Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Calvin Johnson and Todd Blythe

We should use Todd Blythe exactly how Georgia Tech uses Calvin Johnson. They are virtually the exact same player but Tech uses him and we don't use Blythe. They send him deep on lots of plays and it opens up the field for the other players unlike our offense with him doing curls and outs which happen to almost never work for him. Reggie Ball and Bret Meyer are very alike QB's too both can run and pass except they run more rollouts which also opens up the field. If Georgia Tech can have their receivers do awesome and we have better ones then them why don't we start doing something like them and I would bet our offense would improve and the defense would be better because they wouldn't be on the field as much. What are your guy's thoughts on this?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 265

Re: Calvin Johnson and Todd Blythe

I would hope they line him up in different positions on the field also so mismatches occur with the 5-10 guys.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 78

I would just like to get him the ball period. Todd isn't a huge tackle-breaker so these 10 yard hook routes don't utilize what he is best at. Let him get in the open field and run. Through to him in the end zone from the 30 yard line in and let him go up and get it. He has proved he can do that over and over, why stop that?

Starter
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

I think Todd Blythe is an awesome receiver, and while I think there is some truth to what you say in that we could use him in a similar fashion to Calvin Johnson, I don't think he is quite the player that Calvin is. Calvin Johnson is one of the best receivers I have ever seen in college football. Not only is he bigger than Blythe at 6'5", 235 lbs., but he also has athleticism that Todd just doesn't have in that they report his 40 time as 4.4 and his vertical as 45". He runs a lot of different routes that Blythe doesn't do and can stretch the field vertically with his speed better, however they both do an excellent job of getting open even when the team brings extra help to stop them. Plus if you go to youtube and watch his highlight tapes showing the catch against Miami and the one against NC State, you will see he also has some of the best hands you are going to see. Right now he would be a lock to go top 5 in the NFL draft and could possibly move to number one.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=WzubFLkhkao"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

This isn't a thread to start an arugument over whose better, I think we could use him that way, but Reggie Ball has 592 yards on 45 of 88 passing and Meyer has 589 yards on 46 of 77 passing. Granted, Ball has more touchdown throws at 7 to 3, but overall they have 12 touchdowns to our 10 meaning we have punched it in on the ground more frequently, 7 to 5. Plus Calvin Johnson has 19 of their catches with 5 of their TDs, the next has 10 catches with 1 TD, and the next closest guy after that has 4 catches (granted they have 14 guys with at least 1 catch to our 7). So I am not sure how much more Blythe can get us out of our passing game, he would probably just end up with more of our touchdowns, but if that means we are winning, then I am all for it.