Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 213
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 51,106, Level: 69
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    2,374
    Points
    51,106
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 87

    New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Now that our full schedule is out, it's time for game-by-game predictions (no, tucotroll, we aren't asking you for a game-by-game prediction of how Kansas will do). I'll start:

    11/14 Oakland - W (1-0, 0-0)
    11/17 Georgia State - W (2-0, 0-0)
    11/24 Alabama - W (3-0, 0-0)
    11/25 Arizona State/Maryland - W (4-0, 0-0)
    12/2 Lamar - W (5-0, 0-0)
    12/4 Arkansas - W (6-0, 0-0)
    12/9 UMKC - W (7-0, 0-0)
    12/12 @Iowa - W (I know a lot of you will disagree, but Iowa isn't good this year without Marble) (8-0, 0-0)
    12/14 Southern - W (9-0, 0-0)
    12/20 Drake - W (10-0, 0-0)
    12/31 Mississippi Valley State - W (11-0, 0-0)
    1/3 South Carolina - W (12-0, 0-0) This game will be tougher than a lot of people think with the huge class Martin has brought in, but should still be a 10-15 point victory
    1/6 Okie State - W (13-0, 1-0)
    1/10 @WVU - W (14-0, 2-0) We learned our lesson last year and shut up Morgantown after getting embarrassed last year
    1/14 @Baylor - W (15-0, 3-0)
    1/17 Kansas - W (16-0, 4-0)
    1/20 Kansas State - W (17-0, 5-0)
    1/24 @Texas Tech - W (18-0, 6-0)
    1/26 Texas - W (19-0, 7-0)
    1/31 TCU - W (20-0, 8-0)
    2/2 @Kansas - L (20-1, 8-1)
    2/7 Texas Tech - W (21-1, 9-1)
    2/9 @Oklahoma - L (21-2, 9-2)
    2/14 WVU - W (22-2, 10-2)
    2/18 @Okie State - W (23-2, 11-2)
    2/21 @Texas - L (23-3, 11-3)
    2/25 Baylor - W (24-3, 12-3)
    2/28 @Kansas State - W (25-3, 13-3)
    3/2 Oklahoma - W (26-3, 14-3)
    3/7 TCU - W (27-3, 15-3)
    Big 12 Tourney - 1 Seed
    QF - Baylor - W (28-3, 16-3)
    Semi - Kansas State - W (29-3, 17-3)
    Finals - Kansas - L (29-4, 17-4)
    We wind up a 2 seed in the tournament and depending on the matchups in the tourney, could be a Final 4 team.

    I'm definitely drinking my kool-aid, but we have an extremely favorable schedule with a non-conference that is so easy that it won't hurt us not having McKay until our first conference game. I like the way our Big 12 schedule is set up as well as we can easily go 3-0 in conference before beating Kansas down at home. Time for other predictions, go.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 158,337, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,942
    Points
    158,337
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 6

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    All of the victories and all of the glory!



    (let me look at the schedule and get back to you)


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 159,779, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    8,553
    Points
    159,779
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,959
    Given: 1,666

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Now that our full schedule is out, it's time for game-by-game predictions (no, tucotroll, we aren't asking you for a game-by-game prediction of how Kansas will do). I'll start:

    11/14 Oakland - W (1-0, 0-0)
    11/17 Georgia State - W (2-0, 0-0)
    11/24 Alabama - W (3-0, 0-0)
    11/25 Arizona State/Maryland - W (4-0, 0-0)
    12/2 Lamar - W (5-0, 0-0)
    12/4 Arkansas - W (6-0, 0-0)
    12/9 UMKC - W (7-0, 0-0)
    12/12 @Iowa - W (I know a lot of you will disagree, but Iowa isn't good this year without Marble) (8-0, 0-0)
    12/14 Southern - W (9-0, 0-0)
    12/20 Drake - W (10-0, 0-0)
    12/31 Mississippi Valley State - W (11-0, 0-0)
    1/3 South Carolina - W (12-0, 0-0) This game will be tougher than a lot of people think with the huge class Martin has brought in, but should still be a 10-15 point victory
    1/6 Okie State - W (13-0, 1-0)
    1/10 @WVU - W (14-0, 2-0) We learned our lesson last year and shut up Morgantown after getting embarrassed last year
    1/14 @Baylor - W (15-0, 3-0)
    1/17 Kansas - W (16-0, 4-0)
    1/20 Kansas State - W (17-0, 5-0)
    1/24 @Texas Tech - W (18-0, 6-0)
    1/26 Texas - W (19-0, 7-0)
    1/31 TCU - W (20-0, 8-0)
    2/2 @Kansas - L (20-1, 8-1)
    2/7 Texas Tech - W (21-1, 9-1)
    2/9 @Oklahoma - L (21-2, 9-2)
    2/14 WVU - W (22-2, 10-2)
    2/18 @Okie State - W (23-2, 11-2)
    2/21 @Texas - L (23-3, 11-3)
    2/25 Baylor - W (24-3, 12-3)
    2/28 @Kansas State - W (25-3, 13-3)
    3/2 Oklahoma - W (26-3, 14-3)
    3/7 TCU - W (27-3, 15-3)
    Big 12 Tourney - 1 Seed
    QF - Baylor - W (28-3, 16-3)
    Semi - Kansas State - W (29-3, 17-3)
    Finals - Kansas - L (29-4, 17-4)
    We wind up a 2 seed in the tournament and depending on the matchups in the tourney, could be a Final 4 team.

    I'm definitely drinking my kool-aid, but we have an extremely favorable schedule with a non-conference that is so easy that it won't hurt us not having McKay until our first conference game. I like the way our Big 12 schedule is set up as well as we can easily go 3-0 in conference before beating Kansas down at home. Time for other predictions, go.


    Win the first 20 games? I would love to believe you but I have to think we will drop at least 1 or 2 before then. If we went 20-0 to start the season, we'd probably be ranked #1 in the nation.


    Last edited by CysRage; 08-15-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 42,392, Level: 63
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUCY23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,863
    Points
    42,392
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 155

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post


    Win the first 20 games? I would love to believe you but I have to think we will drop 1 or 2 before then.
    Yeah I agree. I can see where he's coming from because they are all winnable, but a slip up is bound to happen at some point. Especially in college basketball.

    Anyway, without out going game by game, I'd say we lose 5 regular season games.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,354, Level: 21
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    244
    Points
    5,354
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 11

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

    I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 159,779, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    8,553
    Points
    159,779
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,959
    Given: 1,666

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

    I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    I honestly wish we had 1-2 more high profile games. As long as we take care of business in the non-con it shouldn't hurt us however.


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 14,976, Level: 37
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StratCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    635
    Points
    14,976
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 280

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    TRJ I can honestly say I 100% share your enthusiasim. I think your predictions are fairly spot on, other thn losing to KU in the B12 toiurney, I think we win it again. Im drinking ALL the kool-aid!

    edit: Wow I wish I could spell. Too early in the morning I suppose!


    Last edited by StratCY; 08-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 45,600, Level: 66
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,350
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    scyclonekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,608
    Points
    45,600
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 37

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    National champs and not joking.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 84,774, Level: 90
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    6,795
    Points
    84,774
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 862
    Given: 256

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    National Champ or BUST



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 85,731, Level: 91
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,698
    Points
    85,731
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 302

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    I think it's going to be a great season, and honestly 20-0 probably isn't going to be far off.


    Last edited by BallSoHard4Cy; 08-15-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 132,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,342
    Points
    132,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,088

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    We will get our first loss much before the Kansas road game in February.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 63,347, Level: 78
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,503
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MartyFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Warren Co., IA
    Posts
    2,053
    Points
    63,347
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 211

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

    I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    We are limited in the sense that nobody wants to play in Hilton



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 390,700, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    16,968
    Points
    390,700
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,641
    Given: 1,468

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    If we start 20-0 we're going to be ranked #1. But I don't think we'll go 20-0.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 85,731, Level: 91
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,698
    Points
    85,731
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 302

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Question for ISU fans, do you like the non con schedule or would you like to see more high profile games?

    I could see both sides because a softer non con gives the new guys a chance to gel before getting to Big 12 play.
    high profile. There's nothing better then having your guys bond after winning big games.

    No one wants to play in Hilton though.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 18,243, Level: 41
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    590
    Points
    18,243
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 137

    Re: New Schedule - Season Prediction Time!!!

    5 or 6 losses, still a good shot at a final four run. 2 or 3 seed.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM