Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seriously

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

seriously

Was anyone else completely embarrassed last night while watching the game? Completely innexcusible for us to perform the way we did. Mac and staff was completely out coached and the team was out played by a much smaller yet much hungrier team. Was that the typical ISU meltdown game that we have at home every year?(Baylor from a year ago) As I watched the fourth quarter unfold, the final outcome of the game mattered less and less to me, as we were losers in my mind no matter what the final score was. Been a die hard fan for a lot of years, and this wasn't the first time this team has driven me to drinking, but come on guys-UNI??????? Didn't they get beat by North Dakota at home? I am still embarassed today to wear my golden shirt and put my flag up. The worst part of the whole deal is that halfway threw the fourth quarter I almost wanted us to lose the game because that would have for sure been the end of the Big Mac era. Today I am thrilled with the win-our season hasn't tanked yet, but I am left to wonder if we will squander our talent for the rest of the season or if we can start to turn this ship around. Only time will tell, and I will continue to support. See you all next Saturday.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Re: seriously

I unfortunately/fortunately did not get to go to the game because I got drug to a wedding. I was almost floored when I called a buddy at the game and the first words out of his mouth were "Dude we suck. We're down 21-7 in the 3rd and we haven't been able to stop them all game." I was relieved when we finally pulled it out but man this HAS to be a wakeup call to Mac and his staff! The only way they are going to shut up the critics and doubters is to come out and just rock Nebraska and finish off the schedule strong from here on out. We can't lose to a Colorado or Kansas or even let teams like those stay in the game if he and his staff want to be certain that they'll still have jobs at the end of the season.

It's time now to step up to the plate and shoot for that 8-4 record that everyone was predicting to start the season. It's time to go out and just put up a 41-14 win against a much weaker big 12 team this year. It's time to finally not play down to the level of competition every week and play for the big plays every chance you get. I was watching the Notre Dame game yesterday and they were up comfortly but ran a fake FG on a 4th down for a TD. They didn't settle for the easy 3 points, they went for the kill and that is something We need to do as well. I watched Tennessee go for it on 4th and short with a big lead yesterday too and just wondered why we don't ever take some chances like that when we have the talent on offense to go for the big plays more often.

All-Star
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

dudeluv, I honostly felt/feel exactly the same way. ISU football has got me feeling ill.

But I'll be there Saturday as well hoping for a big W and a jumpstart to the second half of the season.

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

All I can think about is that I paid $40ea for hillside tickets to the game next weekend. What a waste of money, I don't even want to go now.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

At about half time, and this is how bad it was and how crazy I was getting, the thought crossed my mind . . . "Is it possible to buy Iowa season tickets?"

It was that bad.

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 4

what is with you people? that game was AWSOME! it was a story book comeback from behind....who cares if it was to a IIA? I don't. It was fun to watch, and I still think we might turn this into a good season (next weeks game is gonna be HUGE in determining that). Chin up cyclones. being an ISU fan isn't easy. It takes more guts, grit, and will power than any Hawk fan knows.

Prospect Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

The point of this discussion is that it took a missed field goal by UNI for us to hold on and win this game. If anyone besides a Panther had told me last week that this would be the case I would have taken them to the nearest hospital to have the mushrooms pumped out of their stomach. It was a great game, I am just expressing my embarassment as a fan that it came down to the wire against a team that we should have dominated from the kickoff.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

I was at a wedding reception in Wisconsin; they closed the lower level bar and the only TV in the joint was in the kitchen! In short, I didn't see the ISU / UNI score until this AM; I remarked to my wife and kids that I was certain UNI'd had the last chance to win it (though I was thinking last second TD and we stopped their attempt for two). As much as I like the cute purple panthers, a loss to them would have been catastrophic! I'm a good fan so I made certain my five tickets were used, but does it lessen my street cred to say I'm actually glad I wasn't there to see it in person? Wow...

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Couldn't agree more with everything being said. I'm really upset, and I'm not even sure at who.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 365

Ya know...I am disappointed that the score wasn't more like 48-20...however...what a game.

