Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

Huskers up Next for ISU

Saturday we'll have a chance to run our Big 12 record to 4-3 and then have 2 home games to follow!

Juice blogs » The Cyclones

Huskers up Next for ISU
    :: January 31st, 2008 :: 10:26 am

Well the good news is that ISU is coming off a win over Colorado in which Wesley Johnson was out with an injury for most of the game. The bad news is that Wesley Johnson was out with an injury for most of the game. His status is up in the air for Saturday’s game against Nebraska. Coach McDermott stated that it was a re-injury of his ankle injury that kept him out of action for many non-conference games earlier this season. The latest word is that the trainers were pleased yesterday that it wasn’t as bad as they had originally thought Tuesday night. Obviously we need him on the court if we want any chance of competing for the top half of the conference.

Saturday ISU will pack up and head into Husker country. Nebraska fans are plenty excited this winter…only it’s excitement geared towards next football season with Bill Calahan out of town. While at the Delaney Center for Cyclone road games when I was in college, I have heard “intelligent” insults from Husker fans such as “at least we’re better than you in football and volleyball!”, had an old man shake his cane at me after we beat them on a buzzer beater Tinsley’s senior year, and have been led out in handcuffs after a misunderstanding with a Nebraska fan a couple of years later. Needless to say, I’d love to see us throttle them on their home court!

Without Wesley Johnson though, this would be a very tough game for us. We have yet to win away from home in the conference, and we’d really miss his near-20 points a game in the conference. Also, Nebraska just got off the snide in conference with a win at Missouri last night. Don’t kid yourself though, the Tigers were playing without star Stefhon Hannah who was injured in a bar fight, and also missed the services of Jailbirds Jason Horton, Marshall Brown, Darryl Butterfield, and Leo Lyons. These 4 were reportedly with Hannah and were involved in the bar beat down. Take away those 5 players, and it’s no surprise Nebraska took them down. Regardless, here’s hoping that Wesley can play because we really need this win!

- Step away from the ledge Cyclone fans, the Clones’ loss at KSU last weekend proved to be less demoralizing than most fans originally thought. Last night, the Wildcats toppled unbeaten #2 Kansas at home by 9 points. That one makes our throttling at Bramlage a little easier to swallow. If we can slip by Nebraska we’ll be 4-3 in the conference and have a chance for a signature win at home next week against Texas A & M!

“I’m just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard,” Eustachy joked. “If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, he’ll be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.”

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

All-Star
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Huskers up Next for ISU

Obviously Maric will be the biggest test for us. Jackson and Beasley just killed us, so we'll have to slow him down. If we can slow him down, we shouldn't have any problem winning this game.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 35

If we dont have Wes were not going beat anyone easily

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 966
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 183

one game at a time, got to get some quality wins along the way. IDK if the tourney people will think much of a win at nebraska, but these are still the types of games we need to win. Colorado was too close for comfort much of the game. Go State!

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!