Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Jason Scales vs. Stevie Hicks

I don't think it's very much competition there. I beleive Scales is a way better back then Stevie. I like Stevie but dude has never really got it done. Every time Scales comes into the game it's like a burst of energy.

Also that 4th and 2 when Stevie ran straight into the back of the line and went for zero yards was almost embarrasing. That single play made me so mad I almost left the game and went home.

I really can't take Barney Cotton running our offense. Him and Mac are way to stubbern to be effective college football coaches. They run a high school offense. Sorry for the rant.

Clones Rule

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Jason Scales vs. Stevie Hicks

have you looked at the yards per carry between jason and stevie. 4.65 ypc for stevie and 3.3 ypc for Jason...so you prefer 1.3 yards less per attempt?

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Stevie has been playing up to our expectations this year there is no reason to get on him right now...he had what 7 carries in the game the other night...if we would have been winning and not down from the very start we would have been able to wear out their defense and pound the ball with stevie but that was not the case saturday

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

Stevie is a good north to south runner while Scales is better used running to the outside as he's quicker. They are 2 different style backs really, Stevie is more hard nosed up the middle while Scales is more speed off the corners.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I am really hoping the coaches do their homework this week, because if they do we should be seeing a lot more of Scales against Nebraska. Nebraska was burnt by USC and Kansas by the cutback runs. Cornish for KU ran for 130 plus and most of it was because Nebraksas defense is so aggressive and pursue the QB so heavily that the lanes are open for the cutback. Scales or Josh Johnson could have a monster game against NU as I am sure they will be stacking up to put pressure on Meyer.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 176

*sigh*

Some folks will just never get off Stevie's back...even when he's getting over 4 yards a pop. Suddenly, the guy who's been hurt his entire collegiate career and hasn't proved much on the field, should be the starter.

Makes perfect sense! *rolling eyes*

Folks, the combo of Hicks and Scales is a very solid duo. We're seeing more of a 1-2 punch from these two.

I'd really like to see even more rotation, keep the defense guessing. One play, use Stevie, then go to Scales on the next. Of course, if you've got one back that's hot, keep him in there.

Stevie is our #1 guy and the only way that's changing is if he's hurt. He's proven to be a solid back and an even better blocker.

Get used to it....