known as "Barney Ball." Barney ball often puts ISU in an I formation and utilizes a power running game with short to intermediate passing game and the occasional vertical route. On occasion ISU will go with twin and "trips" receiver sets in hurry up mode, but they do not run any variation of the Spread offense.

Brad Smith was an NFL receiver playing Quarterback with 4.3 speed.
    Brett Meyer is a Quarterback playing Quarterback with high 4.6 speed.

Brad Smith has incredible vision and elusiveness. Meyer is fast in the open field by QB standards, but his vision is limited, and he takes far too many sacks for an athletic QB. Smith can run away from fast DB's and linebackers. Meyer can be chased down by most defensive skill players.

Missouri uses wide splits on their o-line, and literally Spreads out the defense with 4 and 5 wide. Brad Smith then utilized the Zone Read by reading the defense and then running the QB counter or Speed Option.

When ISU runs Meyer out of the draw or the occasional Zone Read, the defense is not preoccupied with defending the whole field. He doesn't have the room to create like Brad Smith had at his disposal in the Spread.

Armistead is accurate on everything except the score.

Nebraska does have vastly superior skill players and a much better offensive scheme than Iowa. I think Nebraska's offense will be able to do pretty much whatever they want on Saturday night.

The game will be won or lost by Iowa State when they have the football. The biggest difference between defending KU and Iowa State for Nebraska is what they do with the linebackers. Against KU, NU was forced to keep their backers in coverage and that completely alleviated their ability to blitz.
    Against Barney Ball, I would assume Nebraska will blitz the Hell out of Meyer as they won't respect the run.

If Cotton was smart he would try to stretch the field with Blythe and Davis all night long. I would test NU's secondary until they can prove to stop it. Otherwise, I don't believe ISU will beat NU trying to establish the run or with a short to intermediate passing game.

Then when people rip him for his obvious deficiencies, here's his reponse:

Wow.

You really have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

ISU runs multiple formations and often uses a power running game. Meyer will often stay in the shotgun, but more times than none, ISU is in the Power I formation with a fullback.

Do you know what the Spread offense is? Putting your QB in the shotgun with 4 receivers does not constitute the Spread offense.

Please show me where ISU uses 2 foot splits between their offensive linemen?

Don't call me a moron when all you're wanting to do is insult me. In reality, I obviously know more about the ISU offense than you do....and you're a fan.

Thank you princesdaddy, thank you. Now I know joy.

Rookie
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

Re: This is hilarious...

LOL NICE POST BRYCE

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Actually for someone calling another poster on any board a moron, you are suprisingly inaccurate in your comments. We don't run much of any power formations unless it's 3rd or 4th and short. Much of what you've seen this year is actually the "ACE" formation which equates to a single back and either 2 tight ends and 2 wideouts or 3 wideouts and a tight end. Not trying to start a flame war or even stick up for this guy because he does make some very poor observations, but by the same token there are a lot of posts on this board that aren't on the money either.

I'll apologize in advance, I may be a bit anal-retentive about this game as I played it for almost 15 years.

Ciao

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227

That was exactly the point dude. I copied this from a nebraska fan that continually insists ISU runs power formations exclusively. It's almost comical actually.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,156
    Given: 822

imo, running a power offense means the offense has some kind of power. if we have that kind of power, we need to find the lightswitch quick!

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Rookie
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 25

That's hilarious... Wow, didn't realize a 4-wide shotgun formation isn't the same spread offense Smith ran hahaha are you serious? ohhhhh the irony, thats soooo funny... Barney Ball? What?