If you look at it purely from a football fan sense...ya can't ask for any more exciting games than our 3 home games. If those teams would have been named Nebraska, Texas Tech and Missouri - we'd all be jumping around with joy.

And...fact is...the same type of game with the same result could very well take place when we face these teams.

Try not to give up hope just yet...lots of football left to play.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 622

Reminds me of watching WM and Curtis Stinson go down in a blaze of non glory in the Big 12 tourney this year. Very similar. Like the coaches have no answers. The second half runback by Baum helped the second half effort, but for him to fumble two times in a row is bush league. So the big offensive machine put as TD up on the board in the second half. And Flynn fumbled at the one just like a running back did last year.

Great poll question for all.
    Are we better this year than the last two years? :Glasses:

No, about 7 points worse on defense and 7 points worse on offense andf three points worse on special teams and seven points worse on scoring on turnovers. The easy games are gone. We have to get better or we will putt putt into Shreveport.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

i could care less what pessimestic fans like you have to say. when we beat nebraska and the rest of the games you'll be one of those fans saying i knew we'd pull it together, i never lost faith. just cheer for the team, nobody is happy how this season is going down but jumping ship now wont fix anything

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 622

We are not jumping ship or being pessimistic. We are being realistic. We instead are watching past results with open minds. The UNLV and Toledo teams have struggled except Toledo against Kansas. UNI was beat by a strong North Dakota State. Already Ohio State crushed Texas and Iowa who made us look bad in the seond half. The handwriting is on the wall in indelible ink. We need to be a better team tonight to compete or we will iook like the last year of Bill Snyder and KState.

The players have to be shown the way by the gameplan at this point. The players can only do so much. The coaches need to be more innovative and not predictable. That is why we lost last year to the same terams we now face. That is the picture I see. The players cannot get much better unless the schemes and playcalling get better.

We have not jumped ship. I posted last night that we have six winnable games except the Sooners. Obviously it was not a popular thread as no one posted much to it. The irritation level is high. It has been every Saturday night so far. Did we expect a better or equal team than last year?

BUT and I WILL SAY BUT, we cannot win again if we do not do some things better. The o line is out of time when they play Nebraska. Stevie will not be a 100 yard man against Nebraska. Blythe needs to be freed up against the short defenders. I do not want to lose by 35 points. I want to win. But I am being a realist. Rose colored glasses fo not work well at night.

Have a good week waiting for the game.

Even our tough schedule has sunk into the sunset.

Realist, not pessismistic. If you think I am perssimistic, I could do much much better, but we still have a chance. Three winms by a yard each is three wins to Sagarin. Its just that the schedule seemed more hard than it sghould have been so far.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by price26 View Post
    At about half time, and this is how bad it was and how crazy I was getting, the thought crossed my mind . . . "Is it possible to buy Iowa season tickets?"

It was that bad.
    I was there & it was bad...but I hope you were drinking heavily when you typed that. You should be a Hawkeye...fair-weather fan! The best joke ever applies here...'What do Cyclone & Hawkeye fans have in common? Neither went to the University of Iowa!' I'm sure this has your name written all over it, but if you actually did go to ISU, you should be ashamed. I hope I don't see nasties like you at the next game. If you don't like it, cheer for somebody else.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by crash_zone View Post
    what is with you people? that game was AWSOME! it was a story book comeback from behind....who cares if it was to a IIA? I don't. It was fun to watch, and I still think we might turn this into a good season (next weeks game is gonna be HUGE in determining that). Chin up cyclones. being an ISU fan isn't easy. It takes more guts, grit, and will power than any Hawk fan knows.
    crash_zone, you nailed it! I'm not saying I was happy about such a tight game with a DAA team, but we got the W, & we'll move on to next Sat against Nebraska (& probably set the attendance record again!). It's tough work being a Cyclone, but you're right...Hawkeye fans are bandwagon fans...they don't know what it's like to stick by your team through thick & thin!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985