Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

Clones out of the Phog, Wildcats up Next

New blog post is up looking forward to Saturday.

Clones out of the Phog, Wildcats up Next
    :: January 24th, 2008 :: 9:56 am

Well we knew going into it that it likely wasnít going to be a pretty game in Lawrence last night, and our fears proved to be true. Throughout the first half and for a part of the second, it seemed like every time we had a chance to make it a close game we would have a turnover or miss a 3 that would lead to a KU fast break. For the game we only turned it over 11 times, but many of those were costly and we only hit 31% from the field all game long, including 6-28 from downtown. When the Jayhawks are hitting 50% of their 3ís and 78% from the line, itís going to be darn near impossible to topple them this year. Despite the final score, the Clones can take solace in the fact that the games certainly wonít get any tougher than this one, and they really fought for the entire game to keep it close for a while.

On Saturday they will head down to Manhattan to do battle with Kansas State. The Wildcats are in that top tier of Big 12 teams, but they are definitely not on the same plane as Kansas. That being said, it will take a great effort out of us to come out of Bramlage with a win. Besides Colorado, that may be our worst arena to play at in the entire Big 12. It seems like some years they have been ripe for the picking and still drilled us down there. In Eustachyís final year, one of my friends on the staff got us tickets right behind the bench for the KSU game. We drove down in our Julius Michalik and Stevie Johnson jerseys ready to make some noise and cheer us on to victory. When we arrived at our seats, we thought it was great that the entire student section was directly behind us, figuring there would be some good natured heckling back and forth throughout the game. After the Wildcats opened the game on something like a 20-2 run, we sat in shame as the jeers deservedly rained down, along with some concession stand trash and KSU never looked back that entire game. I donít think I have ever felt so crappy at an ISU sporting event.

Now that Iíve got my doom and gloom story out there, I really think this will be a good game on Saturday. Kansas State has some tremendous young talent, but we have some guys that will give them match-up problems as well. Iím thinking this one will for sure be closer than 10 either way, and Iím hoping we can hang tight and steal one in the end. Either way, KSU has sold their soul to the devil hiring Huggins and then his inexperienced assistant just to keep one class together that will likely be gone after this year. Hereís to pounding the snot out of them for the next few years after Beasley and Walker jump to the NBA!

ďIím just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard,Ē Eustachy joked. ďIf I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, heíll be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.Ē

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 129

Re: Clones out of the Phog, Wildcats up Next

Wow, tigers comes up with a responsible and realistic post!!

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 294

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    Wow, tigers comes up with a responsible and realistic post!!
    He saw the light after he just narrowly missed predicting the outcome of the Kansas game.

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 129

Just joking tigers, we all know you do a lot of entertainment-style writing. Keep up the good work.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    He saw the light after he just narrowly missed predicting the outcome of the Kansas game.
    We're still on pace for that 12-4 season according to my individual game win/loss predictions though if we can steal one in Manhattan on Saturday

And now if you will all excuse me, this pitcher of Kool-aid isn't going to drink itself

ďIím just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard,Ē Eustachy joked. ďIf I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, heíll be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.Ē

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43