Braxton Miller OUT for season - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Pro
    Points: 30,784, Level: 53
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,279
    Points
    30,784
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 603
    Given: 319

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Congrats. It takes a special kind of pathetic to relish in a college athlete losing a season to injury.
    That's not at all how I meant it, but thank you for pointing out the poor phrasing. I should have had a second look before I posted it. I fixed it for you and your sensitive eyes.



  2. #32
    All-Star
    Points: 24,451, Level: 47
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,674
    Points
    24,451
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 61

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Their backups are a top 100 recruit and a kid that looks like Dante Culpepper 2.0, they'll be fine.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  3. #33
    Pro
    Points: 56,934, Level: 73
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,745
    Points
    56,934
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 4

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    That's not at all how I meant it, but thank you for pointing out the poor phrasing. I should have had a second look before I posted it. I fixed it for you and your sensitive eyes.
    I don't doubt that you didn't mean it that way. Just strikes me as a bit obscene when people let their fandom get in the way of simple decency. Heard plenty of ISU fans take pleasure when Stanzi wrecked his ankle against NW, and I'm sure plenty of bonehead Iowa fans would do the same at a Cyclone injury. Sad.

    My sensitive eyes are forever grateful.



  4. #34
    Pro
    Points: 34,531, Level: 57
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,462
    Points
    34,531
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 257

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Cant contain the funny...LOL.

    Sucks for the player...but Hillarious for the Big Ten.
    It's kind of sad that one player on one team goes down in the Big 10 and the whole conference's chances at the playoff go with him. How did it ever get that weak?



  5. #35
    Pro
    Points: 56,934, Level: 73
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,745
    Points
    56,934
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 4

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    It's kind of sad that one player on one team goes down in the Big 10 and the whole conference's chances at the playoff go with him. How did it ever get that weak?
    Because of course we can know that at this point. Funny, all the mocking of the B1G even though ISU would be just as much of a bottom dweller there as it is in the Big 12.



  6. #36
    Starter
    Points: 9,281, Level: 28
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    716
    Points
    9,281
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 204

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Feel horrible for Braxton, super bad luck, but it couldn't have happened to a better team.



  7. #37
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,610, Level: 97
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,745
    Points
    98,610
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 908
    Given: 221

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    You're awfully sensitive tonight Gonzo. Your namesake would be laughing.



  8. #38
    Pro
    Points: 56,934, Level: 73
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,745
    Points
    56,934
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 4

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    You're awfully sensitive tonight Gonzo. Your namesake would be laughing.
    You're probably right. Should get the .45 out and try taking out some crows off the back deck.



  9. #39
    Legend
    Points: 316,622, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,622
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 58

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Because of course we can know that at this point. Funny, all the mocking of the B1G even though ISU would be just as much of a bottom dweller there as it is in the Big 12.

    Ya probably big deal. Iowa would not be a top feeder in the Big 12 either, big whoop wanna fight about it? And the B10 has been a mockery for years adding sweet home games in IC against Rutgers and Maryland justify that.



  10. #40
    Pro
    Points: 34,531, Level: 57
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,462
    Points
    34,531
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 257

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Because of course we can know that at this point. Funny, all the mocking of the B1G even though ISU would be just as much of a bottom dweller there as it is in the Big 12.
    Maybe, maybe not. But for all the prestige that we're told Big 10 football has, it's on a pretty flimsy foundation if one player on one team goes down and all of a sudden the entire conference's strength of schedule is in question. Do you not agree? That's how it's being written about today by national media. Does that apply in any other conference? Pac 12, no. Big 12, no. SEC, definitely no. ACC, maybe you could make a case for Winston I guess.



  11. #41
    Pro
    Points: 56,934, Level: 73
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,745
    Points
    56,934
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 4

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But for all the prestige that we're told Big 10 football has, it's on a pretty flimsy foundation if one player on one team goes down and all of a sudden the entire conference's strength of schedule is in question. Do you not agree? That's how it's being written about today by national media. Does that apply in any other conference? Pac 12, no. Big 12, no. SEC, definitely no. ACC, maybe you could make a case for Winston I guess.
    It's preseason. People don't know *****. Obviously it's a popular storyline and narrative. Miller clearly was the best player in the conference heading into this season. But I don't get what you mean by all the prestige about B1G football. That's been waning for the past several years. The weakness of the B1G is way overplayed. We're lagging behind the SEC and the Big 12 and probably the Pac 12, but it's closer than most think. Last year Iowa was coming off a 4-8 season and everyone was picking them to finish last in their division, and they got 8 wins and finished 2nd in the division to an outstanding MSU team. Typical reactionary thinking from idiots who don't have a clue. If you think Braxton Miller is the only player in the B1G worth anything, or that OSU and Urban Meyer are ill equipped to adjust, I think you're kidding yourself.



  12. #42
    Addict
    Points: 66,826, Level: 80
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,211
    Points
    66,826
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 222

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    It's preseason. People don't know *****. Obviously it's a popular storyline and narrative. Miller clearly was the best player in the conference heading into this season. But I don't get what you mean by all the prestige about B1G football. That's been waning for the past several years. The weakness of the B1G is way overplayed. We're lagging behind the SEC and the Big 12 and probably the Pac 12, but it's closer than most think. Last year Iowa was coming off a 4-8 season and everyone was picking them to finish last in their division, and they got 8 wins and finished 2nd in the division to an outstanding MSU team. Typical reactionary thinking from idiots who don't have a clue. If you think Braxton Miller is the only player in the B1G worth anything, or that OSU and Urban Meyer are ill equipped to adjust, I think you're kidding yourself.

    That word needs to be changed to "decades".



  13. #43
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,037, Level: 15
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    340
    Points
    3,037
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 125

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    Ya probably big deal. Iowa would not be a top feeder in the Big 12 either, big whoop wanna fight about it? And the B10 has been a mockery for years adding sweet home games in IC against Rutgers and Maryland justify that.
    Yes, The little Big could have added some good teams, They care only about money.



  14. #44
    All-Star
    Points: 24,865, Level: 48
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ThurgoodMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    24,865
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 269

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    You're awfully sensitive tonight Gonzo. Your namesake would be laughing.
    My exact thought I was reading this thread. Man, I love that guy.



  15. #45
    Addict
    Points: 104,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,411
    Points
    104,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 173

    Re: Braxton Miller OUT for season

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    It's preseason. People don't know *****. Obviously it's a popular storyline and narrative. Miller clearly was the best player in the conference heading into this season. But I don't get what you mean by all the prestige about B1G football. That's been waning for the past several years. The weakness of the B1G is way overplayed. We're lagging behind the SEC and the Big 12 and probably the Pac 12, but it's closer than most think. Last year Iowa was coming off a 4-8 season and everyone was picking them to finish last in their division, and they got 8 wins and finished 2nd in the division to an outstanding MSU team. Typical reactionary thinking from idiots who don't have a clue. If you think Braxton Miller is the only player in the B1G worth anything, or that OSU and Urban Meyer are ill equipped to adjust, I think you're kidding yourself.
    In some ways though, couldn't the bolder be even more proof of a weaker Big10?

    Personally, whenever ISU finished tied for the North title, I still attribute it to a weak division, not a remarkably stronger team than expected. This may not be the case, but I would say over-all a lot o teams had a shot at 2nd place last year, but it wasn't because I felt any of them were overly strong teams.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM