Homes by Fleetwood
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 61,744, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,458
    Points
    61,744
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Homes by Fleetwood

    My wife and I are getting closer to buying a house in the Des Moines area. We have our eye on house built by Homes by Fleetwood. Anyone know anything about them? I can't seem to find much except for a small blurb on Iowa Realty's site. I know they are a small builder and tend to build and sell 4 or 5 homes per year.

    Construction quality seems good.

    If anyone has an opionon, first-hand knowledge, etc., I'd like to hear it.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  2. #2
    POOTMFS
    Points: 89,451, Level: 93
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,785
    Points
    89,451
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Try to contact Fleetwood and see if they'll give you names of previous buyers that would give a reference for their quality.
    Nothing's better than talking to someone who has already bought one of their homes.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 220,933, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,499
    Points
    220,933
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 455

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    You can go your own way. Go your own wayyyy.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 20,048, Level: 43
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    874
    Points
    20,048
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 28

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    My wife and I are getting closer to buying a house in the Des Moines area. We have our eye on house built by Homes by Fleetwood. Anyone know anything about them? I can't seem to find much except for a small blurb on Iowa Realty's site. I know they are a small builder and tend to build and sell 4 or 5 homes per year.

    Construction quality seems good.

    If anyone has an opionon, first-hand knowledge, etc., I'd like to hear it.

    Unless it is a different company (the small builder 4-5 homes would suggest it might be), Fleetwood's primary business is RVs and Manufactured housing. In a previous life they were a customer of mine. Only dealt with the RVs. Their higher end stuff was some of the best available, but they offered a range of product to meet every price point and the quality reflected the price.

    Fleetwood Enterprises



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 61,744, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,458
    Points
    61,744
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    Unless it is a different company (the small builder 4-5 homes would suggest it might be), Fleetwood's primary business is RVs and Manufactured housing. In a previous life they were a customer of mine. Only dealt with the RVs. Their higher end stuff was some of the best available, but they offered a range of product to meet every price point and the quality reflected the price.

    Fleetwood Enterprises
    Thats not the same company. Fleetwood is owned by a local business owner named Mark Reetz (sp?). I don't know much more than that. I hoping someone on here might own one of his homes and could comment.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 271,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Never heard of em. What type of price range are their houses??



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 61,744, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,458
    Points
    61,744
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Never heard of em. What type of price range are their houses??
    Here is there Iowa Realty Builder Profile:

    Iowa Realty -- Residential real estate in Des Moines and throughout Iowa

    Looks like most houses are in the 300-400 range although there is one home that is 200.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 271,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    In my experience, the builders that only do a few homes at a time offer a better product and higher quality. The builder of my home in Clive is Breckenridge. They only do a couple homes at a time tops. The quantity builders like Regency have alot of problems with their subcontractors and quality issues. My neighbor has a Regency house and he just figured out that his plumbing has been leaking within the walls of his house for the last 7 years. He had to gut a good portion of his home to fix the problems.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 271,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    I can also attest to the fact that Stephen Grubb homes are total crap. I lived in one of his townhomes when I was in my 20s in WDM. Brand new and the friggin pipes would freeze in the winter plus I also had a leaky roof.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 61,744, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,458
    Points
    61,744
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    I can also attest to the fact that Stephen Grubb homes are total crap. I lived in one of his townhomes when I was in my 20s in WDM. Brand new and the friggin pipes would freeze in the winter plus I also had a leaky roof.
    We have looked at one place by Newblood development. Newblood's builder is Eric Grubb. I'm sure there is a relation there. The house by newblood was nice and it currently our number 3 house on our list.

    Where you at in Clive (subdivision). That is where we have mostly been looking.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 734,534, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,970
    Points
    734,534
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,011

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    If you are looking in Ankeny at all, I would recommend Strahan Construction.



  12. #12
    Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Dave19642006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,853
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    be cautious on your slab thickness



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 271,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    We have looked at one place by Newblood development. Newblood's builder is Eric Grubb. I'm sure there is a relation there. The house by newblood was nice and it currently our number 3 house on our list.

    Where you at in Clive (subdivision). That is where we have mostly been looking.
    I live off 142nd street across from DM Golf. It's called Country Club Meadows or something like that. What I like about my location is on my Caul de Sac there are homes built by 6 different builders. Basically means your house doesn't look exactly like the neighbors.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 9,900, Level: 29
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CYCLONE STATE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    534
    Points
    9,900
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    If you are looking in Ankeny at all, I would recommend Strahan Construction.
    I'll second that.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 61,744, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,458
    Points
    61,744
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Re: Homes by Fleetwood

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    I live off 142nd street across from DM Golf. It's called Country Club Meadows or something like that. What I like about my location is on my Caul de Sac there are homes built by 6 different builders. Basically means your house doesn't look exactly like the neighbors.
    Cool. We have primarily looked at an area North of Hickman and off 152nd. It seems like a good mix of builders and the sub-division is nearly full so there won't be much construction activity. I think the subdivision names are Deer Ridge West, Stonegate, and wood creek.

    It seems to be hard to find an area where homes don't all look the same. Builder developments are much more common in Des Moines than in CO.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM