Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 561

Re: Starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, the whole thing is an elaborate plot by Lanning and the coaches. Get rid of Sam in those first 3 games, let Baylor take out Grant, and there's only one choice left to make.........
    They would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling offensive linemen.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    They would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling offensive linemen.
    I believe that we showed last year that we know what to do about those linemen.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 204

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    Dunno I just thought one guy was a better runner and a little more consistent if healthy...but wasn't going to put up 4000 yards passing while the other had shown the potential to be a 4000 yard passer but was more of a mixed bag.

KSU and Iowa will be two tough games so whoever wins the job will do well to still be starting the 4th game of the year against Baylor. Baylor would also be a good spot to give Rohach the current backup a start if Richardson struggles merely because their D is soft and porous. But people got totally butthurt by me saying Rohach probably blew it and lost himself the job since he was far ahead entering the offseason since I guess anything that isn't overwhelmingly positive will illicit those type of responses.

If both guys are going to play this year they chose the right guy to beat the plucky 1AA using arm and feet and then play 2 tough rivalry games...which he could get dinged up a bit in.... and have the younger backup with the bigger arm healthy, confident, and ready to gun it out with Baylor... or possibly come in and be an upgrade against KSU or EIU. Again if both play a lot this year they made the right call with who to start first I think. (That will probably annoy some otehr peeps too since they will expect whoever is named starter to win the Heisman...)

I feel better about hammering the NDSU game for big money with Richardson hes been good against bad teams. Think I'll parlay that with Ohio State since Braxton Miller being out is addition by subtraction he blows and the line is way lower with a better QB.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by WhatchaGonnaDo View Post
    Consider yourself lucky....

There's just some things you can't unread.

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 126

Dunno I just thought one guy was a better runner and a little more consistent if healthy...but wasn't going to put up 4000 yards passing while the other had shown the potential to be a 4000 yard passer but was more of a mixed bag.

KSU and Iowa will be two tough games so whoever wins the job will do well to still be starting the 4th game of the year against Baylor. Baylor would also be a good spot to give Rohach the current backup a start if Richardson struggles merely because their D is soft and porous. But people got totally butthurt by me saying Rohach probably blew it and lost himself the job since he was far ahead entering the offseason since I guess anything that isn't overwhelmingly positive will illicit those type of responses.

If both guys are going to play this year they chose the right guy to beat the plucky 1AA using arm and feet and then play 2 tough rivalry games...which he could get dinged up a bit in.... and have the younger backup with the bigger arm healthy, confident, and ready to gun it out with Baylor... or possibly come in and be an upgrade against KSU or EIU. Again if both play a lot this year they made the right call with who to start first I think. (That will probably annoy some otehr peeps too since they will expect whoever is named starter to win the Heisman...)

I feel better about hammering the NDSU game for big money with Richardson hes been good against bad teams. Think I'll parlay that with Ohio State since Braxton Miller being out is addition by subtraction he blows and the line is way lower with a better QB.
    Wow where to start.... how about just a unified and resounding no. This entire fiasco was about making whichever qb that won the job more mentally tough. Mangino demands mental toughness. Sam's was suspect. So they dumped him on the depth chart and made him hit bottom to bring him back up. A tactic Mangino even brought up on his own in an interview.

Sam is miles better than Grant when he's healthy. If you can't see that from the tape then maybe you should sit the qb conversation out?

Starter
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 30

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Wow noone talks football all weird gifs and obnoxious comments. Would have liked someone to smack down my post with reasoning rather than just condescending BS.

Richardson should be solid. This isn't a good team. They needed a ton of luck and KSU being brutal to beat them. I guess Richardson is the safe bet to look better than Waters did that first game last year but I'd rather take the high ceiling guy.

ISU wants this game in the high 30s or 40s. If its lower scoring you are just letting an inferior opponent hang around and have a chance to beat you.

This is a game where ISU wants short drives and lots of scoring. If it was a Big 12 game you would want to run and milk the clock on offense. Not this game get in the end zone and send the D back out there Richardson is the better guy to win time of possession but thats irrelevant against a 1AA.

Legend
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 821

Richardson should be solid. This isn't a good team. They needed a ton of luck and KSU being brutal to beat them. I guess Richardson is the safe bet to look better than Waters did that first game last year but I'd rather take the high ceiling guy.
    That is Richardson.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 0

Grant might finish as a little better of a passer overall, but Sam isn't far behind him at all in the arm category, and his legs add a whole new dimension that Grant can't. Overall Sam has the higher ceiling. Lee-Campbell has the highest ceiling in both talent, and time to get better.

Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 13

I'm watching the Texas game from last season. Seems to me that Sam is a good QB for our situation ... he just needs to stay healthy.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 943
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 23

Wow noone talks football all weird gifs and obnoxious comments. Would have liked someone to smack down my post with reasoning rather than just condescending BS.

ISU wants this game in the high 30s or 40s. If its lower scoring you are just letting an inferior opponent hang around and have a chance to beat you.

This is a game where ISU wants short drives and lots of scoring. If it was a Big 12 game you would want to run and milk the clock on offense. Not this game get in the end zone and send the D back out there Richardson is the better guy to win time of possession but thats irrelevant against a 1AA.
    Stupid posts get stupid replies. See the connection to yours?

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    Stupid posts get stupid replies. See the connection to yours?

Yeah. Realized that way too many people have too much free time on their hands and refresh these forums constantly looking for a post they can jump on and call stupid so they feel smart.

See the connection?

Whatever I thought WVU game was enough to give the younger guy the job to start after he played that well and led the team to a tough road win. Guess to most they don't think Richardson played any part in some bad close losses where a couple more QB plays win the game.

I don't even think he stinks its just the T Tech, UNI, and Tulsa bowl game losses were due to him not playing well and straight up sucking. That to me is enough to stick with the guy who ended the season outgunning WVU on the road.

But again at least I talk football in my posts not just post a gif or call someone stupid.

I'll concede that I am less knowledgable than everyone because I question dumping the guy who won a couple games late in the year for a guy who has bucked badly under adversity. Guess Im stupid. At least I was smart enough to grab an extra 40 tickets to the Kansas State game on stubhub during the summer when they were only 20 bucks. Bet the folks smarter than me will be butthurt when they have to buy those tickets off stubhub from me for 5x that.

Im taking a break from this forum until basketball season take care everyone and go Clones lets bring that money home against NDSU very easy and soft line try and bet it before it jumps to -4 which it will!

All-Star
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 448

OK, I'll take the bait.

This is what you should have said:

"I think Grant would have been the better choice. He has a better arm, that would be better for games like our first three where the goal is to score quickly."

Now, everything is open to mockery on this site (you just have to accept that), so there still may have been dumb comments. However, if you had said that, it would have been a lot better than something that sounded all conspiracy theory, like the coaches sending Sam out knowing he will likely get hurt just to move in the "real" better QB 4 games in. Plus the comment about Baylor having a "porous defense."

Out of the blue, wild-*** theories and statements that are just factually wrong draw the big-time mockery, FYI.

(For the record, I think Sam was a fine choice and I trust Mangino to make the right choice.)