Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Wesley's role??

Now I realize that he is playing the 2 but...he is 6'7"!!! I don't really know too many 2's that can handle him on the blocks. On a night like tonight when he wasn't shooting it to well from the outside I think he needs to take advantage of his size and go inside like Mike did! He took advantage of who was gaurding him and I think Wes CAN do the same. He has the advantage why not use it??

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Re: Wesley's role??

Quote Originally Posted by CrimedogClone View Post
    Now I realize that he is playing the 2 but...he is 6'7"!!! I don't really know too many 2's that can handle him on the blocks. On a night like tonight when he wasn't shooting it to well from the outside I think he needs to take advantage of his size and go inside like Mike did! He took advantage of who was gaurding him and I think Wes CAN do the same. He has the advantage why not use it??
    I agree. There were a few times when he was posted up on Tweety Carter and they didn't get him the ball. But they still should have gotten the ball to him more.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 623
    Given: 393

He seemed to be lost in the second half. Wes and Craig put us ahead the first half. Crag was it in the second half. Jiri was handcuffd Our guard were no threat to shoot.

Craig was 12 for 17 including 8 for 10 3s.
    Rest of the team: 13 for 45 and 0 for 10 in 3s.
    HMMMMM

Last edited by Wesley; 01-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

That is the big problem with this team. The other teams know that Brackins and Wes are the ONLY threats to score. We have no guard play, Diante is going to be good, he is just still raw, but the good news is he is looking better and better each time he goes out!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Starter
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan13 View Post
    I agree. There were a few times when he was posted up on Tweety Carter and they didn't get him the ball. But they still should have gotten the ball to him more.
    It has gotten a lot better as of late, but you can't count the number of times that someone has a good seal on a guy down low with an ample passing window and we either miss it or swing the ball the other way. Some games, it doesn't look like we can even complete a post entry.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bfross View Post
    It has gotten a lot better as of late, but you can't count the number of times that someone has a good seal on a guy down low with an ample passing window and we either miss it or swing the ball the other way. Some games, it doesn't look like we can even complete a post entry.
    I agree!

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    That is the big problem with this team. The other teams know that Brackins and Wes are the ONLY threats to score. We have no guard play, Diante is going to be good, he is just still raw, but the good news is he is looking better and better each time he goes out!
    I disagree with this, considering we have 4 players who avg in double figures and Craig and Wes aren't that far ahead of the other two.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

I disagree with this, considering we have 4 players who avg in double figures and Craig and Wes aren't that far ahead of the other two.
    Exactly, and we are a better team if Jiri is a presence down low and Rahshon is spotting up for threes and getting offensive rebounds.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Prospect
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My thing is that Wes had at least 4" on his man, and we know he can play on the blocks. I think if we cleared out for him he could be deadly shooting or hitting cutters when the double comes.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

I think the main problem was we were not moving around/moving towards the ball enough tonite and got into to much of a hurry when all we needed to do was look up and dribble (to many throw the ball 30ft and see if our guy comes up with it) and i think this is the reason we are talkin about wesley's role is because in the 2nd half we were to rushed and were not playing our style of ball..

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Everyone's talking about Jiri and Rahshon not doing much tonight, which I agree with, but Rahshon only shot 6 times and Jiri 8. Wes was 4-14 and Craig 12-17. With them taking that many shots and all the to's we had, they didn't have much chance to be an offensive factor. I think getting the ball into Jiri would have helped a lot!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

Everyone's talking about Jiri and Rahshon not doing much tonight, which I agree with, but Rahshon only shot 6 times and Jiri 8. Wes was 4-14 and Craig 12-17. With them taking that many shots and all the to's we had, they didn't have much chance to be an offensive factor. I think getting the ball into Jiri would have helped a lot!
    Again I agree (see, I'm reasonable!). There was a stretch there where we couldn't get past half court and into our offense at all. Jiri and Rahshon could have played better, but Jiri's 2 quick fouls maybe got him out of the flow of the game, and Rahshon just didn't seem to have the opportunity to shine tonight.

BTW, how's his ankle? I was wondering if this hampered his game offensively, especially on the offensive rebounds that he is usually excellent at.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    Again I agree (see, I'm reasonable!). There was a stretch there where we couldn't get past half court and into our offense at all. Jiri and Rahshon could have played better, but Jiri's 2 quick fouls maybe got him out of the flow of the game, and Rahshon just didn't seem to have the opportunity to shine tonight.

BTW, how's his ankle? I was wondering if this hampered his game offensively, especially on the offensive rebounds that he is usually excellent at.
    His ankle is swollen and sore. He should be ok by Wed. His offensive rebounding wasn't that great, but he still ended up with 6 rebounds.I think him chasing Jerrells around all game contributed to his being not as effective on the boards. That's another thing people have to realize about Rahshon, he has to expend so much of his energy guarding the other team's best player, so it makes it harder for him on the offensive end...Not that i'm bias or anything

Speechless
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 623
    Given: 393

I actually was surprised how many times Baylor guards were not contested around the rim as we were too slow to react in the scond half. When Baylor went on their big 22-6 run in the second half, our team looked tired.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 27

Baylor is very guard orientated which is or weakness. We knew this going into the game. The outcome should not be a surprise. There were good strides made as a team bt it also shows how far we need to go to be competitive. Good game by Brackins, however if we need to live on our 1 of our insdie presence guys shooting 3's all night we are in trouble for the season. He should be banging down low and every once in a while popping outside for the 3. Not living on the 3 point line.

Wes is playing a SG hi-brid role. I think he had more rebounds than anybody else. (I didnt check stats before I wrote this)

At any rate, we needed Jiri to show up in a big way and he got in foul trouble early against somebody he should of owned tonight. Not the output we needed from him.

Peterson looked completly outmatched. He looked timid. Scared to mess up. It has become evident that he is losing time to Garret and he doesn't want to make a mistake in fear of losing time. Hopefully it was just a bad game.

Haluska, .... looks like he isn't going to seeing much time if he is just going to be sitting on the 3 point line.. and then missing the shots he takes.

C Lee - Why wouldn't he get more time if we were going against a 3 guard lineup all night and getting burned by it. We need somebody out there to play some man up D. Especially with Rahshon's ankle getting tweeked.

Overall disappointed with the effort but hopefully this will be a good gauge for all the newcomers to realize what Big 12 bball is all about. Obviously Baylor is better than they have been in the past but they are still in the bottom half of Big 12. This should have been a win.

Off the subject, how long before other schools look at Drew for their openings?? Look at what he has done there! Taking a completely awful program, at it lowest point possible due to the murders and making them fairly respectable. I don't think he will be there much longer.

rant over.

'00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher