Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 118

Thread: Starting QB

  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 75,347, Level: 85
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,203
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    75,347
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 603

  2. #77
    Pro
    Points: 81,865, Level: 88
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,242
    Points
    81,865
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 1

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.



  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 306,429, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,099
    Points
    306,429
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,775
    Given: 2,079

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    I'm hoping that SR was way more hurt than we thought last year.
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.



  4. #79
    Speechless
    Points: 306,429, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,099
    Points
    306,429
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,775
    Given: 2,079

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    That stat is either really good or really bad for ISU.
    Or neither.



  5. #80
    Speechless
    Points: 306,429, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,099
    Points
    306,429
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,775
    Given: 2,079

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.
    Was he rubbing said neck when he reported this? 1:2 odds says he was.



  6. #81
    Starter
    Points: 17,846, Level: 40
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    734
    Points
    17,846
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 43

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.



  7. #82
    Speechless
    Points: 182,688, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    15,642
    Points
    182,688
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,858
    Given: 2,440

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.



  8. #83
    Pro
    Points: 42,001, Level: 63
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    42,001
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 30

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.
    sad but true.



  9. #84
    Pro
    Points: 27,850, Level: 51
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BWRhasnoAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,653
    Points
    27,850
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 703
    Given: 757

    Re: Starting QB

    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.



  10. #85
    Pro
    Points: 30,318, Level: 53
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,585
    Points
    30,318
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 544

    Re: Starting QB

    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?



  11. #86
    Legend
    Points: 202,033, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    13,498
    Points
    202,033
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 1,537

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyninety View Post
    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?
    Uh...what?


    Go Cyclones!

  12. #87
    Pro
    Points: 47,174, Level: 67
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,176
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Middle of the Midwest
    Posts
    2,612
    Points
    47,174
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 1,878

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by BWRhasnoAC View Post
    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.
    Bad thumb.

    Possible 4th injury = stitches in unknown location.



  13. #88
    All-Star
    Points: 26,147, Level: 49
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,803
    Points
    26,147
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 83

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    It would be hypocritical if Mangino had SR looking over his shoulder.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  14. #89
    Addict
    Points: 133,036, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CarlHungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,591
    Points
    133,036
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,841
    Given: 1,710

    Re: Starting QB

    Can't wait to see a healthy Richardson


    Favorite posters: I hate you all

  15. #90
    Addict
    Points: 35,489, Level: 58
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,589
    Points
    35,489
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,123
    Given: 749

    Re: Starting QB

    Steele Jantz?


    BDK
    Cyclone state
    "Some fans show up for big games, our fans show up for every game, Hoiberg said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM