Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 136

Re: Starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with HIS OFFENSIVE LINE KEEPING HIM CLEAN.
    FIFY

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,646
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    @BobbyLaGesse: Accurraty was big for Richardson. Rhoads said he topped 70 percent completion percentage in scrimmages the last two Saturdays

Lol at Bobby
    I heard the ran nothing but bubble screens though.

I'm kidding I'm glad it's Sam. I'm excited to see what he can do healthy.

Knowing what we know now I'm pretty upset we kept trotting the guy out there last year.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrindingAway View Post

I'm kidding I'm glad it's Sam. I'm excited to see what he can do healthy.

Knowing what we know now I'm pretty upset we kept trotting the guy out there last year.

I hate the fact that he had to play hurt last year - however why is it so hard for so many to understand when Rhoads kept saying that Grant wasn't ready and Sam gave us the best chance to win.

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,646
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by DrClone View Post
    [/B]I hate the fact that he had to play hurt last year - however why is it so hard for so many to understand when Rhoads kept saying that Grant wasn't ready and Sam gave us the best chance to win.
    They sent him out there during games that Rohach played in.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 79

[QUOTE=GrindingAway;4136242]I heard the ran nothing but bubble screens though.

70% completion on bubble screens would still be a great improvement.

The thing that I liked the most about the CPR interview was the fact that Sam was hitting guys on the move and not making them stop, slow down or dive to make a catch. This is the biggest problem that I have seen with ISU QB play for the last 10 years. If you are going to try and make the short passing game work, the passes have to be delivered so the receiver is on the move and not a sitting target. Great leaping or diving catches are fun to watch, but an on target pass can be the difference between a 1-2 yard gain and a 15 yard gain.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 122

[QUOTE=CyCloned;4136479]

The thing that I liked the most about the CPR interview was the fact that Sam was hitting guys on the move and not making them stop, slow down or dive to make a catch. This is the biggest problem that I have seen with ISU QB play for the last 10 years. If you are going to try and make the short passing game work, the passes have to be delivered so the receiver is on the move and not a sitting target. Great leaping or diving catches are fun to watch, but an on target pass can be the difference between a 1-2 yard gain and a 15 yard gain.
    You sure are correct. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I always thought Sam was the best. If they had let them play in the Spring game. He would have broken many long runs and loosened things up.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 357

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    Steele Jantz?
    FacePalm.

We need hope going into the season, not a turnover machine until we get way behind in a game.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 357

[QUOTE=CyCloned;4136479]

Plus our receivers last year were terrible at making an athletic catch except for our tight ends. Unless you hit them in the bread basket, they did not catch the ball.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 23

[QUOTE=Wesley;4136634]
    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post

Plus our receivers last year were terrible at making an athletic catch except for our tight ends. Unless you hit them in the bread basket, they did not catch the ball.
    Hitting them on the hands didn't always mean a catch. Lot of drops last year.

Rookie
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    According to who? I'll never fully understand the "higher ceiling" argument.
    Dunno I just thought one guy was a better runner and a little more consistent if healthy...but wasn't going to put up 4000 yards passing while the other had shown the potential to be a 4000 yard passer but was more of a mixed bag.

KSU and Iowa will be two tough games so whoever wins the job will do well to still be starting the 4th game of the year against Baylor. Baylor would also be a good spot to give Rohach the current backup a start if Richardson struggles merely because their D is soft and porous. But people got totally butthurt by me saying Rohach probably blew it and lost himself the job since he was far ahead entering the offseason since I guess anything that isn't overwhelmingly positive will illicit those type of responses.

If both guys are going to play this year they chose the right guy to beat the plucky 1AA using arm and feet and then play 2 tough rivalry games...which he could get dinged up a bit in.... and have the younger backup with the bigger arm healthy, confident, and ready to gun it out with Baylor... or possibly come in and be an upgrade against KSU or EIU. Again if both play a lot this year they made the right call with who to start first I think. (That will probably annoy some otehr peeps too since they will expect whoever is named starter to win the Heisman...)

