Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Why are you Mods so quick to lock down a thread?

I am speaking of the Nebraska thread. It is obviously the biggest home game of the year for ISU, its against Nebraska who we have had some very competitive games against as of late, it will provide the winner an inside track to the North Championship and it is our border rivals.

So why are we so quick to lock down a thread? Of course there is going to be some smack talk here and there, it happens when fans are passionate about somthing they love. I did not see anything getting out of line or offenseive in the last thread. I for one enjoy when fans from other schools frequent this site prior to a gameday Saturday and provide a disucssion and insight on their team.

I am not trying to call anyone out or anything like that, just simply asking why cant we have an intense discussion with fans of the opposing team without having to worry about a Mod locking things up?

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Re: Why are you Mods so quick to lock down a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Everything I said, it was backed up with either stats or links to stats, it was Iowa State fans who resorted to name calling ("Cornholers"), yet i'm the one warned for talking smack.

Numbers and stats speak for themself.

If Iowa State is going to want to run with the Big Dogs, you've got to accept being questioned and called out stuff, even if DSM sports radio doesn't have the balls to do so.

It's fact that Troy took Florida State and Georgia Tech deep into the 4th quarter, yet, you guys overlook that and naturally assume Troy as being a no named crappy opponent that Nebraska played last week.

How do Iowa State fans feel that Toledo took Iowa State into triple OT opening week and the following week, Toledo got blasted by a MAC opponent? An honest and fair question.
    A word to the wise: You better worry about beating Kansas (who Toledo beat a few weeks ago) - who beat your ***** 40-15 last year - before coming here and talking smack about Iowa State.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

I have been an Iowa State fan since I was old enough to take a **** on my own and Ive learned one thing-never get excited about a good thing. Isu is a decent team, we will not compete for a title anytime soon. I think its great that everybody gets excited about the season and I do to (probably more than anybody else) but Iowa State will never be amongst the ranks of Texas, USC, Notre Dame. The sooner everybody realizes that, the sooner you can deal with disappointment a little better.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Oh yeah, I can guarantee you one thing: IOWA STATE'S QUARTERBACK WILL HAVE MORE PASSING YARDS THAN THE PUNTER!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

I'll open the thread again. But if I see any more repeat posts like

"Cornhole glasses"
    And
    "Cyclown glasses"

You bet it won't stay open long. THAT'S why I locked the thread. Fanatic was supposed to be a place for intelligent discussion, and five year olds can dream that up.

When you bring up stats from the Nichols State game and compare that to ISU, it's ridiculous. It would be equally ridiculous for me to bring up your stats in the USC game and use that as a benchmark for how ISU is going to do against Nebraska. Frankly, I don't think we know much about Nebraska right now since they used a very conservative gameplan outside of what they usually do against the only good team they've played.

Apparently you haven't been reading any other posts as well, because most people don't feel very good about the way the team is playing AT ALL. In fact, personally, if we don't start playing better I think we're a 6-6 team at best. We got played to the wire by two teams in UNLV and Toledo that are not great teams by any means whatsoever. We got beat by Iowa and didn't play well in that game. We haven't scored a touchdown in the second half of any game this year. We are by no means even a good team in my mind right now.

Then again, you got killed by Kansas last year and they weren't nearly the team Nebraska was last year. And yes, I am aware Kansas beat ISU last year, I was there. But hey, Nebraska is far from infallable and it's pure homerism to act like that's the way it is.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 537

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I'll open the thread again. But if I see any more repeat posts like

"Cornhole glasses"
    And
    "Cyclown glasses"

You bet it won't stay open long. THAT'S why I locked the thread. Fanatic was supposed to be a place for intelligent discussion, and five year olds can dream that up.

When you bring up stats from the Nichols State game and compare that to ISU, it's ridiculous. It would be equally ridiculous for me to bring up your stats in the USC game and use that as a benchmark for how ISU is going to do against Nebraska. Frankly, I don't think we know much about Nebraska right now since they used a very conservative gameplan outside of what they usually do against the only good team they've played.

Apparently you haven't been reading any other posts as well, because most people don't feel very good about the way the team is playing AT ALL. In fact, personally, if we don't start playing better I think we're a 6-6 team at best. We got played to the wire by two teams in UNLV and Toledo that are not great teams by any means whatsoever. We got beat by Iowa and didn't play well in that game. We haven't scored a touchdown in the second half of any game this year. We are by no means even a good team in my mind right now.

Then again, you got killed by Kansas last year and they weren't nearly the team Nebraska was last year. And yes, I am aware Kansas beat ISU last year, I was there. But hey, Nebraska is far from infallable and it's pure homerism to act like that's the way it is.
    Kudos, Bryce.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 37

If you can't keep it civil, the thread will get locked.

So either...

A. Keep it civil

or

B. Threads get locked and some members will walk the plank.

Pretty simple. :)