Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 20

Re: Office Pranks

One of the engineers where I did my internship always had color pencils on his desk. Any time I walked by and he wasn't in his office, I'd go in and fracture the end so it looked normal but the color part would break off when he tried to use it. At the end of my internship, we all went out for drinks. I said that someone was going to have to take over my job of breaking this guy's pencils. He said that had been driving him nuts for months. He had told the office manager to order a different brand of color pencils.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 12

If I leave my computer unlocked and walk away, when I get back I will no longer be the "owner" of my Outlook Calendar, or when I restart my computer the next day I will have super-sized icons.

My coworkers will have the speed of their mouse changed and may find their screen at a 90 degree angle.

And the whole changing auto correct in word is a great college prank also. We liked to auto correct " Friends Name" to " Friends name is a ******* " . What makes it even better is if your friend isn't smart enough to fix it.

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 6

[QUOTE=CascadeClone;4146569]Three great ones here (I can't claim all the credit though):

1. Replaced all pictures of family on desk with printed out gifs of sheep. Subtle, yet so unsubtle. It actually took most of the day until he looked close enough to notice. You have to make sure the gifs are roughly the same color/hue/darkness as the original so your peripheral vision doesn't notice.

2. Stuffed marshmallows everywhere in office - drawers, file cabinet, all over. Real hassle to clean up, and he still found a few years later when he moved to different office.

3. If a guy is a hunt-and-peck typist -- physically switch a couple keys on the keyboard. Just pry them up with a pocket knife or similar. Hit the jackpot on this one, as we moved a key that was needed for his password, which is of course asterisked out and he couldn't see the problem. IT had to fix that one for him.

My wife has a co-worker who is a hok fan. I give him credit because he is an iowa grad and supports all the teams - not an obnoxious closet hok at all.

Anyway, we have several old keyboards sitting around and I am in the process of taking off the keys of them and spelling out IOWA STATE CYCLONES on one of the keyboards that looks similar to his, go in on a Saturday when she works, and he doesn't and replace it. Of course my wife will have the original in her office but will let him sweat it out for a while when this happens. Thought this up about six months ago. Have already got the o.k. from their boss, who just happens to be an Iowa State grad, and he loves the idea!

Cyclone fan since 1964 and proud of it!

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 196

Shoe polish around the ear piece of the phone is still a lot of fun. Especially on people who are on the phone a lot and switch ears from time to time. And clear tape over the ear piece to mute it is always worth a chuckle too.

Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 808

One time I took all the hole punch clippings and put them in a plastic cup. I taped a piece of string to the cup, put it in my buddy's overhead and then taped the other end to the overhead door. Simple but pretty hilarious.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 29

A few quick and easy one's I've done include: putting tape under the mouse laser so it doesn't work, changing desktop backgrounds/flipping screen direction, and plugging in a wireless mouse USB into the back of their computer.

I was pretty proud of this prank I pulled a few years ago on the last day of my internship. Bought one of those greeting cards that plays a song when you open it (I found the most obnoxious one, which played that "Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!" song). Took the switch out out the card and fixed it on the inside of the bathroom door. Made it so that it would play that song whenever somebody closed the bathroom door. Took my co-workers awhile to figure out where the noise was coming from, they were left impressed.