Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 118

Thread: Starting QB

  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 66,847, Level: 80
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,203
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,316
    Points
    66,847
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 414

  2. #77
    Pro
    Points: 77,073, Level: 86
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,277
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,115
    Points
    77,073
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.



  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 279,443, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,595
    Points
    279,443
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 1,510

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    I'm hoping that SR was way more hurt than we thought last year.
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.



  4. #79
    Speechless
    Points: 279,443, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,595
    Points
    279,443
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 1,510

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    That stat is either really good or really bad for ISU.
    Or neither.



  5. #80
    Speechless
    Points: 279,443, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,595
    Points
    279,443
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 1,510

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    also, randy peterson clarified that sam actually has a working neck and physically CAN look over his shoulder, he just doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.
    Was he rubbing said neck when he reported this? 1:2 odds says he was.



  6. #81
    Starter
    Points: 16,704, Level: 39
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    673
    Points
    16,704
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 38

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    I thought he was pretty hurt. If he was worse he'd be dead.
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.



  7. #82
    Legend
    Points: 177,417, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    14,311
    Points
    177,417
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,321
    Given: 1,703

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    He got hit by a car while on his moped when he was on his way to physical therapy. During one of the games he stitches still in his leg because of that. This dude is tough and I fully expect him to bounce back this year and have a solid year with Bundrage, his old HS teammate Montgomery, West, and Lazard.
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.



  8. #83
    Pro
    Points: 42,001, Level: 63
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    42,001
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 30

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Makes his Texas performance even more impressive. With all this talk of "upside", that game showed me Sam has a ton of it. A sophomore with only 6 games under his belt, injured, poor coaching, behind a bad offensive line, and throwing to a WR group that rarely helps the QB out. Almost all of these things can be be improved on, and Sam himself should be better physically and fundamentally.
    sad but true.



  9. #84
    All-Star
    Points: 18,117, Level: 41
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    BWRhasnoAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,543
    Points
    18,117
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342
    Given: 472

    Re: Starting QB

    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.



  10. #85
    All-Star
    Points: 19,712, Level: 42
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,879
    Points
    19,712
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 310

    Re: Starting QB

    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?



  11. #86
    Legend
    Points: 198,863, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    13,276
    Points
    198,863
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 1,247

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyninety View Post
    Is Grant too extreme for Iowa?
    Uh...what?




    "Cyclones on the run!"

    -John Walters


  12. #87
    All-Star
    Points: 29,707, Level: 52
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Middle of the Midwest
    Posts
    1,846
    Points
    29,707
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 1,100

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by BWRhasnoAC View Post
    Nothing against Grant, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief with this announcement. If you want to know how good Richardson CAN be when he is healthy, just look at this first game against Kansas and the Texas game last year.
    Sam had a bum ankle, bad neck, and a third injury which slips my mind. Here's to a healthy year.
    Bad thumb.

    Possible 4th injury = stitches in unknown location.



  13. #88
    All-Star
    Points: 25,234, Level: 48
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,762
    Points
    25,234
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 82

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Scott Reister ‏@scottreister 1m Rhoads says Sam Richardson is starter and won't have to look over shoulder
    It would be hypocritical if Mangino had SR looking over his shoulder.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  14. #89
    Addict
    Points: 111,899, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CarlHungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    5,358
    Points
    111,899
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,768
    Given: 1,124

    Re: Starting QB

    Can't wait to see a healthy Richardson


    "I haven't seen a better passer than Monte Morris"
    -Jay Bilas

  15. #90
    Addict
    Points: 34,786, Level: 57
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,589
    Points
    34,786
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,123
    Given: 749

    Re: Starting QB

    Steele Jantz?


    BDK
    Cyclone state
    "Some fans show up for big games, our fans show up for every game, Hoiberg said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM