Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 211
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 51,689, Level: 70
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 861
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dahliaclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,479
    Points
    51,689
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 267

    You're the AD...

    You're in Pollard's position. What are your thoughts? What are you thinking? If I am the AD, knowing the contract of the current coach is extensive, it doesn't mean this game isn't an earmark for what the future holds. There is a LOT riding on keeping fans interested in Iowa State FB. A LOT. You cannot build that new south endzone knowing that a certain amount of fans are going to start becoming not interested on a regular basis. I would look at this season as two wins maximum based on what I saw today. I wouldn't do anything in terms of getting rid of Rhoads at the end of the season even if we went 0-12. But next year would be it. The team must win at least 7 games with what we have and anything less is it. And I realize that means a huge buyout but a string of crappy seasons just can't fly in this day and age and to keep donors and the fan base GROWING, a change would have to be made I think. Just curious what others would do if you're the AD.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 128,462, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,889
    Points
    128,462
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 1,803

    Re: You're the AD...

    Quote Originally Posted by dahliaclone View Post
    You're in Pollard's position. What are your thoughts? What are you thinking? If I am the AD, knowing the contract of the current coach is extensive, it doesn't mean this game isn't an earmark for what the future holds. There is a LOT riding on keeping fans interested in Iowa State FB. A LOT. You cannot build that new south endzone knowing that a certain amount of fans are going to start becoming not interested on a regular basis. I would look at this season as two wins maximum based on what I saw today. I wouldn't do anything in terms of getting rid of Rhoads at the end of the season even if we went 0-12. But next year would be it. The team must win at least 7 games with what we have and anything less is it. And I realize that means a huge buyout but a string of crappy seasons just can't fly in this day and age and to keep donors and the fan base GROWING, a change would have to be made I think. Just curious what others would do if you're the AD.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 21,613, Level: 44
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,366
    Points
    21,613
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 19

    Re: You're the AD...

    I'd shut down message boards and not reply to everybody's email.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 79,163, Level: 87
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,532
    Points
    79,163
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 2,985

    Re: You're the AD...

    I wouldn't fire anyone until the end of the season. Just see where this ends up. If we can somehow pull 4 or 5 wins out of this shipwreck then it's progress from last season, and it would make the decision a bit more difficult. If it's anywhere from 0-2 wins I cant see CPR staying any longer.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 900,019, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    59,862
    Points
    900,019
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,405
    Given: 3,589

    Re: You're the AD...

    Since I know that I don't have the money available to do anything, I probably make some calls or put feelers out to gauge the pulse of bigger donors and see if that money is potentially available.

    I also look at my pledge to raise ticket prices for next year and tremble at the drop in ticket sales that is coming without some kind of action on my part.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 15,309, Level: 37
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,195
    Points
    15,309
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 97

    Re: You're the AD...

    Why the **** didn't I hire Harbaugh..



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 308,259, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,204
    Points
    308,259
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,416
    Given: 2,578

    Re: You're the AD...

    If I was JP, I'd probably call the NDSU AD for some advice. "Look dude, we just paid you $350k to come down here and beat our ***. I'm not so good at hiring football coaches. Give me some help here."



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 30,435, Level: 53
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,537
    Points
    30,435
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: You're the AD...

    Quote Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
    Why the **** didn't I hire Harbaugh..
    and then dig thru the contract to see if there was anything in there that would disqualify him from his contract. get caught Petrinoing?? i don't know, outside of that.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 24,788, Level: 48
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    24,788
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,241
    Given: 602

    Re: You're the AD...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If I was JP, I'd probably call the NDSU AD for some advice. "Look dude, we just paid you $350k to come down here and beat our ***. I'm not so good at hiring football coaches. Give me some help here."
    Well - the guy who built that program is currently at Wyoming. I'm not really sure any longer - but I think we're still a better destination than them....



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 15,309, Level: 37
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,195
    Points
    15,309
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 97

    Re: You're the AD...

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    and then dig thru the contract to see if there was anything in there that would disqualify him from his contract. get caught Petrinoing?? i don't know, outside of that.
    wtf?



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 79,017, Level: 87
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,133
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,380
    Points
    79,017
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 542
    Given: 240

    Re: You're the AD...

    I'd hire the entire NDSU staff. Then we could actually be KSU.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 15,309, Level: 37
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,195
    Points
    15,309
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 97

    Re: You're the AD...

    So when is the last time ISU hired a head coach for football, that was a head coach at the collegiate level prior coming to ISU?

    Maybe Pollard should try that and see what happens..



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 47,785, Level: 67
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Points
    47,785
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 98

    Re: You're the AD...

    no I'm not



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,263, Level: 76
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    4,949
    Points
    60,263
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 456

    Re: You're the AD...

    Quote Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
    So when is the last time ISU hired a head coach for football, that was a head coach at the collegiate level prior coming to ISU?

    Maybe Pollard should try that and see what happens..
    Walden. A lot of people wanted a former head coach when Rhoads was hired. Thing is a lot of the top names that come to mind now are coordinators.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,457, Level: 70
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    4,626
    Points
    52,457
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 56

    Re: You're the AD...

    Well, things are so bad that the Iowa boards don't care enough to make fun of us. In most years they fear us.... not this year. Can we demote CPR to defensive coordinator and make Mangino our HC?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM