Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,204
    Given: 1,826

Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    What was fluky about Iowa starting the second half with an 8-0 run and leading the rest of the game before winning by 9? It was the third loss in five games for ISU at the time so I wouldn't really see fluky as a good description. Iowa choking and losing last year @ISU was more fluky than ISU losing two years ago. Iowa is a good team this year and the game is @Iowa. It will be a very tough win if ISU can get it. By no means is it a gimme for Iowa; I just play the odds and pick most teams to lose on the road against good teams.
    The fluky part was Will Clyburn's total disappearing act, and Korie Lucious forgetting for quite a while that he had ever played basketball before.

And I also struggle to call Iowa a good team with the way they folded like a cheap suit last year, but I know that plenty disagree with me on that.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,321
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 769
    Given: 523

What was fluky about Iowa starting the second half with an 8-0 run and leading the rest of the game before winning by 9? It was the third loss in five games for ISU at the time so I wouldn't really see fluky as a good description. Iowa choking and losing last year @ISU was more fluky than ISU losing two years ago. Iowa is a good team this year and the game is @Iowa. It will be a very tough win if ISU can get it. By no means is it a gimme for Iowa; I just play the odds and pick most teams to lose on the road against good teams.
    I would say players like Lucious, Clyburn, and Ejim totally not showing up. Most of our team looked completely disinterested. Clyburn finishing with 0 points, Ejim having 5 and nearly turning the ball over as many times as Lucious' 7 turnovers. I don't see what was flukey about Iowa blowing a lead last year against a good team. They have been doing that every game for the past 2 years at least.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 415

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    The fluky part was Will Clyburn's total disappearing act, and Korie Lucious forgetting for quite a while that he had ever played basketball before. And I also struggle to call Iowa a good team with the way they folded like a cheap suit last year, but I know that plenty disagree with me on that.
    All valid points. Last year's end to the Iowa basketball season really was a dumpster fire that left a lot of people scratching their heads. But after watching Kansas lose to TCU a few years ago, sometimes I have to simply be OK with watching college kids completely forget how to play the game of basketball from time to time. Some may call it fluky; I just call it inevitable. Remembering my college aged years (at least what I CAN remember) it really doesn't surprise me when kids lose their minds for stretches of time.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 802
    Given: 9

My prediction for next year? We will be really ******* good.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 30

Why do you and a whole bunch of other people think Iowa will be a good team this year? Marble was a ridiculous scorer and was the reason Iowa would ever be able to put up 80 (which they rarely did to begin with). Now granted White had a monster of a game against us, but he's nothing great and we're bigger this season that he won't be able to have his way with us on the boards. Who is going to be Iowa's 18+ppg scorer without him? It's not like us, where we have proven talent (BDJ and Morris's progression) to come in and replace Kane and Ejim in the points category, since their bench was terrible. Iowa doesn't have a prolific scoring guard capable of replacing Marble. Jok was awful and can't stop drinking and driving a moped and getting caught for it, and Clemmons is a pass-first guy. Gessell is not that good and can't even hit a free throw in the final minutes of an important game. I thought Iowa was only overrated in football, but based on what a lot of people have been saying about last year and this year, they're just as overrated in basketball as well. Even with this being in Iowa City, I still don't think it's going to be that close of a game. ISU by 12.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Why do you and a whole bunch of other people think Iowa will be a good team this year? Marble was a ridiculous scorer and was the reason Iowa would ever be able to put up 80 (which they rarely did to begin with). Now granted White had a monster of a game against us, but he's nothing great and we're bigger this season that he won't be able to have his way with us on the boards. Who is going to be Iowa's 18+ppg scorer without him? It's not like us, where we have proven talent (BDJ and Morris's progression) to come in and replace Kane and Ejim in the points category, since their bench was terrible. Iowa doesn't have a prolific scoring guard capable of replacing Marble. Jok was awful and can't stop drinking and driving a moped and getting caught for it, and Clemmons is a pass-first guy. Gessell is not that good and can't even hit a free throw in the final minutes of an important game. I thought Iowa was only overrated in football, but based on what a lot of people have been saying about last year and this year, they're just as overrated in basketball as well. Even with this being in Iowa City, I still don't think it's going to be that close of a game. ISU by 12.
    They lose Marble; ISU loses Ejim and Kane. Is ISU the only team that can successfully replace a good player? As for Jok, has Nader's suspension length been announced yet? Look, I wouldn't be surprised to see ISU win that game at all. I think ISU is the more talented team but a road game against a good team is not always won by the most talented team. ISU was more talented than most of the teams they lost to on the road last year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,136
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,262
    Given: 503

