Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 613

Opinion by Deace

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=171&p=2&c=575008
    ISU has done nothing and shown nothing all season long. They flash at times, and then fade at most others. There’s something that is or isn’t happening in terms of leadership, discipline, and/or chemistry behind the scenes that we’re not seeing. The next three weeks – Nebraska, at Oklahoma, and Texas Tech – will define ISU’s season; and they might also determine the near future of the program.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 0

Re: Opinion by Deace

I hate to say it...but that's less of an opinion, and more of a fact.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 361

Quote Originally Posted by Bryceman View Post
    and they might also determine the near future of the program.
    This IS a make or break year for many people/projects.

If ISU can do no better than 7-5...look for even more pressure to be put on D-Mac by fans and perhaps even Pollard.

Also, if ISU can't produce, especially at home - look for season ticket sales to take a dip next year - even with the likes of Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma visiting Ames.

And even more importantly, being the JTS project is going to mostly be funded by boosters and fans - if ISU can't maintain the high level of excitement surrounding the football program...that project could be in serious jeopardy.

I said many times that the 2006 football season is the most important ever in the history of Cyclone football - including on the Cyclone Roundtable a few months ago. And it still rings true. A lot of pressure rides on this team - for 2006 and beyond.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    This IS a make or break year for many people/projects.

If ISU can do no better than 7-5...look for even more pressure to be put on D-Mac by fans and perhaps even Pollard.

Also, if ISU can't produce, especially at home - look for season ticket sales to take a dip next year - even with the likes of Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma visiting Ames.

And even more importantly, being the JTS project is going to mostly be funded by boosters and fans - if ISU can't maintain the high level of excitement surrounding the football program...that project could be in serious jeopardy.

I said many times that the 2006 football season is the most important ever in the history of Cyclone football - including on the Cyclone Roundtable a few months ago. And it still rings true. A lot of pressure rides on this team - for 2006 and beyond.
    This is an incredibly true post in my opinion. The only thing I would say here is that 7-5 may be a reach based on how we are playing right now.

HOWEVER, i am not ready to throw up the flag yet because if everyone remembers correctly, we struggled big time against lesser opponents last year and subsequently killed some 'power' programs. It honestly all comes back to playing to the level of the competition. We need to strike early, keep the pressure on, and ADAPT to what the other team is trying to do.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Last year people were trying to use the spin we are 5 or 6 plays away from being 7 - 0. Where are they this year when we are 3 plays from being 0 -5?

1. Failed 2-point conversion in triple overtime by Toledo.
    2. Out of bounds endzone pass at the end of the UNLV game.
    3. A very close wide right kick, that was long enough by the way, aginast UNI.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Deace is right, but he forgot to mention that we are STILL one of only 54 teams in Division I that are undefeated at home so far this season.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Rookie
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Every week I've been thinking that this is going to be our break out game. If it doesn't happen this week, I don't think that we are going to get one.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 34

We play to the level of our opponent... We're 3-2 coming up with wins late in the game... Only 1 winnable game left on the schedule? are you serious? No way BUT these next 3 weeks are beyond HUGE... gotta have at least 1 if not 2 of those games... then our last 4 games, we gotta beat teams we're suppose to beat which should be at least 3 of 4... I'm still optimistic (first time in weeks for ISU football; maybe MacCarney's propoganda has gotten into my brain or just me missing the UNI game helped, who knows), I just think we still got a good handle on the season... We could go 6-1 or 1-6 down the stretch and I like those odds... Biggest game of the year is this weekend, PACK THE JACK! and let's win the game (on the last play preferiable so at least we're consistent)...

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Deace has hit the nail on the head why I have this feeling of apathy concerning Iowa State football. I really hope the 'Clones can win this weekend to break this feeling...

Last edited by Nedrick; 10-04-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spell check

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
    Last year people were trying to use the spin we are 5 or 6 plays away from being 7 - 0. Where are they this year when we are 3 plays from being 0 -5?

1. Failed 2-point conversion in triple overtime by Toledo.
    2. Out of bounds endzone pass at the end of the UNLV game.
    3. A very close wide right kick, that was long enough by the way, aginast UNI.
    We have to stay positive. One thing that this staff has shown over the years is the ability to survive. So even if we fall off the cliff, there is no reason to blame Dan, because it has been a long standing problem that this university, and the fan base has not supported well enough
    Look, Dan is treading on some pretty damn thin ice. A loss Saturday while not a death nell, would certainly have the fat lady warming up on this season.
    We have figured out that Nebraska is not that good, but we haven't shown to be too good either. This is yet another in the long line of defining moments for Mac. In the majority of the other ones, he has come up short. If I were in charge of his PR campaign, then I would actually have him come clean, and admit the mistakes of the past, and ... Oh what the hell am I saying.
    Instead of saying hey we looked like s%$&t against UNI, UNLV, Toledo, we get well hey we are one of 54 teams in 1A football that is undefeated at home. How far has reality slipped from his grasp???
    I would like to see Mac actually be candid, because I believe (only MY opinion) the constant spin that he has tried to put on things has alienated a lot of fans. Again that is only my opinion.
    He has lost a chunk of his fanbase, and that does not mean that we aren't there supporting the team, but it is going to take a lot for him to get some of us back.
    And contrary to popular opinion, many of us aren't that concerned about w's and l's, it is about seeing a team that is ready to play from the opening kickoff, a team that plays with fire, and REACHES THEIR POTENTIAL!!!
    A coach that is dynaminc, and as I said in a response to ISU, pacing and clapping your hands while talking on the headset does NOT make you dynamic!!!!!!!
    It's going to be tough for this team to "run the table" like I have heard others on here predicting, but they can win 4-5 games of whats left. 7-8 wins is fine, but we've seen this before.
    When all is said and done, none of us make the decision about what happens with this coaching staff, that will be up to the administration. But in my many e-mails with JP, the one question that I keep coming back to is has watching a Dan McCarney coached football team ever truly moved you, left you feeling inspired about the direction of the program???
    Oh sure there have been players, Seneca, the Davis Brothers, Sage, Lane, TB/BM that have made great plays, but those are moments caught between periods of futility.
    And last, but not least, why are we one of the worst teams in terms of fundementals that I see on TV???
    However, I will once again state for the record that I am off the "fire Dan" bandwagon, and I will ne there Saturday night cheering my heart out.
    I REALLY HOPE THAT I AM WRONG ABOUT THE FEELING I HAVE IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH THAT GETS STRONGER AS THE GAME GETS CLOSER!!!

