Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,013
    Given: 3,116

Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

Undefeated National Champs

Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Mainly because they are our biggest chance at a loss in the non-conference. I don't think we lose that and I don't see us losing to Arkansas at home. Maybe Arizona State in the November tourney, but I doubt it.
    I hope not. Arizona State lost Jahii Carson and will have a tough time replacing such a good player. My money is on Maryland beating them and us playing Maryland.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 595
    Given: 402

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    Most years I would say bring on the higher profile games. I think last season proved that if you have good veteran leadership on your team things can gel very quickly. And even if you do get burned with a couple losses, they don't hurt you so much in basketball and a good team would hopefully use the experience to do their damage in the Big 12 schedule.

That being said, I'm kind of ok with the weak schedule this year just do the McKay situation and the early suspensions for Thomas and Nader.

Addict
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 876
    Given: 589

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Was West Virginia a good team when they spanked ISU @West Virginia last year? And why would White have a problem carrying more of the scoring load? His offensive rating was 17 points better than Niang's last year. His eFG% was 7.5% better than Niang. He gets to the free throw line a ton and shoots very well from there. All reports from the offseason were that he performed well in the skills camps he attended. He's a senior with more than 100 games of experience under his belt. I don't see any reason (other than rivalry) to think he would not be able to handle more in his role next year. Heck, go look at Niang's stats from year one to year two. The additional load resulted in a lower offensive rating, lower eFg%, lower free throw rate, lower fg%, lower 3pt fg%, etc... No one seems to question whether Niang can be counted on to handle the larger role. And I only mentioned Nader because it sounded like you were knocking that kid's ability to be counted on to play basketball because he was immature and got a DUI, not because I though Nader would be unavailable for the Iowa game.
    I think it's very possible that his percentages drop some while overall ppg remains similar or even increases slightly. I'm not saying White isn't a great basketball player. Guys like Gessell, Uthoff, Woodbury have shown time and time again that they cannot be counted on on the offensive end. I think Iowa is decent, but only an NIT team. And yes, I understand bringing up WVU. I'm not saying we don't have the potential to go on the road and lose big, but it's very low likely hood. WVU had better scorers last year that were extremely hot that night.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Someone must have hit postpone updates on Wesley bot for 1 hour.

Recruit
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFine View Post
    We are limited in the sense that nobody wants to play in Hilton
    Yes, unfortuantely, it is probably even worse than when Johnny was here. It is real hard to schedule a good team to play in Hilton. They know the reputation of Hilton, and for most big name teams, they don't have the balls to come to Hilton. ISU is not ducking on Big name teams, they are ducking us. Fred specifially asked to play at Kentucky in the SEC challenge, and unfortunately, the conference gave that to Texas, so Fred clearly has no fear to play any team anywhere. We end up with South Carolina in New York mainly because they will not come to Hilton. Another alternative is to go the tournament route, and ISU just has not broken through to the elite status that gets you into the biggest tournaments, although ISU is banging real hard on the door.

Unless ISU can get some kind of deal to bring in a biggie like NC for a national game in Hilton and then a return to NC, it is going to be real tough to get quality teams into Hilton. If I was a big name team, I would prefer to go to KU and play then come to Hilton and play. KU is tough, but not impossible like Hilton.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 595
    Given: 402

Quote Originally Posted by cemarclone View Post
    Yes, unfortuantely, it is probably even worse than when Johnny was here. It is real hard to schedule a good team to play in Hilton. They know the reputation of Hilton, and for most big name teams, they don't have the balls to come to Hilton. ISU is not ducking on Big name teams, they are ducking us. Fred specifially asked to play at Kentucky in the SEC challenge, and unfortunately, the conference gave that to Texas, so Fred clearly has no fear to play any team anywhere. We end up with South Carolina in New York mainly because they will not come to Hilton. Another alternative is to go the tournament route, and ISU just has not broken through to the elite status that gets you into the biggest tournaments, although ISU is banging real hard on the door.

Unless ISU can get some kind of deal to bring in a biggie like NC for a national game in Hilton and then a return to NC, it is going to be real tough to get quality teams into Hilton. If I was a big name team, I would prefer to go to KU and play then come to Hilton and play. KU is tough, but not impossible like Hilton.
    I can homer with the best of them, but the reason team's go to Allen and not Hilton is because you are almost guaranteed that it will be a "good loss" against KU, whereas ISU does not yet have that prestigious reputation. It is not because the Hilton homecourt is feared that much more than Allen Fieldhouse.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You are aware of KU's record at home, right?

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We are going to lose a few along the way, but I could easily predict right now that the National Title game will be Iowa State against our nemisis, Kansas. I love the way Fred has his guys ready for the Dance, they are mentally prepared for the dance. What teams stand between ISU and the NT? KU, UK, UConn, Arizona, and possibly UT. If Uconn is the best the country can put up against us last year, I like our chances if we stay healthy.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

WV is in some real trouble with so many people leaving. Also, WV kicked out butts last year, so Fred and the team need no more motivation for that game.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 158

Trolling twocoach... I hope

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    Trolling twocoach... I hope
    I hope so. They have more big 12 championships than home losses in the last decade don't they?

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    Meh, playing Michigan last year was awesome, but the Big XII round robin is hard enough, and is a harder schedule than most other non Big XII teams play, so I'm fine with a lighter non-con schedule.

We obviously have the talent to go undefeated in the non-con, but I do think we drop a game somewhere. Gonna be a great season!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,329
    Given: 82

yall already know.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am very aware of KU's record at home. I know the beware the Phog. It is definitely one of the best places to play in college baskteball. But teams go in there and win. Heaven forbid, Iowa even went in there and one fairly easily. On the intimidation scale, I give it a 9.5. I give Hilton a 10 on that scale. The difference is that those KU fans paying 50K to sit in the lower bowl are a little more laid back than cyclone fans. Everyone in the business knows that Hilton can rattle your brain like no other arena. The magic is real.