Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 21

Re: Why delay the inevitable?

Boosters can't bail us out of cpr's contract. Even if attendance falls to half, that won't be enough either. There's just too many years of millions and millions of dollars in that damn contract

Walk On
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    Our talent is the same as it always have been. It isn't up to par with B12 teams but it never has been. It isn't a recruiting or talent issue. When have we ever had better athletes? You can improve our scheme, execution, and coaching. But our talent will always be what it is. Too many obstacles.
    Heck, if that's how it's gonna be, pull the plug on the football program then.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 854
    Given: 172

Quote Originally Posted by rochclone View Post
    With all due respect the talent is not there. The offensive line was a train wreck without Farniok. Q going down was huge as it took away our main weapon to stretch the field. E.J. Bibbs didn't work hard enough to get open or else he simply isn't that talented. And the QB looked lost for the last 3 quarters. If we really had that much talent it would have showed a bit more today.
    I get what your saying, but there are a lot of coaches out there who could of coached this group of players to a victory today. As I said, part of caching is motivating your guys. There was zero motivation out there after the first quarter. Players were obviously quitting. Thats a coaching problem, not a talent problem.

Prospect
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBorn View Post
    This post is for the folks who are rational. If you still think that it's not time for cpr to go, please don't read.

Why not fire cpr now and move Mangino to hc? Yes, I know Jamie gave him a dumb contract, but aren't there boosters out there who can help with the buy out?

It's obvious by the play today that the players are not on board. Fire him now and there maybe hope for at least one win this season. If Jamie keeps him on, it will be the worst season in all of modern cyclone football history.
    For being a rational post, this may be the most irrational thing I have read today. Let's fire him today so we can buy him out for millions and then hire Mangino for likely the same price. Unless we find oil in Iowa we will never have donors that can just throw millions to fire a coach. Iowa can't even afford to fire Ferentz if they wanted to and they are a much bigger and wealthier fan base.

As for the modern era, how far back do you go? Because I remember beating Baylor for the only win one year, I think in 1994 ISU lost every game to teams like Rice. Iowa State hasn't been successful against good competition since the 70s. Firing a coach that fills the stadium and people like is the most irrational freaking thing to do. We could hire Chizik back and pay him millions to be a dick and still lose. We could hire Dan back to keep losing to the UNIs and Texas's of the world. There has been very little success at Iowa State and firing a coach game is a complete joke.

Go Cyclones!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 21

Just get the feeling that CPR has lost the respect of his players. His motivational techniques - once exceptional - are no longer working.

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I get what your saying, but there are a lot of coaches out there who could of coached this group of players to a victory today. As I said, part of caching is motivating your guys. There was zero motivation out there after the first quarter. Players were obviously quitting. Thats a coaching problem, not a talent problem.
    A d-1a team has 85 scholarships to give out each year. A d-1aa team has 56 scholarships I think.

The point is, coaching should have never even been an issue when you play against an opponent who is a whole division below you.

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AltoonaFish View Post
    For being a rational post, this may be the most irrational thing I have read today. Let's fire him today so we can buy him out for millions and then hire Mangino for likely the same price. Unless we find oil in Iowa we will never have donors that can just throw millions to fire a coach. Iowa can't even afford to fire Ferentz if they wanted to and they are a much bigger and wealthier fan base.

As for the modern era, how far back do you go? Because I remember beating Baylor for the only win one year, I think in 1994 ISU lost every game to teams like Rice. Iowa State hasn't been successful against good competition since the 70s. Firing a coach that fills the stadium and people like is the most irrational freaking thing to do. We could hire Chizik back and pay him millions to be a dick and still lose. We could hire Dan back to keep losing to the UNIs and Texas's of the world. There has been very little success at Iowa State and firing a coach game is a complete joke.

Go Cyclones!
    I said don't read if you're not rational. Please go back and pretend you didn't read it.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 108

It was a carbon copy of the Tulsa bowl game. Lots of emotional energy that wears off quickly, instead of emotional toughness.

Prospect
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 9

I said don't read if you're not rational. Please go back and pretend you didn't read it.

I see what you did there. Your knee jerk reaction and emotions are making you think you are being rational. I think being rational means not being stupid and your thoughts may not have been stupid but definitely not well thought out and irrational.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,765
    Given: 1,485

Please forgive me as I am fuming mad right now, but do you honestly think the talent is there to even compete against big 12 teams?
    Plural "teams": probably not
    As long as Kansas is in the conference, the talent is there to compete with 1.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 156

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

Pro
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 65

If the rumors are true that I've heard in the last couple of days I'm not sure Rhoads can motivate this team. Talked to a couple people that are very connected to some players (Family and HS coaches) and it sounds like the a good portion of the team thinks CPR is an "all about me guy" and are sick of him. They are saying that this also was a part of why Mangino was put in the press box.

Take it for what it's worth but after seeing the demeanor of the team today it did nothing to make me second guess it.

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 3

Correct, but winning in major college football is 70% talent -30% coaching. In short, if you can't recruit, you can't win.
    So you are saying that NDSU had that much better talent? As far as I can tell Rhoads has not been that successfull at the development or the identification of the football players on his team. This is a sad day in Cyclone land.

Starter
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive7 days registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 294
    Given: 761

Y'all are acting like a bunch of hawkeyes right now.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89

Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    If the rumors are true that I've heard in the last couple of days I'm not sure Rhoads can motivate this team. Talked to a couple people that are very connected to some players (Family and HS coaches) and it sounds like the a good portion of the team thinks CPR is an "all about me guy" and are sick of him. They are saying that this also was a part of why Mangino was put in the press box.

Take it for what it's worth but after seeing the demeanor of the team today it did nothing to make me second guess it.
    I find this hard to believe but nothing would surprise me at this point. As for the argument of not enough $$ to buyout the contract. $$ can always be found. The SEZ took 40 years in part because there was no need for it up until a few years ago since we started selling out. Also, the fball program is now bringing in an additional $20-$25 mil a year MORE than what we had been bringing in.