Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Ten Points of Advice for the College Football Networks

After watching a Saturday of College football, and being sour over Iowa State's lose to Iowa I have developed the following adviced to the fine men and one lady who I listened/watched this 16th day of September:

1. If their is a sad story about a player (i.e. Klinkenburg's Dad's Passing Away), you don't have to mention it everytime that he makes a play. Were not idiots. Once or twice is enough. Everytime this player watches the game you will be their to remind him that his Dad just passed away.
    2. Do away with the sideline reporters. The single worse aspect of the broadcast is the sideline reporter. They ask stupid questions that everyone knows the answers to or just don't care. If someone is injured, simply report the injury. Their is no need to add that a teamate had the same injury 10 years ago in junior high.
    3. Anyone who has watched a college football game in the last three years know that a replay must have, "indesputable visual video evidence" to over turn a play. It doesn't need to be mentioned on every review.
    4. Do away with the excessive graphics. I wan't to see the score, time, quarter,down, and distance. Their is no need for noise or flashing touchdown accross the screen when someone scores. If I can see the touchdown on the screen, I would have also seen the player score and the ref throw his hands up.
    5. Know the story before you tell it. Nothing will make you look more foolish than telling a story that isn't accurate (It's Dan McCarney, not Don McCarney). Every fan of that team knows that you are wrong and will later post it on the message boards. Soon the chain raction will lead to the conclussion that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is likely accurate).
    6. Don't have two studio analyst pick winners for the game. Everyone knows that unless the game is a clear mis-match they are going to pick opposite teams so they can argue for five minutes.
    7. Avoid naming the weekend. I originally liked the rivialry weekend, but now every weekend has a term. There is Showdown Weekend, Seperation Weekend (Which makes no sence, it's week 3). It's great when ESPN names a weekend, the other networks have to name it something else or vice versa.
    8.Use one set of rankings. ESPN will only uses the coach's pole. Now I'm sure ESPN will tell you the coach's know best, and I'm sure that them being the title sponsor of the pole has nothing to do with it.
    9.Avoid excessive computer lines on the field. I like the line of scrimiage and first down line. That is all you need. You don't need to put the down and distance on the field, kicking percentages or third down conversion statistics.
    10. Cut down on the excessive statistics. I don't need to know that Coach A is 10-4 lifetime when playing at 11:00 when the game is on ESPN, and 4-11 when the 11:00 game is not on ESPN.

With these simple suggestions, the college football TV experience would be much more enjoyable. One more sugestion, Brent Mustburger must broadcast all of his games on OLN. I can't get OLN, making it the perfect spot for him.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 260

Re: Ten Points of Advice for the College Football Networks

And limit the number of AFLAC commercials.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,921
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 33

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthCy View Post
    8.Use one set of rankings. ESPN will only uses the coach's pole. Now I'm sure ESPN will tell you the coach's know best, and I'm sure that them being the title sponsor of the pole has nothing to do with it.

Actually ESPN no longer is a part of the Coaches' Poll. ESPN got angry when the coaches wouldn't release their votes and left the poll.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthCy View Post

After watching a Saturday of College football, and being sour over Iowa State's lose to Iowa I have developed the following adviced to the fine men and one lady who I listened/watched this 16th day of September:

1. If their is a sad story about a player (i.e. Klinkenburg's Dad's Passing Away), you don't have to mention it everytime that he makes a play. Were not idiots. Once or twice is enough. Everytime this player watches the game you will be their to remind him that his Dad just passed away.
    2. Do away with the sideline reporters. The single worse aspect of the broadcast is the sideline reporter. They ask stupid questions that everyone knows the answers to or just don't care. If someone is injured, simply report the injury. Their is no need to add that a teamate had the same injury 10 years ago in junior high.
    3. Anyone who has watched a college football game in the last three years know that a replay must have, "indesputable visual video evidence" to over turn a play. It doesn't need to be mentioned on every review.
    4. Do away with the excessive graphics. I wan't to see the score, time, quarter,down, and distance. Their is no need for noise or flashing touchdown accross the screen when someone scores. If I can see the touchdown on the screen, I would have also seen the player score and the ref throw his hands up.
    5. Know the story before you tell it. Nothing will make you look more foolish than telling a story that isn't accurate (It's Dan McCarney, not Don McCarney). Every fan of that team knows that you are wrong and will later post it on the message boards. Soon the chain raction will lead to the conclussion that you don't know what you are talking about (Which is likely accurate).
    6. Don't have two studio analyst pick winners for the game. Everyone knows that unless the game is a clear mis-match they are going to pick opposite teams so they can argue for five minutes.
    7. Avoid naming the weekend. I originally liked the rivialry weekend, but now every weekend has a term. There is Showdown Weekend, Seperation Weekend (Which makes no sence, it's week 3). It's great when ESPN names a weekend, the other networks have to name it something else or vice versa.
    9.Avoid excessive computer lines on the field. I like the line of scrimiage and first down line. That is all you need. You don't need to put the down and distance on the field, kicking percentages or third down conversion statistics.
    10. Cut down on the excessive statistics. I don't need to know that Coach A is 10-4 lifetime when playing at 11:00 when the game is on ESPN, and 4-11 when the 11:00 game is not on ESPN.

With these simple suggestions, the college football TV experience would be much more enjoyable. One more sugestion, Brent Mustburger must broadcast all of his games on OLN. I can't get OLN, making it the perfect spot for him.
    BRA-VO!!!

Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

Prospect
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by PlymothCy

Did anyone else notice that the ABC announcers said Mcartney during todays broadcast?

GO CLONES!!!!

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I heard it.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 613
    Given: 2,465

Quote Originally Posted by ISU Clone View Post
    Originally Posted by PlymothCy

Did anyone else notice that the ABC announcers said Mcartney during todays broadcast?
    I did think it was funny that they mentioned Meyer and Blythe being roommates about 15 times - as if it were the only little nugget of into about little ol' ISU that they had, so they were beating it to death.