I feel better about hammering the NDSU game for big money with Richardson hes been good against bad teams. Think I'll parlay that with Ohio State since Braxton Miller being out is addition by subtraction he blows and the line is way lower with a better QB.

Last edited by SyracuseCyclone; 08-19-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 502

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    Dunno I just thought one guy was a better runner and a little more consistent if healthy...but wasn't going to put up 4000 yards passing while the other had shown the potential to be a 4000 yard passer but was more of a mixed bag.

KSU and Iowa will be two tough games so whoever wins the job will do well to still be starting the 4th game of the year against Baylor. Baylor would also be a good spot to give Rohach the current backup a start if Richardson struggles merely because their D is soft and porous. But people got totally butthurt by me saying Rohach probably blew it and lost himself the job since he was far ahead entering the offseason since I guess anything that isn't overwhelmingly positive will illicit those type of responses.

If both guys are going to play this year they chose the right guy to beat the plucky 1AA using arm and feet and then play 2 tough rivalry games...which he could get dinged up a bit in.... and have the younger backup with the bigger arm healthy, confident, and ready to gun it out with Baylor. Again if both play a lot this year they made the right call with who to start first I think. (That will probably annoy some otehr peeps too since they will expect whoever is named starter to win the Heisman...)

I feel better about hammering the NDSU game for big money with Richardson hes been good against bad teams. Think I'll parlay that with Ohio State since Braxton Miller being out is addition by subtraction he blows and the line is way lower with a better QB.
    I remember my first beer.

Legend
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 1,748

[QUOTE=CyCloned;4136479]
    Absolutely. However if a QB has a receiver in a lot of traffic a pass that leads the receiver to the turf and simply moves the chains can get the job done and build trust that this QB isn't going to get me killed. A QB that recognizes when to protect the receiver and when to set him up for the big play can keep receivers confidence up and help them not start to hear footsteps.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post

If both guys are going to play this year they chose the right guy to beat the plucky 1AA using arm and feet and then play 2 tough rivalry games...which he could get dinged up a bit in.... and have the younger backup with the bigger arm healthy, confident, and ready to gun it out with Baylor... or possibly come in and be an upgrade against KSU or EIU. Again if both play a lot this year they made the right call with who to start first I think. (That will probably annoy some otehr peeps too since they will expect whoever is named starter to win the Heisman...)

I just don't understand your logic. You are insinuating that the coaches are going to start, from your perspective, an inferior talent (Richardson) against NDSU because they expect him to get hurt? Then maybe plug in Rohach against tough teams like Iowas and KSU because he would be an "upgrade". Again, since Richardson should be hurt by game 4, then you can set up the younger back up (Rohach) against Baylor (#4 ranked Big 12 defense last year) who you claim has a "soft and porous" defense.

Dude...put down the bong.

Last edited by cuphues; 08-19-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 671

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    I remember my first beer.
    I don't think SyracuseCyclone will.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,870
    Given: 1,610

Quote Originally Posted by cuphues View Post
    I just don't understand your logic. You are insinuating that the coaches are going to start, from your perspective, an inferior talent (Richardson) against NDSU because they expect him to get hurt? Then maybe plug in Rohach against tough teams like Iowas and KSU because he would be an "upgrade". Again, since Richardson should be hurt by game 4, then you can set up the younger back up (Rohach) against Baylor (#4 ranked Big 12 defense last year) who you claim has a "soft and porous" defense.

Dude...put down the bong.
    He won't have to look over his shoulder because he'll be staring at the inside of an ambulance, I guess.
    Syracuse's idea has to be the first time I've seen that idea out there. Maybe Sam should be looking over his shoulder, just to watch his back.

Maybe, just maybe, the whole thing is an elaborate plot by Lanning and the coaches. Get rid of Sam in those first 3 games, let Baylor take out Grant, and there's only one choice left to make.........

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/