Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Whether or not you Love Nancy

Whether you like Nancy Clark or not, that article in the Des Moines Register on Sunday was priceless. There are so many Hawks who think that Iowa will definitely beat Ohio State. In Nancy's article she words it that Iowa fans should not be worried about the embarrassment of being beat by Ohio State and Michigan on National Television, but instead should worry about the embarrassment of Purdue and Minnesotta. There were a couple other jabs in there that made me laugh. Overall, it was definitely my favorite Nancy article. Monkey show the girl some love!

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: Whether or not you Love Nancy

That is good stuff. I think she is right. We are the highest quality win on their schedule, and an unbiased eye might say that we are a pretty low quality win at that. I think that the hawkeyes will have plenty to fret about towards the end of the season. Probably not as much as us, but they won't get out without at least three losses, maybe four.

The Portland, Oregon cyclone fan
    Class of 91

If life isn't fun, your doing it wrong.

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

Already heard the Squawk fans on Kotlar this morning talking how "#1 is going down!" and other priceless homer statements. As much as the national media has questioned Ohio State's defense after replacing all those NFL first day picks, I think it's safe to say their defense is still pretty damn good. Their defense iced the game this weekend with 2 defensive touchdowns in the 4th quarter and they STILL got no credit from the post-game guys saying that the score was not respresentative of how close the game really was. Some tickets for the game are going for as much as $1000, save your money and watch it on TV! I want to hear what the Squawk fans will say after a loss if it was really worth the money to watch.

I think Iowa fans are in for a rude awakening about how big of a gap there is between them and Ohio State. We've seen nothing spectacular so far to prove that Iowa is on the same level OSU is. Heck it took them awhile to get it going against a terrible Illini team this week and even then still did not dominate that game. For once I have to agree with Nancy (can't believe I am saying that!) forget about Michigan and OSU, every year someone they Hawks should beat nips them toward the end of the season.

One more interesting note, someone at work today mentioned how different the Big 10 could look next season with all the senior QB's in the conference this year.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

Prediction: Ohio State 37 - Iowa 14.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I would actually root for the Hawks...if it were not for such terrible experiences I have had with some of the black and gold legion.

I'll send a little note to Nancy....I am taken now and cannot get her hopes up again

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

Iowa thought they were a decent team last year but went to OSU and got DRILLED. They weren't even competitive. Not sure what makes them think they'll be competitive against them this year. Just because they're at Kinnick? OSU went down and destroyed Texas at their place, which is a far better team than Iowa, and a louder stadium as well.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrow View Post
    I would actually root for the Hawks...if it were not for such terrible experiences I have had with some of the black and gold legion.
    I feel the same way. Most teams on our schedule, I will root for when they aren't playing us. But not the hawkeyes. I have taken WAY too much keerap from their fans to ever root for that team.

Class of 91

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7

Here's an intriquing question...

If Iowa and Nebraska played each other who would you root for? I have a tough time leaning one way or another because both of their fans are annoying in different ways. I can't bring myself to root for Nebraska against anyone because of all the year's they ran the score up on teams plus their fans are just obsessed and go on suicide alert every time their beloved Huskers lose. On the flip side after all the BS you hear from Iowa fans I have a hard time rooting for them in that one too. Anyone have strong thoughts one way or the other on this?

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

For me, it's Nebraska, all the way. I always thought Nebraska fans were decent, although a bit obnoxious. Rarely mean spirited. Of course, my interactions with them were back in the late 80s early 90s when they would crush ISU so soundly that the game had little meaning. Except for one very special day back in November of 1992. I can't think of another time in my life where I was quite so intoxicated, yet remember everything so clearly.

It was my birthday, the year after I graduated. We did our usual routine, arrive at 6am, play tackle football in the grass parking lot before the game. Four plays to score, if you failed, shotgun a beer. Score and the defense has to shotgun one. By noon we were always pickled. At about 10, some NU fans joined the game, great fun. Iowa State dumped the 7th ranked huskers on their heads 19-10, and those NU fans came back to our tailgate. We drank with them for most of the day, and I thought they were gracious losers.

Can't say I ever had a similar experience with a hawkeye fan. Win or lose, those fans are always d i c k s.

Class of 91

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 642
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Definitely Huskers. At least NU has the tradition to back there arrogance. EIU fans act like they have this great storied tradition and everyone owes them something because they are the "hawkeyes." They have had something like (and don't quote me on this) 19 winning seasons in the last 45 (whatever the number it isn't anything special), great tradition. NU is one of the elite programs and they have unbelievable fan support, I can at least respect that.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

WHat if by rare chance they win? THen what will we say? THis thread is mentioned over on Hawkeye nation premium. Some posters have copied this thread and saved it. Who is willing to step up afterwards if Iowa wins and says that they were flat out wrong? Not me.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

Quote Originally Posted by flyhighcy View Post
    WHat if by rare chance they win? THen what will we say? THis thread is mentioned over on Hawkeye nation premium. Some posters have copied this thread and saved it. Who is willing to step up afterwards if Iowa wins and says that they were flat out wrong? Not me.
    Let them copy and save it, who cares? I'm sure there were PLENTY of threads over there that we could have copied and saved before the ISU/Iowa game from last year about how they were going to come to Jack Trice and just pound the bejesus out of us....how did that turn out for them?

If Iowa wins, hey, great job. If they don't, well, no big surprise. Much like it wasn't surprising that we got beat down in Texas.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

Good prediction Byrceman!!