Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 127

Exclamation CF: Site direction and feedback...

Site direction and feedback...

As a lot of you will probably have noticed, I have not been very good over the past couple of weeks about dividing personal opinion pieces from the news stories on the site. I apologize for this as it hasn't made things run either as smoothly or professionally as I would have liked.

I think most people would agree that the site has been running very well for the past couple of months, disregarding the past week or two, and I hope that all of you have enjoyed the news stories and analysis reviews. I do understand that it probably wasn't the best idea to post personal opinion pieces to the frontpage as it takes away from the great things that have been going on both with the site and ISU Athletics.

Going forward, I will formulate a plan so that news stories stay on the frontpage and personal opinions stay either in the general forum or on my own personal blog.

I welcome any feedback and look forward to having some constructive ideas on how best to keep things running smoothly.

Thanks again!!
    Jeremy

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

All-Star
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Re: CF: Site direction and feedback...

Because of your unique position, I would recommend posting only News Stories, only the facts.

Since you are the creator of the site, I think the most professsional way to run it is to to remain completely unbiased.

However, as a fan, I'm sure you want to be able to post your opinions as well. Maybe you would be best served to create a separate username for such posts.

Ultimately, the decision is yours, you own/run the site. But as I'm sure you noticed, people begin to question you when you (the owner) begin to interject opinions.

It's a tough place to be in, and I don't envy your position!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I would suggest that you could use two accounts, one for posting your opinions and editorials, and another for posting factual news. I would keep the "Jeremy" logon for opinions and editorials, and come up with something more official sounding for your news postings.

Don't go changing on my account, I think it is fine the way it is. If the football season was living up to expectaions (which is still 3-2, or maybe 4-1) then people would be less touchy.

The Portland, Oregon cyclone fan
    Class of 91

If life isn't fun, your doing it wrong.

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by threemuch View Post
    I would suggest that you could use two accounts, one for posting your opinions and editorials, and another for posting factual news. I would keep the "Jeremy" logon for opinions and editorials, and come up with something more official sounding for your news postings.

Don't go changing on my account, I think it is fine the way it is. If the football season was living up to expectaions (which is still 3-2, or maybe 4-1) then people would be less touchy.
    I agree with this, but the 'Jeremy' handle should be maintained for official purposes. If he started posting opinions & editorials under Jeremy and created a more 'official' tag for news and facts, nothing would really change in my opinion. People associate the 'Jeremy' tag with fact-based & ownership posts. I think Jeremy needs to create a new anonymous tag for his opinion posts.

Just my 2 cents.