Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1

Bret Meyer's growing

IMO the game against Texas was Bret's best performance to date as a Cyclone. Maybe not from a statistical standpoint but from a maturity and leadership standpoint he grew up by leaps and bounds. He looked very timid and unsure of himself in the first three games, but he stood tall in the face of relentless pressure and he tooks some major shots but kept getting right back up. I think we have only scratched the surface of his capabilities and after this game I believe we start to see his transformation into a truely elite quarterback and leader.

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by Covenant Clone; 09-28-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 631
    Given: 395

Re: Bret Meyer's growing

I agree. That was a game he could have folded but he did not. He will face the same intense pressure from Nebraska front four and Oklahoma, so it is up to the coaches to get the left side of the o line better fast. Adam Carriker and Jay Moore will have field days if we do not get a better blocking scheme in place. With a only a single setback, Stevie cannot block both charging ends split out wide at the same time. That means the famous qb draw only quicker?

Fact: Meyer has been sacked 11 times, including a career-high seven against Texas.

Comment: "Two or three times I've maybe hung on to the ball too long," said Meyer, who admitted being sorer than usual Sunday morning after being hit "almost every time I threw the ball.

"Mostly, I need to get rid of the ball quicker."

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 125

Re: Bret Meyer's growing

Our two scoring drives were the most impressive and creative I've seen Meyer, and I've been very pro-Bret. His Wallace-like scramble which lead to a deep completion to Flynn on the 1st scoring drive, and his shuffle pass to Walt were both great on-the-fly adjustments. If we had a better offensive line, I think Bret could be a potential Heisman candidate next year.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.