Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Cyclone Fans Never Say,"Die!"

Yes, when we've won this year we haven't looked the most impressive, but we won. No spin we should be playing better.

I'll admit in all 3 home games that we won close, I, at some point in the 4th qrtr, was preparing myself for a loss and had mentally given up, but the players and coaches didn't. They fought hard to overcome adversity, and they won those games. That shows great mental toughness for a bunch of 18-22 year olds.

We haven't looked like world beaters, I admit, but I am not ready to give up on the season. I think most people thought we would be 3-2 at this point in the season with the Iowa game being a toss up and a young defense struggling to find an identity. We have gotten exactly what we expected. (outside of the the margin of victories.)

I think preseason everyone was looking ahead to winning the North, and Saturday is where that begins. It's a new season. I'm not giving up. I'm going to swallow my pride and take those 3 close wins and cheer my arse off until the final gun no matter what happens. I'm sure every cyclone fan has said the following words:

"O we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    And may her colors ever fly.
    Yes, we will fight with might for Iowa State,
    With a will to do or die,
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    Loyal sons for ever true,
    And we will fight the battle through.
    And when we hit that line we'll hit it hard ev'ry yard for I. S. U."

Do those words mean anything? Where in there does it say, "we will quit when it's not going our way." or "Give up on football when they aren't winning by enough points."? Come on cyclone fans uncross your arms and start cheering.

We are going to beat Nebraska this weekend. Then we're going to Oklahoma. Then Texas Tech, and Kansas St, Kansas, Colorado and Missouri. And then we are going take back the Big XII Championship. Arrrrrgggghhhhh! (a la Howard Dean)

Every true cyclone fan show up at the game saturday in gold, and all the fairweather fans stay home and watch it on tv. Let's go cyclone fans the season is far from over everyone throw your full support behind the clones.

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 43

Re: Cyclone Fans Never Say,"Die!"

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    Where in there does it say, "we will quit when it's not going our way."
    I think that line is in the second refrain...