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    I would say players like Lucious, Clyburn, and Ejim totally not showing up. Most of our team looked completely disinterested. Clyburn finishing with 0 points, Ejim having 5 and nearly turning the ball over as many times as Lucious' 7 turnovers. I don't see what was flukey about Iowa blowing a lead last year against a good team. They have been doing that every game for the past 2 years at least.
    And Georges Niang then is nothing compared to Georges Niang now.

"Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

They lose Marble; ISU loses Ejim and Kane. Is ISU the only team that can successfully replace a good player? As for Jok, has Nader's suspension length been announced yet? Look, I wouldn't be surprised to see ISU win that game at all. I think ISU is the more talented team but a road game against a good team is not always won by the most talented team. ISU was more talented than most of the teams they lost to on the road last year.
    Look at who Iowa is bringing in. They have nobody to come even close to replacing Marbles production. Also, it isn't going to bode well for Iowa if Aaron White is going to be thrown into a main scoring roll. Also, no way Nader is suspended by game 8 or 9 into the season. He will be suspended 3 games tops along with Thomas.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 404

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    Looks like we never leave the state till 10 Jan.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,051
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 96

There is entirely too much Iowa discussion in this thread.

We have a great shot to be really good once again. Hopefully we can finish in the top 3 of the Big 12 and avoid any WTF road losses. It'd be great to find a way to pick up a win or two on the road against the other marquee teams in the conference -- @ KU, @ UT, @ OU, @ KSU, @ OSU.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to defend the Big 12 tournament title and get a nice seed in the dance, preferably somewhere other than our opponent's backyard, for a change.

Worth noting that if we go dancing again this year, it will the fourth year in a row, which would be a school record.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    We travel to Kansas City in November.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Look at who Iowa is bringing in. They have nobody to come even close to replacing Marbles production. Also, it isn't going to bode well for Iowa if Aaron White is going to be thrown into a main scoring roll. Also, no way Nader is suspended by game 8 or 9 into the season. He will be suspended 3 games tops along with Thomas.
    Was West Virginia a good team when they spanked ISU @West Virginia last year? And why would White have a problem carrying more of the scoring load? His offensive rating was 17 points better than Niang's last year. His eFG% was 7.5% better than Niang. He gets to the free throw line a ton and shoots very well from there. All reports from the offseason were that he performed well in the skills camps he attended. He's a senior with more than 100 games of experience under his belt. I don't see any reason (other than rivalry) to think he would not be able to handle more in his role next year. Heck, go look at Niang's stats from year one to year two. The additional load resulted in a lower offensive rating, lower eFg%, lower free throw rate, lower fg%, lower 3pt fg%, etc... No one seems to question whether Niang can be counted on to handle the larger role. And I only mentioned Nader because it sounded like you were knocking that kid's ability to be counted on to play basketball because he was immature and got a DUI, not because I though Nader would be unavailable for the Iowa game.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tejasclone View Post
    There is entirely too much Iowa discussion in this thread.

We have a great shot to be really good once again. Hopefully we can finish in the top 3 of the Big 12 and avoid any WTF road losses. It'd be great to find a way to pick up a win or two on the road against the other marquee teams in the conference -- @ KU, @ UT, @ OU, @ KSU, @ OSU.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to defend the Big 12 tournament title and get a nice seed in the dance, preferably somewhere other than our opponent's backyard, for a change.

Worth noting that if we go dancing again this year, it will the fourth year in a row, which would be a school record.
    Mainly because they are our biggest chance at a loss in the non-conference. I don't think we lose that and I don't see us losing to Arkansas at home. Maybe Arizona State in the November tourney, but I doubt it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 301

Except for those 2 games in KC and 1 in Brooklyn.

Legend
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,103
    Given: 1,058

Run Reconfigure Wesleybot GPS.exe

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.