Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 783,166, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,010
    Points
    783,166
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 183

    Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    I heard from an Appleton source today that Ty is now planning on visiting Kansas in the near future. It's now a 3 team race (ISU & Kentucky as well).

    This thing is being strung out a lot longer than anybody expected. That usually doesn't turn out well for the little guy. In this case, that's Iowa State.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 16,324, Level: 38
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    isuarch80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,312
    Points
    16,324
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Thanks for the update Chris - that's too bad. Hopefully we can convince him that KU is flooded with talent and he'll have to really find a way to crack the lineup, where he can come in and be a part of the rotation immediately at ISU... we'll see I guess.


    Vitte, Dulcedo, Sipes

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I heard from an Appleton source today that Ty is now planning on visiting Kansas in the near future. It's now a 3 team race (ISU & Kentucky as well).

    This thing is being strung out a lot longer than anybody expected. That usually doesn't turn out well for the little guy. In this case, that's Iowa State.
    Do we have a backup plan that you're aware of?



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 13,916, Level: 35
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    827
    Points
    13,916
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by isuarch80 View Post
    Thanks for the update Chris - that's too bad. Hopefully we can convince him that KU is flooded with talent and he'll have to really find a way to crack the lineup, where he can come in and be a part of the rotation immediately at ISU... we'll see I guess.
    Problem is Kansas won't be flooded with talent at the gaurd spot next year.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 84,494, Level: 90
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,056
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,109
    Points
    84,494
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Isn't Kansas always flooded with talent?



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 48,344, Level: 67
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cy Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,597
    Points
    48,344
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 54

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    KU being down at any spot is like the Pats having issue at QB.


    Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 13,916, Level: 35
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    827
    Points
    13,916
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hard View Post
    KU being down at any spot is like the Pats having issue at QB.
    Brandon Rush a junior who won't be back.
    Russell Robinson a senior.
    Stewart a senior.
    Case a senior.

    That leaves Chalmers, Collins, and Reed in their gaurd court. I'd say they'll need help next year.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 84,494, Level: 90
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,056
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,109
    Points
    84,494
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by singsing View Post
    Brandon Rush a junior who won't be back.
    Russell Robinson a senior.
    Stewart a senior.
    Case a senior.

    That leaves Chalmers, Collins, and Reed in their gaurd court. I'd say they'll need help next year.
    They all could start at ISU right now. I'd lay all my credits on the line to say Kansas won't be left out in the cold looking for guards for next year.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 13,916, Level: 35
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    827
    Points
    13,916
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    They all could start at ISU right now. I'd lay all my credits on the line to say Kansas won't be left out in the cold looking for guards for next year.
    Yeah, but is KU going to play these guys every minute of every game next year. I'm just saying that KU has playing time next year. Plus, you never know if injuries will occur (Collins this year) and I don't think KU will settle with having lack of depth.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by singsing View Post
    Yeah, but is KU going to play these guys every minute of every game next year. I'm just saying that KU has playing time next year. Plus, you never know if injuries will occur (Collins this year) and I don't think KU will settle with having lack of depth.
    The difference is that KU is looking for depth, but ISU is looking for a starter.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    312
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Boy it sure seems like ISU is a search firm for other schools. ISU identifies the talent and the big boys swoop in.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 253,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,597
    Points
    253,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Why would he honestly be interested in Kansas? They already have a Juco swingman coming in in Little, Releford at the SG spot, and Collins will for sure get most of the minutes at the PG spot. With Chalmers, Reed, and Teahan in there as well there really won't be a whole lot of minutes available to him.




  13. #13
    Publisher
    Points: 783,166, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,010
    Points
    783,166
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 183

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Why would he honestly be interested in Kansas? They already have a Juco swingman coming in in Little, Releford at the SG spot, and Collins will for sure get most of the minutes at the PG spot. With Chalmers, Reed, and Teahan in there as well there really won't be a whole lot of minutes available to him.
    I agree, but put yourself in his shoes. He's one of the top JUCO prospects in the country and arguably the best team in the country wants you to play for them.

    Let's be honest. Bill Self isn't telling Tyrone "you'll be one of our top reserves." That's not how recruiting works.

    It's up to Appleton and his family to do enough research and figure out where he'll sit on the KU pecking order.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 8,692, Level: 27
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    rd4isu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    537
    Points
    8,692
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Put a fork in us...again. I second what kuney1 said.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Tyrone Appleton MBB Recruiting Note

    Quote Originally Posted by kuney1 View Post
    Boy it sure seems like ISU is a search firm for other schools. ISU identifies the talent and the big boys swoop in.
    We either get an early commitment (before jr. year) or they end up somewhere else. We need to figure out how to win some of these battles.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM