Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 243

Re: Hate to say I told ya so

Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    You are probably right Bryce I'm sure I am being an ***, but put yourself in my shoes. I've been saying these things for months, and all I heard in response was a bunch of BS like:

Addition by subtraction.... Manginious, Wally the Wizard.... Paul the master motivator...

Nothing concrete was ever discussed in retaliation. It was all hypothetical BS. All anyone had to do was look at last season, look at the roster, and then look at this season. It was that simple. There were very few Cyclone fans who wanted to look at things logically, and this "holy **** what just happened?" feeling is where that gets you. I apologize for being this blunt about it, but seriously you should all know better than to get sucked into such crap. Rhoads and JP put lipstick on a pig last offseason. The Mangino hire was the big sell this past offseason. All of it has been a big distraction from the fact, and the fact is the coaching staff isn't that good. Rhoads isn't a head coach at this level. He hasn't been able to get good enough talent to Ames in order to compete, and he's struggled mightily to develop the talent that he does have.

It's very frustrating from my perspective when I've been saying these things and not a single person wanted to hear it.
    As a veteran of message boards with about 10 years of experience, both as a legitimate poster and a troll I just wanted to quote this post so I could say I quoted one the funniest ******* posts ever in the history of message boards.

(The bolded section is especially hilarious.)

Last edited by Gunnerclone; 08-30-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    the poster formerly known as chamakhattack

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RubyClone View Post
    God iowa fans are *** holes..
    EXACTLY why we hate the Hoks!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 97

I'm trying to come up with a rebuttal, and I can't.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 151

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    Section110, you appeared to be correct about 2014 ISU fb on an anonymous message board. Definitely resume-worthy. You should proud.
    Thanks man I'll take it :)

"Crack a smile, drink it down, it's the cleanest around."

Yours Truly,

Ames Water

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 79

Hate to say I told ya so, but the truth is I did. Chances are the majority of you are too immature to handle it and eat crow like a real man would. I'll probably get banned for saying nothing more than what I've been saying the past few months. So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team. It's been going on for awhile now. JP and Rhoads have effectively pulled a blanket over a bunch of Cyclone fan's heads and a lot of you have allowed it to happen. That's the truth.

You guys wanna listen to Stormin, and Luth, and boyd, and Woody, and Curt Schroeder, and you wanna pretend like reality is something different than what it is. The truth is Rhoads is not the answer and talent just isn't there. The sooner it is accepted the better off it will be. When is basketball season?
    Speaking of basketball season, did you call out the delusion of your fellow hok fans that your team was a final four team?

Speaking of delusion, will you call out your fellow Hok fans that a January bowl doesn't necessarily mean you team is an "elite" team?

I'm sure you won't.

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 372
    Given: 336

You are probably right Bryce I'm sure I am being an ***, but put yourself in my shoes. I've been saying these things for months, and all I heard in response was a bunch of BS like:

Addition by subtraction.... Manginious, Wally the Wizard.... Paul the master motivator...

Nothing concrete was ever discussed in retaliation. It was all hypothetical BS. All anyone had to do was look at last season, look at the roster, and then look at this season. It was that simple. There were very few Cyclone fans who wanted to look at things logically, and this "holy **** what just happened?" feeling is where that gets you. I apologize for being this blunt about it, but seriously you should all know better than to get sucked into such crap. Rhoads and JP put lipstick on a pig last offseason. The Mangino hire was the big sell this past offseason. All of it has been a big distraction from the fact, and the fact is the coaching staff isn't that good. Rhoads isn't a head coach at this level. He hasn't been able to get good enough talent to Ames in order to compete, and he's struggled mightily to develop the talent that he does have.

It's very frustrating from my perspective when I've been saying these things and not a single person wanted to hear it.
    Because no one cares what you say. Can't believe you haven't picked up on it. Why would any ISU fan care what you think? You are irrelevant.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

Hate to say I told ya so, but the truth is I did. Chances are the majority of you are too immature to handle it and eat crow like a real man would. I'll probably get banned for saying nothing more than what I've been saying the past few months. So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team. It's been going on for awhile now. JP and Rhoads have effectively pulled a blanket over a bunch of Cyclone fan's heads and a lot of you have allowed it to happen. That's the truth.

You guys wanna listen to Stormin, and Luth, and boyd, and Woody, and Curt Schroeder, and you wanna pretend like reality is something different than what it is. The truth is Rhoads is not the answer and talent just isn't there. The sooner it is accepted the better off it will be. When is basketball season?
    why you S.O.B! I can't believe you pulled that card! You either are a Mensa member or you can see into the future and need to be a psychic to the stars! Bravo my friend Bravo!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Look at my post history and read the concerns I've had with this year's Cyclone team. Here's an abbreviated version:

- Trouble right down the middle of the defense starting up front at DT. NDSU exposed them today. Check.

- Inefficiency at QB. More of the same here. Check.

- Inconsistency on the OL. Same ol' same ol' ISU oline. Check.

You can make all the excuses that you want to make. If that makes you feel better congrats. It's the coach's job to build depth. Farniok is a senior. They should absolutely have better options behind him, but they don't and that is on the coaching staff. It is unacceptable for a B12 team to continue to get beat by teams from a level beneath them. At what point are those teams just simple more talented?

I feel like the guy who knows for a fact his best friend's girl is cheating on him, but he can't get him to believe it. Then he finds out for himself when he sees it himself, and I'm sitting back saying "hmm I'm sorry you had to go through that, but next time maybe you should use common sense because all the signs were right there in front of you and you chose not to believe them".
    Next we are going to hear that the cupboard is bare.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

Our football program is an embarrassment and to keep this head coach and donating hard earned money is ******* laughable.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    Because no one cares what you say. Can't believe you haven't picked up on it. Why would any ISU fan care what you think? You are irrelevant.
    You posted this on page friggin 5 of this loser's thread. Your post is fail worthy.

Eff that guy, eff this game. Let's Regroup and see how pathetic we look against a team in our own league.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    You posted this on page friggin 5 of this loser's thread. Your post is fail worthy.

Eff that guy, eff this game. Let's Regroup and see how pathetic we look against a team in our own league.
    Jeezus this is exactly what I was thinking on the way home today. I'm typically a sunshine pumper, but today there was very little if anything to bring any hope going into the rest of the schedule. Ugh!!

With that being said I won't stop donating or supporting. I probably won't cheer as hard as my throat already hurts. Might check out the cheerleaders/dance team more, but I will be there.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 151

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    Thanks for not caring ;)

"Crack a smile, drink it down, it's the cleanest around."

Yours Truly,

Ames Water

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Cyinthenorth View Post
    Bet you're glad the Hoks managed to slip past UNI today. A play or two is all that separates Iowa from being in the same boat as ISU right now
    This, it took the refs to give iowa the w. Good for them.

How is the op not banned yet? God I cannot wait until the carnival circuit kicks back in so he has something to do besides come to a site of a team that he doesn't care about to brag about needing the refs to beat a team that is worse than NDSU.

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 372
    Given: 336

Thanks for not caring ;)