Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 26,661, Level: 50
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jpete24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    26,661
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 166

    Senator now going after the NFL

    ESPN - Senator wants to know why NFL destroyed Patriots spy tapes - NFL

    I feel that this is a complete waste of time, and that our government should be spending more time worrying about things that are really important....NOT steroids in baseball and NOT NFL "spygate". It makes me sick to see my tax dollars being wasted by stupid politicians like this guy. I can't complain enough about the money wasted by our government, and this is a great example.

    PS. He must be a Giants fan.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 11,161, Level: 31
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    throwittoblythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    708
    Points
    11,161
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 15

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    Mike Greenburg made a good point this morning. He basically said when congress decided to go after MLB for steroids, he was ok with it because it was for the greater good of the population. Bringing to light the steroid abuse and cleaning baseball up is good for the youth of America. It has brought about awareness toward steroid abuse and has hopefully taught youngsters that although steroids may help the present, they will destroy the future.

    However, he said this is a complete waste of taxpayer money. What good will come of this investigation? NONE! It will do no more than to put a black-eye on something that only a portion of Americans care about.

    Now, I'm not a Giants/Patriots fan, but I completely agree with him. I see no good coming from this investigation at all. Even if they find something profound such as the NFL protected the Patriots, I still won't care.


    TRUE & VALIANT

  3. #3
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 326,232, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    22,280
    Points
    326,232
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,993
    Given: 4,754

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by jpete24 View Post
    ESPN - Senator wants to know why NFL destroyed Patriots spy tapes - NFL

    I feel that this is a complete waste of time, and that our government should be spending more time worrying about things that are really important....NOT steroids in baseball and NOT NFL "spygate". It makes me sick to see my tax dollars being wasted by stupid politicians like this guy. I can't complain enough about the money wasted by our government, and this is a great example.

    PS. He must be a Giants fan.
    actually I bet he is a Jets fan.

    -keep


    This post is pending approval of site sponsors.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,462, Level: 68
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,884
    Points
    49,462
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    A war in two countries, a recession, people losing their jobs, an election coming up, a report coming out saying that the National Guard is not prepared for a disaster/attack on home soil, along with a million other things and this is what they're going to focus on.

    Listen, if you don't have anything better to do with your time then maybe it's time to step aside and let someone else do your job.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 105,982, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    6,772
    Points
    105,982
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,140
    Given: 4,807

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    A war in two countries, a recession, people losing their jobs, an election coming up, a report coming out saying that the National Guard is not prepared for a disaster/attack on home soil, along with a million other things and this is what they're going to focus on.

    Listen, if you don't have anything better to do with your time then maybe it's time to step aside and let someone else do your job.
    Couldn't have said it better



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 238,405, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    32,326
    Points
    238,405
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,898
    Given: 206

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    If Congress has the right to inject themselves into the steroids business in baseball, then they have a right to get involved in this. Personally, I felt that they have no right to get involved in neither.

    If you use the reasoning that they were worried about kids when it came to steroids, you could use the same logic when it comes to the Patriots and cheating. That the Patriots are teaching kids that it is okay to cheat. Perhaps they should have taken away the Patriots win against the Jets and forced Bellichek to sit out the rest of this season and maybe another one or two. The fine was a slap on the wrist.

    But as I said, Congress should have better things to do. Like clean up their own houses of corruption.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,353, Level: 65
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,197
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,401
    Points
    44,353
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 47

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    If you use the reasoning that they were worried about kids when it came to steroids, you could use the same logic when it comes to the Patriots and cheating. That the Patriots are teaching kids that it is okay to cheat. Perhaps they should have taken away the Patriots win against the Jets and forced Bellichek to sit out the rest of this season and maybe another one or two. The fine was a slap on the wrist.
    I thought it was just teaching people to be creative when learning about things.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,661, Level: 50
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jpete24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    26,661
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 166

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    That is the point though, where do they draw the line? BASEBALL? NCAA Violations? NBA Violations?

    That is why there are directors and commissioner's of these leagues to control, and maintain them. We don't need "big brother" getting there fingers into EVERYTHING. It's bad enough as it is.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 50,186, Level: 69
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cy Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,712
    Points
    50,186
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 297
    Given: 82

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    Biggest non-issue ever. Who cares! I hope this senator makes a name for himself, and that name is ensured to get beat out in his next election.


    Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,462, Level: 68
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,884
    Points
    49,462
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Senator now going after the NFL

    From the AP

    CONGRESS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO. WILL LOOK INTO PREDETERMINED RESULTS OF WWE MATCHES. ARE THEY FIXED?



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM