Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Re: Over 40,000 season tickets sold

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Rhoads has had one bad season by Iowa State standards. We are not anywhere near the place where a bowl season is a bad season for Iowa State. It's just not.

Iowa State has won 9 games once, 8 games a couple of times, 7 games a couple of times and that's it. So 6 wins and a bowl game is a good season for Iowa State. If you can't accept that, then you need to rethink it.
    The issue here is that by now CPR was supposed to change this thinking.

I don't think it is impressive that season ticket sales are down 5%.

That said, fans have been stepping up huge over the years. The increase since JP took over is outstanding. Need to keep pushing ahead as a program.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 122

Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    Slim pickins left for season tickets. I just can't justify buying season tickets without having a full-time job, even if it's in section 2.
    Don't feel guilty. You are still a great fan and I hope you land a knockout job.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 377
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    What a great fan you are.
    Hes a Hawkeye fan. Look up posting history.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 45

Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    The issue here is that by now CPR was supposed to change this thinking.

I don't think it is impressive that season ticket sales are down 5%.

That said, fans have been stepping up huge over the years. The increase since JP took over is outstanding. Need to keep pushing ahead as a program.
    IMO, it is impressive. And we will sell some more season tickets this year. This is the second largest total of season tickets sold and the 3rd consecutive year of over 40,000 season tickets.

It is always going to be a challenge at Iowa State. But we are getting better. I predict that 2015 will be a breakout year both in record and attendance.

Starter
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    IMO, it is impressive. And we will sell some more season tickets this year. This is the second largest total of season tickets sold and the 3rd consecutive year of over 40,000 season tickets.

It is always going to be a challenge at Iowa State. But we are getting better. I predict that 2015 will be a breakout year both in record and attendance.
    I agree with both but a newish stadium will certainly help with 61k capacity.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 102

Quote Originally Posted by DFWClone View Post
    I know this is gonna sound bad but I like the 11 game for us. It allows me to watch the later good games during the day. I can get ISU's game out of the way in the morning because I feel obligated to watch it and then after our game, real football starts.
    This is part of why I really liked the Thursday night games that we had in recent years to start the season. We could really focus in on that night game as fans, with nothing else to think about.

I see you're getting flamed for this post, but hey, I'm a college football fan in general just as much as I'm a die hard Iowa State fan. The first weekend of college football I get nothing done. I camp out in front of the TV and watch games non-stop, and it doesn't matter who's playing. It's the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year. I stay at home as long as possible before leaving for JTS, and then I rush back home and catch back up with DVR recordings I've set of other games that intrigue me and then keep on watching the west coast games up to and past midnight. Most other Saturdays are this same way. Going to 11am games sucks, but it gets me home before the prime time games start up, so at least there is a positive that comes with the early kickoffs.

When Iowa State plays crappy football, I can't wait to get home and watch other teams play good football. I've only left a couple of home games early in the 10 years I've had season tickets. Otherwise, I've sat through the drubbings and embarrassments, as much as I can stomach, all in the hopes that we'll be really good someday so I can look back and say I'm not a fairweather fan. I am not a fan of any other team. I don't actively root for other teams when I'm watching on TV.

So, the others can flame all they want. But the fact is there are some people that are huge fans of football in general, in addition to being big time Iowa State fans.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    This is part of why I really liked the Thursday night games that we had in recent years to start the season. We could really focus in on that night game as fans, with nothing else to think about.

I see you're getting flamed for this post, but hey, I'm a college football fan in general just as much as I'm a die hard Iowa State fan. The first weekend of college football I get nothing done. I camp out in front of the TV and watch games non-stop, and it doesn't matter who's playing. It's the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year. I stay at home as long as possible before leaving for JTS, and then I rush back home and catch back up with DVR recordings I've set of other games that intrigue me and then keep on watching the west coast games up to and past midnight. Most other Saturdays are this same way. Going to 11am games sucks, but it gets me home before the prime time games start up, so at least there is a positive that comes with the early kickoffs.

When Iowa State plays crappy football, I can't wait to get home and watch other teams play good football. I've only left a couple of home games early in the 10 years I've had season tickets. Otherwise, I've sat through the drubbings and embarrassments, as much as I can stomach, all in the hopes that we'll be really good someday so I can look back and say I'm not a fairweather fan. I am not a fan of any other team. I don't actively root for other teams when I'm watching on TV.

So, the others can flame all they want. But the fact is there are some people that are huge fans of football in general, in addition to being big time Iowa State fans.
    For us we have over a 2 hour drive one way to Ames. We generally do a bit of tailgating before the game. Night time games are tough as it generally means a long ride home late at night. Plenty of deer to dodge on the way. Thursday night games are even worse.

If I have a preference it is an afternoon kickoff on Saturdays. Otherwise 11 am Saturdays. Otherwise Nights on Saturdays......but never in November as there is generallly a 20 to 30 degree swing in temperature from afternoon highs to night time temps. Not a fan of late November night games. Combines two things I hate. Late night drive during peak deer activity. Along with cold temperatures.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Sorry, guess I got trolled in.

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Cypwr View Post
    I think y'all have been in Texas too long.
    Don't associate us all with him. I have no idea what he is talking about. The word "obligated" nearly made me puke.

Husker Hater

Addict
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,711
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,198
    Given: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    WARNING: This was posted by DFWClone, not DFWCyclone who is one of our best fans and the one who does so much for us in Texas.
    Glad you pointed this out. I was super confused because that dude is just as much a die hard as the rest of us, if not more.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Lol. I go to iowa state right now, along with 15 of my relatives that also went. I've been a fan my entire life. Just because I don't enjoy watching crap football makes me a bad fan.

Legend
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 671

Lol. I go to iowa state right now, along with 15 of my relatives that also went. I've been a fan my entire life. Just because I don't enjoy watching crap football makes me a bad fan.
    You need to work on your "crap" football, "real" football, and 11:00 kick-off time theory. Is that why most of the Big 10 games traditionally kick-off at 11:00, while the Big 12 and ISU has more night games?

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Your comments sound like a Troll. And it is your comments and attitude that make you not really a Cyclone fan.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    You need to work on your "crap" football, "real" football, and 11:00 kick-off time theory. Is that why most of the Big 10 games traditionally kick-off at 11:00, while the Big 12 and ISU has more night games?
    Yes. That's exactly what I mean. Big12 is clearly better and doesn't have many 11am games. That's the point I was trying to make.

If I wasn't a cyclone fan, why would I come from Texas to go to ISU? And for those of you that don't believe that I go to ISU, I've bought and sold many tickets from people on here. Hell, I even bought some from cycloneErik.

Its sad that as soon as someone makes a statement y'all don't agree with, y'all automatically call them a hawk. I'm the furthest from a hawk.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Yes. That's exactly what I mean. Big12 is clearly better and doesn't have many 11am games. That's the point I was trying to make.

If I wasn't a cyclone fan, why would I come from Texas to go to ISU? And for those of you that don't believe that I go to ISU, I've bought and sold many tickets from people on here. Hell, I even bought some from cycloneErik.

Its sad that as soon as someone makes a statement y'all don't agree with, y'all automatically call them a hawk. I'm the furthest from a hawk.
    A true Cyclone fan never feels "obligated" to watch the Cyclones. Cyclone fans watch the Cyclones because they want to watch the Cyclones.

If you are just watching the Cyclones because you feel "obligated" then quit watching. Watch something else.