Funny post on CR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 29,252, Level: 52
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    scottie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,565
    Points
    29,252
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

    Funny post on CR

    I found this on CR about some guy listing everything that people complain about. It seems that after we beat Missouri people complain about something, we beat Okie St. people found something to complain about. Well I found this post quite humorous.

    "Band plays to much, don't like the "techno music", people are standing to much, people aren't standing enough, Cy isn't a real bird, We look like Ronald McDonald, GMac is to tall, people left early, traffic sucked, my dog died, the seats aren't comfortable, I paid $4 for a clone cone which was to much, we didn't rebound enough, we didn't run enough half court sets, we ran to many half court sets, the guy next to me was loud, the guy next to me didn't yell at all during the games, there aren't enough students at the games, the students are distracting to our team, this isn't Hilton Magic, LE should've never been fired, the recruiting class in football doesn't have enough stars, I don't understand why after going 3-9 in football we aren't getting any respect, KU cheats, I need a nap, the cheerleaders wouldn't pose for a picture with me, my wife got mad at me for trying to get a pictures with the cheerleaders"

    Kind of hits all the spots that everyone complains about.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 31,492, Level: 54
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,904
    Points
    31,492
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Those darn cheerleaders, show a little love.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 140,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Flag Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,090
    Points
    140,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    My face paint wasn't red enough at the Missouri game
    My face paint is still all over my tub after the Missouri game
    It's too cold outside
    The thing that holds the shot clock on top of the basketball hoop looks stupid
    I didn't get on the Jumbotron enough
    They kept me on the Jumbotron for too long
    The game got out too late
    The game started too early
    I can't think of enough dumb things to pretend to complain about for this post



    GMac is too tall? Seriously people...
    Traffic sucked? It's a sporting event, of course it does! Be glad we're close to the interstate.
    Seats aren't comfortable? I assure you they're better than the seats in the student section, why do you think we stand
    LE was fired how many years ago? Get over it
    Some people...


    Last edited by Flag Guy; 01-20-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 343,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,663
    Points
    343,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 602
    Given: 369

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Amusing.

    Got a link?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 29,252, Level: 52
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    scottie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,565
    Points
    29,252
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
    Those darn cheerleaders, show a little love.
    They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 223,205, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,031
    Points
    223,205
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean
    What do you mean???



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 83,179, Level: 89
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,904
    Points
    83,179
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 246

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean
    Do you have a link to that!?!?!


    #BEATIOWA

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 91,556, Level: 94
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,700
    Points
    91,556
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Funny post on CR

    My biggest gripe yesterday was there were a couple times at timeouts we had the crowd rocking before a time out then it got killed by some planned contest like the CA one and the Free Throw challenge were 2 I could think of. It would be nice if they could just hold off on those when that happens and just play some loud music to keep the crowd going then do them at the next chance they get.

    Probably wishful thinking but I hate timeout breaks that kill a loud crowd and the fill is something that gets the fans back in their seats.


    Go Cubs Go!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 140,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Flag Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,090
    Points
    140,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    I don't like that they've started doing an advertisement to buckle your seatbelt at the beganning of the last media timeout - the time out where the band plays Fights - Sings Fights - Play Fights

    I know why they play it at that timeout but could they maybe play it after Fights?


    Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 223,205, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,031
    Points
    223,205
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    My biggest gripe yesterday was there were a couple times at timeouts we had the crowd rocking before a time out then it got killed by some planned contest like the CA one and the Free Throw challenge were 2 I could think of. It would be nice if they could just hold off on those when that happens and just play some loud music to keep the crowd going then do them at the next chance they get.

    Probably wishful thinking but I hate timeout breaks that kill a loud crowd and the fill is something that gets the fans back in their seats.
    YES!!! thank you! I thought i was the only one ****** off about that! I hate it when they kill the crowd noise with something like that.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    229
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    haha, it is amazing how many complaints there are with any event. I am surprised you didn't hear any complaints that we shot too many free throws...



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 140,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Flag Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,090
    Points
    140,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    She got that leg pretty high up there...


    Now if only she'd remembered to listen to her mother and remember to bring a pair of fresh underwear with her


    Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 440,282, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,033
    Points
    440,282
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 32

    Re: Funny post on CR

    I wondered how long it'd be until that got deleted...



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 31,492, Level: 54
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,904
    Points
    31,492
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean
    Get your head out of the gutter, LOL.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 18,214, Level: 41
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    944
    Points
    18,214
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Funny post on CR

    Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    I found this on CR about some guy listing everything that people complain about. It seems that after we beat Missouri people complain about something, we beat Okie St. people found something to complain about. Well I found this post quite humorous.

    "Band plays to much, don't like the "techno music", people are standing to much, people aren't standing enough, Cy isn't a real bird, We look like Ronald McDonald, GMac is to tall, people left early, traffic sucked, my dog died, the seats aren't comfortable, I paid $4 for a clone cone which was to much, we didn't rebound enough, we didn't run enough half court sets, we ran to many half court sets, the guy next to me was loud, the guy next to me didn't yell at all during the games, there aren't enough students at the games, the students are distracting to our team, this isn't Hilton Magic, LE should've never been fired, the recruiting class in football doesn't have enough stars, I don't understand why after going 3-9 in football we aren't getting any respect, KU cheats, I need a nap, the cheerleaders wouldn't pose for a picture with me, my wife got mad at me for trying to get a pictures with the cheerleaders"

    Kind of hits all the spots that everyone complains about.

    How about people that leave before the game is over, to get ahead start on the traffic. Hell, the game was still on the line for Clones. Just stay in your seats until the game is over.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM