Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

USC is the Greatest

Just ask the media. They are the best team in the country and should be in the BCS title game. One thing they lost 2 games. They knew what they had to do coming into the season to win a title and they didnt get it done, so dont tell me they have more talent that anyone else and should be in the title game. Talent alone doesnt win games.

Yes they have had a nice run and are a good team, but they only have 1 BCS title. Yes Pete Carroll is a good coach, but dont tell me he is the best football coach in the country. Last time I checked he did get ran out of the NFL. If he is such a great coach and if the talent on his team is as good as everyone says it is he should be winning BCS titles every year. Is it really that hard to recruit to The University of Spoiled Children? Hot rich women in sexy clothes, warm weather, and there is always something to do, who would turn that down.

Pete is a nice coach at a school where he is a fit at. He is not Superman, he does a good job and has fun coaching. I just wish the media would just think about what they were saying now and then.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,662
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

Re: USC is the Greatest

You should watch the Texas-USC game from the Rose Bowl a few years ago, you would like it.

P.S.- I agree

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 107

After the Reggie Bush thing came out and NOTHING happened to USC... it is simply impossible to like them or trust that they are NOT cheating. Sickening that they have all those resources and advantages, yet they most likely are cheating with it.

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 10

USC is a very good team and will be a force as long as PC is there. They are loaded with talent and now those talented players have a lot of experience, which is something they didn't have in certain areas this year.

They will play a big role in the NC picture next year.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 121

If they have 4 of the best pro prospect seniors in their starting defense, how come did they give up so many points? Carl Peterson working for them?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

USC is a very very talented team. They like to show-off, but sometimes get jacked in the jaw when they are not prepared (2 losses this year). I don't like them, but it's hard not to be jealous of all of their success. Yes, I do believe there is all kind of scandalous activity there and Pete Carroll knows about all of it. But who's going to stop them? The NCAA? Yeah right. USC is going to be a top 10 contender for a long time.

Starter
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Just ask the media. They are the best team in the country and should be in the BCS title game. One thing they lost 2 games. They knew what they had to do coming into the season to win a title and they didnt get it done, so dont tell me they have more talent that anyone else and should be in the title game. Talent alone doesnt win games.

Yes they have had a nice run and are a good team, but they only have 1 BCS title. Yes Pete Carroll is a good coach, but dont tell me he is the best football coach in the country. Last time I checked he did get ran out of the NFL. If he is such a great coach and if the talent on his team is as good as everyone says it is he should be winning BCS titles every year. Is it really that hard to recruit to The University of Spoiled Children? Hot rich women in sexy clothes, warm weather, and there is always something to do, who would turn that down.

Pete is a nice coach at a school where he is a fit at. He is not Superman, he does a good job and has fun coaching. I just wish the media would just think about what they were saying now and then.
    Just curious, who is the best coach in the country in your opinion? It must be someone located where the climate isn't favorable, the woman don't dress sexy, and there is nothing to do...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,662
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by MadCy View Post
    Just curious, who is the best coach in the country in your opinion? It must be someone located where the climate isn't favorable, the woman don't dress sexy, and there is nothing to do...
    Wisconsin?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 6

USC completely dominated an average Illinois team. The Illini contended with Missouri, and beat Ohio State on the road (and regardless of how down the BT is - that's impressive).

However, with as talented as they are, I'm actually kind of amazed they don't dominate inferior opponents more than they do. They completely embarrass good teams, but can't handle un-ranked teams.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Starter
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    USC completely dominated an average Illinois team. The Illini contended with Missouri, and beat Ohio State on the road (and regardless of how down the BT is - that's impressive).

However, with as talented as they are, I'm actually kind of amazed they don't dominate inferior opponents more than they do. They completely embarrass good teams, but can't handle un-ranked teams.
    aka stanford

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Just ask the media. They are the best team in the country and should be in the BCS title game. .
    You should've heard the radio announcers for ESPN radio! If I was a Illini fan I'd be calling ESPN Radio and complaining. The bias was sick!!

"The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by MadCy View Post
    Yes Pete is one of the best coaches in the college game and he uses what he has at USC to his advantage and there is nothing wrong with that. Compair him to college coaches all you want and yes he has done great things, but dont say he is better than all the NFL coaches. Yes he did go to the Super Bowl once, but Bill Parcells set up that team up for him. He didnt make it as an NFL coach and people forget that it seems. He is a good college coach, it is so hard to say who is the best coach at any level, so many things go into that.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Starter
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Wisconsin?
    That's a pretty crappy thing to say to someone you don't know.

All-Star
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I have lived in Southern California for 7+ years, so I suppose I'm as qualified as anyone on this board to provide some insight here.

USC was absolutely pounded by injuries this year, which contributed greatly to both of their losses (Stanford, @Oregon). True, they are incredibly deep with talent at nearly every position, but it's tough for any team to fill half their lineups with inexperienced players mid-season, in the heart of their BCS conference schedule.

The offense took the brunt of the injuries which is why they were not blowing out weaker teams this year.

Now that they are healthy, for the first time all season, they are finally firing on all cylinders and they look like the team that was ranked preseason #1.

As for Pete Carroll... I don't think anyone on this board, especially those 1500 miles away from campus, is qualified to evaluate him as a coach.

Here are a couple bits about PC that are common knowledge:

* He coaches and teaches with an amazing amount of passion and excitement, and his players love him for it. He's incredibly infectious. (Wow, that sounds like DMac...)
    * He promises recruits and players nothing, except a chance to compete for a job. He has zero sense of "this guy plays because he's a Senior, and that guy doesn't because he's a Freshman". The depth chart is reset every week, even during the season, which promotes incredible competition.
    * All of his practices are completely open to the public. VERY rare for a private university, not to mention an annual top-10 team.

I'm not qualified to judge either, but I like those things.

On Reggie Bush, the quick summary is:
    * It was failed attempt by some less-than-ethical individuals to start a sports marketing company, making Bush its first client. They gave gifts to his family to try and gain/bribe his loyalty, and when he didn't chose them to represent him, they got ****** and tried to extort him.
    * This certainly wasn't something that USC orchestrated. In fact, they are completely cooperating with the NCAA and the Pac-10, and have distanced themselves from Bush in several subtle ways (notice that Leinart has been on the sideline at the last two Rose Bowls, but no Bush?)

Blah... I'm tired of typing. I'm no USC fan, I just wanted to shed some "closer to the situation" light on the situation.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Alum_2000 View Post
    I have lived in Southern California for 7+ years, so I suppose I'm as qualified as anyone on this board to provide some insight here.

USC was absolutely pounded by injuries this year, which contributed greatly to both of their losses (Stanford, @Oregon). True, they are incredibly deep with talent at nearly every position, but it's tough for any team to fill half their lineups with inexperienced players mid-season, in the heart of their BCS conference schedule.

The offense took the brunt of the injuries which is why they were not blowing out weaker teams this year.

Now that they are healthy, for the first time all season, they are finally firing on all cylinders and they look like the team that was ranked preseason #1.

As for Pete Carroll... I don't think anyone on this board, especially those 1500 miles away from campus, is qualified to evaluate him as a coach.

Here are a couple bits about PC that are common knowledge:

* He coaches and teaches with an amazing amount of passion and excitement, and his players love him for it. He's incredibly infectious. (Wow, that sounds like DMac...)
    * He promises recruits and players nothing, except a chance to compete for a job. He has zero sense of "this guy plays because he's a Senior, and that guy doesn't because he's a Freshman". The depth chart is reset every week, even during the season, which promotes incredible competition.
    * All of his practices are completely open to the public. VERY rare for a private university, not to mention an annual top-10 team.

I'm not qualified to judge either, but I like those things.

On Reggie Bush, the quick summary is:
    * It was failed attempt by some less-than-ethical individuals to start a sports marketing company, making Bush its first client. They gave gifts to his family to try and gain/bribe his loyalty, and when he didn't chose them to represent him, they got ****** and tried to extort him.
    * This certainly wasn't something that USC orchestrated. In fact, they are completely cooperating with the NCAA and the Pac-10, and have distanced themselves from Bush in several subtle ways (notice that Leinart has been on the sideline at the last two Rose Bowls, but no Bush?)

Blah... I'm tired of typing. I'm no USC fan, I just wanted to shed some "closer to the situation" light on the situation.
    I agree with most of what you say here...but referencing McCarney when telling us why Carroll is such a great coach? Please!

USC has been a perennial top 5 team for nearly a decade and some wonder why they get so much attention? Frankly, they deserve it.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.