Last edited by darts180; 10-04-2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: forgot one thing
    Jeffrey A Crawford

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by darts180 View Post
    When all is said and done, none of us make the decision about what happens with this coaching staff, that will be up to the administration. But in my many e-mails with JP, the one question that I keep coming back to is has watching a Dan McCarney coached football team ever truly moved you, left you feeling inspired about the direction of the program???
    Oh sure there have been players, Seneca, the Davis Brothers, Sage, Lane, TB/BM that have made great plays, but those are moments caught between periods of futility.
    Let me get this straight...

Dan gets no credit for some of the amazing wins in ISU history while he's been the coach? That all goes to the players? That's just exactly what you said...had to recap.

However, you and some of the other "D-Mac haters" have stated many times D-Mac is to blame for the losses in the past and the sub-par play this year.

Wow...seems quite hypocritical to me. As your post numbers increase, you sure make yourself look more and more foolish and uneducated.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Let me get this straight...

Dan gets no credit for some of the amazing wins in ISU history while he's been the coach? That all goes to the players? That's just exactly what you said...had to recap.

However, you and some of the other "D-Mac haters" have stated many times D-Mac is to blame for the losses in the past and the sub-par play this year.

Wow...seems quite hypocritical to me. As your post numbers increase, you sure make yourself look more and more foolish and uneducated.
    Let me get this straight, it is OK for you as a moderator to take shots at me, but when I respond, I am threatened. Interesting.
    If you had bothered to actually "read" the post, what was said was that there have been players that inspired people. The overall direction of the program has not. I give Dan credit for finding the players,, but still in all of the excitement that they created, Dan is still 55-79, 33-34 since 2000 with a 10 game losing streak in there.
    Now in conclusion, I have asked time and again for examples of some of those "amazing" wins that you are talking about. I will be anxiously awaiting your insult er response.
    And WHY ARE WE SO BAD FUNDEMENTALLY?????

Jeffrey A Crawford

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Let me get this straight, it is OK for you as a moderator to take shots at me, but when I respond, I am threatened. Interesting.
    If you had bothered to actually "read" the post, what was said was that there have been players that inspired people. The overall direction of the program has not. I give Dan credit for finding the players,, but still in all of the excitement that they created, Dan is still 55-79, 33-34 since 2000 with a 10 game losing streak in there.
    Now in conclusion, I have asked time and again for examples of some of those "amazing" wins that you are talking about. I will be anxiously awaiting your insult er response.
    And just how do you think those players have provided the on-field inspiration? They just woke up one day and knew how to do it? Magic? You get on D-Mac for his spin of certain things and stats. Who’s the one spinning crap here?

You "claim" to be off the fire D-Mac wagon yet still search every post and find ways to take shots at him. Again, and again and again.

Lying and hypocrisy...those will get you chastised around here. Or anywhere else for that matter.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

And just how do you think those players have provided the on-field inspiration? They just woke up one day and knew how to do it? Magic? You get on D-Mac for his spin of certain things and stats. Who’s the one spinning crap here?

You "claim" to be off the fire D-Mac wagon yet still search every post and find ways to take shots at him. Again, and again and again.

Lying and hypocrisy...those will get you chastised around here. Or anywhere else for that matter.
    Interesting...
    When the players do good, then it's Dan, when the players do bad it's their fault.
    And I have not one time stated in the past 3 days that I wanted him fired, I don't want that to happen anymore. And I know that isn't going to happen anyway.
    I am trying to give my honest opinons on subject matters, and I am trying to not have selective memories as other people on here seem to have, AT TIMES. And as hard as this may be for you to admit at this point, Dan has actually made some mistakes OMG it's true. Have I crucified Mac in the past for these mistakes, yes, and I was wrong, because mistakes happen.

So I ask again, what were these miraculous wins??? and Why are we so bad fundementally?

Jeffrey A Crawford

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Interesting...
    When the players do good, then it's Dan, when the players do bad it's their fault.
    And I have not one time stated in the past 3 days that I wanted him fired, I don't want that to happen anymore. And I know that isn't going to happen anyway.
    I am trying to give my honest opinons on subject matters, and I am trying to not have selective memories as other people on here seem to have, AT TIMES. And as hard as this may be for you to admit at this point, Dan has actually made some mistakes OMG it's true. Have I crucified Mac in the past for these mistakes, yes, and I was wrong, because mistakes happen.

So I ask again, what were these miraculous wins??? and Why are we so bad fundementally?
    I never said wins belong to Dan and losses belong to coaches.

I have posted many times that both players and coaches share the wins and losses equally. You on the other hand, seem to only have a lopsided view. A view many on here have tried to teach you to balance...yet a skunk can't change it's stripes.

It's uselesss conversing with you. As the saying goes...if you wrestle with a pig...both you and the pig gets dirty. And the pig enjoys it.

Bye-bye.