Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Christian Graham & Recruiting

I know AlanAlda Clone is blowin off about how much he knows about this situation, but, Christian Graham has now committed to none other then Grand Valley State (Div. II)...

Would someone please explain to me how someone who's 6'-3" 215lbs 4.45 speed, great hands and overall awesome athletic ability - superior to any wideout on our roster or last couple rosters not fit into our system?

I love hamilton, and he plays fast, his forty time was like 4.6....We've all seen grahams Rivals highlight reel and if this guy wasnt a perfect fit for McFarlands system i don't know who would have been....so to say we dropped him because he didnt fit the system is ridiculus....thats simple a coverup to not drag out the laundry but, something obviously was a problem. But, with no other Div. 1 team signing him, the speculation still holds true that there was another issue, off field issues or grades.....

Either way, if he wasnt going to play dont mind freeing up the schollie, but, our offense would have been explosive with Franklin out wide across from Hamilton, and then Graham in the slot....not to mention either Catlett or Franklin (collin) at the Te and we already know our RB situation is tight going into the 2008 season.

Hope Carlson is the real deal, regardless, Carlson is a huge upgrade on special teams punt and kickoff returns....Still won't be surprised if we sign another Juco WR either Bowser or Dillard.

If we should be so lucky to replace Graham with say the 4* WR in town this weekend i would be much happier....Sedrick Johnson...

Not going to be surprised if not a lot of action is reported for the next week or two. With the rash of defections, IMO chizik is going to be keeping his players that are committed close to the vest and hope to retain a few of those that have left. I think at first when d-coordinator at KU left for Miami that we would put the full court press on for Marshall again....unfortunately, the guy who recruited marshall is in line to become the d-coordinator and that will keep marshall from us....too bad, he would have been the type of impact DE we need to help our defense immediately....

Recruiting is going to get hot, hope this cold weather didnt chase off our chances with any of the recruits in town.

Get'em Chiz.....

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Christian Graham (AlanAldaClone) & Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Would someone please explain to me how someone who's 6'-3" 215lbs 4.45 speed, great hands and overall awesome athletic ability - superior to any wideout on our roster or last couple rosters not fit into our system?
    I thought he couldn't make grades...

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He just didnt make grades when the staff wanted him to, so the replacement was Jason Carlson. Sedrick Johnson would be a good get, but i think he will stay with A&M

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    I thought he couldn't make grades...
    Superfan, thats what i thought but Alanaldaclone indicated that us over here are not informed and he didnt want to spill anything....but he said it wasnt grades it was "He didnt fit our system".....

Help is appreciated in figuring out how he didnt fit our system after he'd been recruited and visited and then committed to this staff for 5 months.....

thanks,
    K

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUclones33 View Post
    He just didnt make grades when the staff wanted him to, so the replacement was Jason Carlson. Sedrick Johnson would be a good get, but i think he will stay with A&M
    Clones33 - havent talked in a while.....

saw your post about Bo, i love to hear something like what you said about him....that just tells me he's gonna challenge people to get better, love him already....

I had thought about Graham that he was supposed to be a dec grad is that not true???

Always great to hear your insight 33!!!!

K

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Graham is a 23 year old sophomore, there must be some academic problem somewhere. With his age, this should be his 4th year of college. If that's the case, he would have only one year left to play Division I since they have a 5 year time limit for participation from the time the player enters college. That could explain why he is going to a Div II school since they don't have the 5 year rule.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,674
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    Graham is a 23 year old sophomore, there must be some academic problem somewhere. With his age, this should be his 4th year of college. If that's the case, he would have only one year left to play Division I since they have a 5 year time limit for participation from the time the player enters college. That could explain why he is going to a Div II school since they don't have the 5 year rule.
    Which could possibly explain why the coaches told him he didn't fit in our system.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Superfan, thats what i thought but Alanaldaclone indicated that us over here are not informed and he didnt want to spill anything....but he said it wasnt grades it was "He didnt fit our system".....

Help is appreciated in figuring out how he didnt fit our system after he'd been recruited and visited and then committed to this staff for 5 months.....

thanks,
    K
    I don't think that's what I said. I said the staff told him he didn't fit our needs anymore. I didn't say system. He had added value as a mid-year graduate. When he didn't graduate mid-year as promised, they passed on him. It wasn't grades, per se, because he is going to graduate, just not when the staff wanted him to.

From now on when you want to quote me, please make sure you're being accurate.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 109

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post

Did he take a missionary tour? - his first name....

Last edited by Wesley; 01-20-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Christian Graham & Recruiting

Yes, he was suppose to graduate in Dec. He was an academic risk otherwise i think the staff still would have taken a shot at him.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I doubt he "didn't fit into our system". I don't know for sure but since he didn't make it with grades the first time with Purdue, I'm guessing that would be the reason he is not going to make it again.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AlanAldaClone View Post
    I don't think that's what I said. I said the staff told him he didn't fit our needs anymore. I didn't say system. He had added value as a mid-year graduate. When he didn't graduate mid-year as promised, they passed on him. It wasn't grades, per se, because he is going to graduate, just not when the staff wanted him to.

From now on when you want to quote me, please make sure you're being accurate.
    Let me make sure i quote you EXACTLY right after this next quote then....

So what your saying is he didnt fit our needs....it wasnt he didnt fit our system.....ooopsss wow your neg attitude would be better suited for the instate rivals page or hawk nation.....

I know from past discussions by Chiz, that for offensive players he thinks its a requirement to be a mid-year transfer. Is this why when he didnt graduate because of lack of credit hours, failures, grades whatever that we lost interest - if so, makes perfect sense.

But, i gotta tell you, looking at your past posts, it appears all you do is cast negitive thoughts on everyone elses opinion, its getting a bit on the annoying side.....you assume your point of view is the only intelligent one on this message board!!!! This type of behavior is a characteristic of a Hawk Lover (except southernhawk) on here casting neg posts to everyone........either way, please remember, just because your a member of the "Higher Knowledge" people of CR, everyone on CR and CF are for the most part devoted clone fans and that my friend is all that truly matters, have some respect!!!!!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I know AlanAlda Clone is blowin off about how much he knows about this situation, but, Christian Graham has now committed to none other then Grand Valley State (Div. II)...

If he's going to Grand Valley State, apparently he doesn't fit into ANYBODY's system in D1.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I know from past discussions by Chiz, that for offensive players he thinks its a requirement to be a mid-year transfer.
    That can't be true because Carlson was not a mid year transfer.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Carlson also has 3 years left to play and Graham would have only had two.