Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 100
  1. #76
    Speechless
    Points: 425,313, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    63,363
    Points
    425,313
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,225
    Given: 884

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    They're learning an entirely new offense.
    Still no excuses. Mangenious makes it simple and plays to strengths.How many years before we can count on our offense?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  2. #77
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,251, Level: 72
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,299
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,738
    Points
    54,251
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 126

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    I see they flipped Campos and Dunning. I see this as only being a good thing.


    Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 186,242, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,677
    Points
    186,242
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 832

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    @ROBWGRAY: Depth chart update: Aaron Wimberly is still the No. 1 KR, per ISU media relations, not DeVondrick Nealy.

    Hard for us to waste a chance to score or really move the ball like you can on a kick off. Any bit of help this offense can get, should be taken



  4. #79
    Legend
    Points: 169,018, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    13,592
    Points
    169,018
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,134
    Given: 1,408

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    This is crazy to me.... I get the need for the big play, but these 2 are our work-horses if we lose them, I have a lot of fear in any success this year....
    You are crazy. On a per play basis, the added utility of returns is greater than the unsubstantiated claim of an increase of injury.



  5. #80
    Addict
    Points: 83,499, Level: 89
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,227
    Points
    83,499
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342
    Given: 51

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Hard for us to waste a chance to score or really move the ball like you can on a kick off. Any bit of help this offense can get, should be taken
    Nealy and West each had returns for touchdowns last season. When is the last time we've had two guys with special teams touchdowns returning?

    Come to think of it, we had about as many big plays last year as we've had in the previous 5 put together. Bundrage had about 5 long TD grabs.

    Big plays = potential



  6. #81
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,276, Level: 57
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,638
    Points
    35,276
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 721
    Given: 404

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    This is crazy to me.... I get the need for the big play, but these 2 are our work-horses if we lose them, I have a lot of fear in any success this year....
    If you're banking on Wimberly being a workhorse, you are in for disappointment. We saw it last year - he's not big enough to absorb the punishment of 20-25 carries a game. His best chance to make an explosive play is when he gets the ball in space with room to make a move, not running straight into the teeth of a stacked box.



  7. #82
    Addict
    Points: 83,499, Level: 89
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,227
    Points
    83,499
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342
    Given: 51

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...de-starting-qb

    fwiw, ALABAMA still hasn't named a starting quarterback. 1 week until kickoff. Guess we aren't the worst at naming QB starters?



  8. #83
    Speechless
    Points: 350,256, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    20,049
    Points
    350,256
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 933
    Given: 120

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I don't believe anyone is truly freaking out but even Trey Scott admits that the JuCo guys were recruited to come in and start immediately. That is why everyone may be a little concerned about what 2014 could bring.
    He thought 4 JUCO guys were going to start on this defense. Both safeties, MLB and a DE. Now, I won't hold Moore against him because that was a weird deal and then Ayeni got hurt. He predicted that before Taylor was even on board as well. The thing he doesn't/didn't realize is there was really good talent recruited at those positions before he got here. Seeley and Meeks were both way better than he thought they would be and Mutcherson and Moya are way better than he ever gave credit for. I thought Harris had a chance to start but I didn't think Ayeni or Pierson would start right away because Morrissey was always starting and Meyers was pretty good toward the end of last year. I like what Trey does from a coverage standpoint and he does put in a lot of effort but he didn't give the existing freshmen and sophomores enough credit when he made the claims about those JUCO guys.

    This is about what I expected. I thought one of the DEs would make a push, and Taylor did but it's pretty hard to show up in August and start right away. I thought Harris would start and if you would have asked me what would happen if he didn't, I would say he won't play much. He's a like a Matt T(I don't remember how the rest goes) On a team with much better options at LBer. I thought Moore could maybe start but I had heard really good things about the guys that are there.


    It's all snark from here on out

  9. #84
    Rookie
    Points: 14,278, Level: 36
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Points
    14,278
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 74

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Jordan Harris and Qujuan Floyd were brought in to be impact JuCo transfers on the defense and they're both 3rd string at their position. Should we be worried about this? I hope this is a good sign for our prep guys rather than a knock on the JuCo guys.
    Tough to come in and play in a new system that quickly. Hope they come on as season goes along. If going to recruit jucos, they need to contribute. Because they take away from the size of the younger classes, once you start down the juco road, hard to go back. They both seem too good not to play, though.



  10. #85
    Speechless
    Points: 263,285, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,999
    Points
    263,285
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 0

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    He thought 4 JUCO guys were going to start on this defense. Both safeties, MLB and a DE. Now, I won't hold Moore against him because that was a weird deal and then Ayeni got hurt. He predicted that before Taylor was even on board as well. The thing he doesn't/didn't realize is there was really good talent recruited at those positions before he got here. Seeley and Meeks were both way better than he thought they would be and Mutcherson and Moya are way better than he ever gave credit for. I thought Harris had a chance to start but I didn't think Ayeni or Pierson would start right away because Morrissey was always starting and Meyers was pretty good toward the end of last year. I like what Trey does from a coverage standpoint and he does put in a lot of effort but he didn't give the existing freshmen and sophomores enough credit when he made the claims about those JUCO guys.

    This is about what I expected. I thought one of the DEs would make a push, and Taylor did but it's pretty hard to show up in August and start right away. I thought Harris would start and if you would have asked me what would happen if he didn't, I would say he won't play much. He's a like a Matt T(I don't remember how the rest goes) On a team with much better options at LBer. I thought Moore could maybe start but I had heard really good things about the guys that are there.
    We don't know if it's the juco guys not being as good as we thought, the young guys being better, or something else. It could be either way.



  11. #86
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,929, Level: 81
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 821
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,982
    Points
    68,929
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 0

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Jucos rarely come in and start game one, especially if they weren't early enrollees.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  12. #87
    All-Star
    Points: 23,341, Level: 46
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,051
    Points
    23,341
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 183

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by nickcyv View Post
    Trey is covering the ISU football beat like no one ever has. He is doing an incredible job regardless of where he is from.
    Strange timing but after I posted this Trey announced he will be moving on from AllCyclones.com. A loss to the Cyclone community IMO.



  13. #88
    Addict
    Points: 104,155, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,863
    Points
    104,155
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 689

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by nickcyv View Post
    Strange timing but after I posted this Trey announced he will be moving on from AllCyclones.com. A loss to the Cyclone community IMO.

    YOU BLEW IT!!!!



  14. #89
    Addict
    Points: 63,220, Level: 77
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,354
    Points
    63,220
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 172

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    This is crazy to me.... I get the need for the big play, but these 2 are our work-horses if we lose them, I have a lot of fear in any success this year....
    One of the very few things that was good on the ISU team last year was the KR unit, which means it was blocked well and coached well. Wimberly may be pushing to do this himself, as he is probably too small to be an NFL back, but might catch on as a return man. I like the idea on having guys that can make defenders miss and then have the speed to take it all the way, and Jarvis and Wimberly fit the bill the best.



  15. #90
    All-Star
    Points: 25,964, Level: 49
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Middle of the Midwest
    Posts
    1,697
    Points
    25,964
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 895

    Re: New Depth Chart - NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Also, I hadn't realized the holder is a JUCO walk-on deep snapper.

    That's ... unique.

    Here are the details on that --

    From the Ankeny Press Citizen



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM