Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: New Rankings . . .

I hope not too, but Rutgers is actually a good football team. I think we can beat them, but they're definitely not pushovers anymore. Kinda like UCONN. They're more than respectable too & can win any given Saturday. Rutgers deserves to be there & we don't (at this point)...

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Rookie
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 25

Rutgers could beat us right now the way we play 2nd halfs... till we figure out how to play in the 2nd half, we ain't gonna beat a lot of teams...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 357

Rutgers is having a great year. Until our o line plays better, we are relegated tp Shreveport. Sad with the talent at skill positions, but the o line can't block worth beans.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Hold on a second, the coach at Rutgers took over a program that had lost forever, and had awful facilities, and budget, and here he is 4-5 years later being successful. What a f^%$^%$ing concept, another program passes Dan by.
    And don't give me any talk about how bad the big east is, and it is, because the Big 12 is pretty bad itself.
    Oh wait, it's a flash in the pan, 5 years from now when Dan is still trudging along at 6-7 wins a year, Rutgers will have a down year, and we can hear about how the stability of our program outshines these programs that win 10 games in a season, but go back down to 5-6 a few years later, however brief their stay at mediocrity may be, due to the fact that their years of success led to a huge increase in donations to the program.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

ok wesley and darts180 I feel as if I have to come back at you over your last two comments. Wesley, yes, our o line did struggle to pass block against Texas but there aren't to many O lines that will have success against that team. Stevie was still able to average over 5 yds a carry. Plus there were numerous times where Stevie, who usually is a very solid blocker, missed a block allowing Meyer to get sacked. Other than that game our o line as given Meyer ample time.

And darts lets be honest Rutgers have played and beaten nobody. UNC, Illinois, Ohio, and Howard. Combined record of 4-11. The best team there might be Ohio who Mizzou just got done pushing around. So as much credit as the Rutgers coach should get, lets be honest they are not a Top 25 program and you need calm down on the Mac comparisons. Its a dumb arguement that really doesn't fly. And besides West Virginia and Louisville the big east is a joke. So don't say them going 9-3 in that conference is the same as ISU going 9-3 with their schedule. Rutgers are comparable to a Kansas and they will show just how good they are when they go down to South Florida and get beat this next week.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

So Rutgers gets ranked for the first time in my life and suddenly they've passed ISU by? Give me a break.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by darts180 View Post
    Hold on a second, the coach at Rutgers took over a program that had lost forever, and had awful facilities, and budget, and here he is 4-5 years later being successful. What a f^%$^%$ing concept, another program passes Dan by.
    And don't give me any talk about how bad the big east is, and it is, because the Big 12 is pretty bad itself.
    Oh wait, it's a flash in the pan, 5 years from now when Dan is still trudging along at 6-7 wins a year, Rutgers will have a down year, and we can hear about how the stability of our program outshines these programs that win 10 games in a season, but go back down to 5-6 a few years later, however brief their stay at mediocrity may be, due to the fact that their years of success led to a huge increase in donations to the program.
    Cracking the top 25 after beating 4 cupcakes constitutes "being successful"?

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 152

I wonder if it's possible for you to even have a rational thought. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU POST IS ABOUT FIRING MAC! Now I realize you don't like him but are you on this board to recruit everyone to your position or are you here to discuss Cyclone sports???

If you now believe that Rutgers is a better program then us after becoming ranked for the first time in a million years, then I will no longer be reading any more of your posts. Look at their schedule minus Louisville and WV. They could win 10 games and still be an average team.

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37

Darts, honestly, I'm sick of hearing you ***** and moan about ISU football. After your first 3000 posts hating on Mac, I think you made it clear that you don't like him. Give it up.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,345
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 100

You ever smell a raccoon that has been dead on the side of the road for 5 days is the hot summer sun. That's the kind of smell your posts are starting to develop.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 23

LOL they won 4 games, and now they're flying by ISU? Get a grip.

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

To be fair, Mac has had ISU ranked mid-season several times. Once much higher than 23rd. If Rutgers manages to finish at 23rd, then that coach accomplished something at Rutgers that Mac has not done. Although I guess ISU was ranked 25th in one of the two final polls in 2000.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 357

The good news is our skill players did not fold, just the o line. There is hope and it starts Saturday night.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

After 4 weeks of football a lot of teams still have not even gotten into the meat of their schedule. I remember in 2001? when we were ranked 9th in the country going to Oklahoma and things looked like we were really over the hump... somehow we ended up playing on a blue turf field to finish that season off.