Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 118

Thread: Starting QB

  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 62,550, Level: 77
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,046
    Points
    62,550
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 128

  2. #77
    Pro
    Points: 73,013, Level: 83
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,015
    Points
    73,013
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.



  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 255,638, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,623
    Points
    255,638
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 524
    Given: 472

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    I'm hoping that SR was way more hurt than we thought last year.
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.



  4. #79
    Speechless
    Points: 255,638, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,623
    Points
    255,638
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 524
    Given: 472

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    That stat is either really good or really bad for ISU.
    Or neither.



  5. #80
    Speechless
    Points: 255,638, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,623
    Points
    255,638
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 524
    Given: 472

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.
    Was he rubbing said neck when he reported this? 1:2 odds says he was.



  6. #81
    Rookie
    Points: 15,518, Level: 37
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    485
    Points
    15,518
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 13

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.



  7. #82
    Legend
    Points: 154,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,162
    Points
    154,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.



  8. #83
    Pro
    Points: 37,723, Level: 59
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,971
    Points
    37,723
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 22

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.
    sad but true.



  9. #84
    Rookie
    Points: 5,173, Level: 21
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    557
    Points
    5,173
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 95

    Re: Starting QB

    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.



  10. #85
    All-Star
    Points: 11,210, Level: 31
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,090
    Points
    11,210
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Re: Starting QB

    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?



  11. #86
    Legend
    Points: 179,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,811
    Points
    179,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 597

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyninety View Post
    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?
    Uh...what?




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  12. #87
    Starter
    Points: 22,585, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 965
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Crocker Township
    Posts
    859
    Points
    22,585
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 305

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by BWRhasnoAC View Post
    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.
    Bad thumb.

    Possible 4th injury = stitches in unknown location.



  13. #88
    All-Star
    Points: 24,211, Level: 47
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,546
    Points
    24,211
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 28

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    It would be hypocritical if Mangino had SR looking over his shoulder.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  14. #89
    Pro
    Points: 74,537, Level: 84
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    CarlHungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,276
    Points
    74,537
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 247

    Re: Starting QB

    Can't wait to see a healthy Richardson


    "Some programs don't want to win. It's okay."
    -Poster on hawkeye lounge after the hiring of Hoiberg

  15. #90
    All-Star
    Points: 11,336, Level: 32
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,742
    Points
    11,336
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 218

    Re: Starting QB

    Steele Jantz?


    BDK
    Cyclone state

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM