Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

Iowa State vs Iowa Hockey

Sat, Jan 26, 2008
    RoughRiders/Iowa-Iowa State Doubleheader II
    The Cy-Hawks rivalry will again take to the ice as the Iowa and Iowa State hockey teams collide prior to the Riders’ match-up with the Ohio Junior Blue Jackets.

Buy tickets online:
    ETIX Online Tickets

Or I looked to see what was available for 1 ticket and found second row so you can probably just walk up

Edit: and this is in Cedar Rapids.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 4

Re: Iowa State vs Iowa Hockey

Iowa State and Iowa will also play in Ames on Friday, January 25 at 7:30 p.m. at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.

The Cyclones are 11th in the nation and are riding high on a 12-game winning streak. It would be great for the team to get a lot of support this week headed into next weekend's match-up against top-ranked Illinois. The puck will drop at 7:30 p.m. at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.

Hope to see you all there!

TRUE AND VALIANT

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was just doing some preparation for tomorrow's games (because that's what I do after a couple of drinks on a Thursday night) and came across a couple interesting stats regarding the squad.

Five skaters for the Cyclones have points in five or more straight games. Junior Mike Murtaugh and sophomore Brian Spring are right at five games while junior Bill Adolph and freshman Jordan Pascale each are going on eight straight games. Freshman Mike Lebler tops the group and has tallied in each of his last nine matches. And now the fun part:

Murtaugh has 9 goals and 15 assists over the 12-game winning streak including 3 goals and 9 assists in his last 5 games.

Spring has 10 goals and 16 assists over the team's streak with 3 goals and 8 assists in his personal streak.

Adolph (11g, 7a) and Pascale (7g, 11a) have each recorded 18 points over the streak, as has sophomore Pete Majkozak (9g, 9a).

Lebler has 10 goals and 11 assists over the team's winning streak, with 10 goals and 8 assists in his own nine-game points streak.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone will find these facts interesting unless you really follow the team but they are really hitting their stride right now. They should pick up another sweep this weekend as they head into the toughest matchup of the season against archrival Illinois next week. But as hot as some of these key players are at the moment, they've got a shot to deal the Illini their first loss of the season!

First things first though: Iowa State and Iowa face off Friday at 7:30 in Ames and then at 3:30 in Cedar Rapids for you eastsiders.

TRUE AND VALIANT

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

The sad part is I live in cedar rapids, but
    I will be here Friday night and be in ames saturday night lol

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    Sat, Jan 26, 2008
    RoughRiders/Iowa-Iowa State Doubleheader II
    The Cy-Hawks rivalry will again take to the ice as the Iowa and Iowa State hockey teams collide prior to the Riders’ match-up with the Ohio Junior Blue Jackets.

Buy tickets online:
    ETIX Online Tickets

Or I looked to see what was available for 1 ticket and found second row so you can probably just walk up

Edit: and this is in Cedar Rapids.
    A bunch of us went to see the ISU / Iowa game down at the Bucs arena when they were down in Des Moines a couple months ago. Besides us killing them on the scoreboard we also destroyed them physically, plus we laid one of the sweetest hits I've ever seen on their goalie with about 1 minute left in the game, the Iowa players were none too pleased. It was awesome!!

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

It's weekends like these I wish I still lived within driving distance of Iowa. The Ames/ISU Ice Arena is going to be jam packed...as Coach always says "Man Alive, They'll be hangin from the rafters."

This game should be hardhitting and fast. And since the Cyclones have NEVER lost to Iowa in hockey...its nice to know that we can completely and utterly dominate the Hawks year in and year out. Last time the games got chippy...and I expect that what many of you folks enjoy.

But the Clones will have to keep their heads about them since coming up in just one week's time is the BIGGEST GAMES OF THE YEAR. No matter how you slice it, the Cyclones should be firing on all cylanders this weekend in preparation for the showdown with the University of Illinois.

There is no doubt that both these series will be well attended, so get their early and buy those cheap tickets. you can also buy tickets online to garuntee you'll get in the door. If you're out in Cedar Rapids...you've gotta check out the clones. Twelve-game winning streaks are hard to come by in any sport...especially hockey. I don't think I've ever witnessed a streak that long personally.

Can you tell how much I miss it? Haha. I am just thankful that I had the opportunity to be a part of Cyclone Hockey and I think that all of you looking for something to do tonight...do me a favor and cheer on the Cyclones for me against the hated Squawks!

GO STATE!

Cyclone Hockey - "Where Winning is a Way of Life"

For up to date stats, news, and our live webcast, check out:
    www.cyclonehockey.com

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Another big win for the Cyclones tonight in front of a GREAT crowd. Iowa State won 9-2 powered by a hattrick from freshman Mike Lebler. The rink was at capacity with about 100 others waiting to get in and the fans were really into it.

Anyway, Iowa State looks to make it 14 straight tomorrow in Cedar Rapids.

TRUE AND VALIANT

Speechless
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Hawks have fallen on some rough times. Trounced again. Looks like the sociology guys in IC need some help. Somebody buy them some new skates. 9-2. Whew. That is domination. Tigerish too.
    Way to go.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was feeling under the weather and unable to make the road trip to Cedar Rapids but it looks like Iowa State had a good outing yesterday. 11-3 win over the Hawkeyes to sweep the season series with Iowa and extend their current winning streak to 14 games (overall record of 24-8 now).

The Cyclones had eight players with multi-point efforts, five with four or more points. Two skaters, freshman Cort Bulloch and junior Bill Adolph, had hat tricks for Iowa State in the big win.

Again, next weekend the team will take on unbeaten and top ranked Illinois which should be a very good pair of games as the Cyclones are hitting their stride. The first game is Friday, February 1 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena at 7:30 p.m. while the second match takes to the bigger stage at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2.

TRUE AND VALIANT

Prospect
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    ....The rink was at capacity with about 100 others waiting to get in and the fans were really into it.
    I went to the game Friday, had a great time!

I think they should get the capacity re-certified. There was room for at least 50 additional people in the stands. And plenty of room for standing.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alzzzzzzzz View Post
    I went to the game Friday, had a great time!

I think they should get the capacity re-certified. There was room for at least 50 additional people in the stands. And plenty of room for standing.
    I agree; it looked like the far sections of the stands were not completely filled. However, this was a problem with the head-count and not the capacity from the conversation I had with the ticket takers after the game.

The Ice Arena staff made the initial count and came up with 1400, which is 400 over capacity. However, I can guarantee there were not anywhere near that many; my estimate would have been around 700 at that point. At any rate, that's when they started holding people back. At the end of the period, the police (who always have an officer at the game) did his own count and game up with just over 900, meaning we could safely allow in the remaining fans.

Like you said though, there was still a little room remaining in the stands and standing room available above the bleachers and all the way around the glass. I think another 200 could have been watching without any problems.

At any rate, it was a great crowd and they were really into it!

TRUE AND VALIANT