Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Deace on Mediacom

I'm watching Cy-Hawk talk @ 8:30 and Deace is not pleased with our performance... at all.

Rookie
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Re: Deace on Mediacom

HAHA I'm laughing more than i agree with him

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

I watched the first half of the show and he made some very good points about how we assume the role of underdog most of the time not giving ourselves credit we deserve. He made the argument by saying a lot of our players could be starters, or at very least, a consistent part of the rotation on the Longhorn team. Basically he was making the point that Chris Williams of CN said he thought the score would be us losing 38-7 and Deace went off about if we go down with that attitude, we don't deserve to win.

He was pretty brutal, but he made me look at a lot of things in a way I hadn't seen before that is for sure.

Rookie
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 44

believe his comments on attitude are dead on. team needs less attitude on the field and little more hussle back and focus for the next play. want to celebrate celebrate a clear victory from hard 45 minute effort. should be 60 minute effort but I havent seen anything this season that suggest ISU play 60 minutes of football maybe if the opposing team fielded dummy bags

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Is this being replayed again? I'd love to see it...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 55

Quote Originally Posted by amyk33 View Post
    Is this being replayed again? I'd love to see it...
    http://www.connections22.com/CyHawk.aspx

Tomorrow at 10 am, 5:30 pm, and Saturday at 10 am.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    http://www.connections22.com/CyHawk.aspx

Tomorrow at 10 am, 5:30 pm, and Saturday at 10 am.
    Gracias!

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 13

i would suggest everyone that has access to the show to watch it.. deace hits everything right on..

time to step it up.. it starts now

with regards to our season so far, i really want to see us play well against texas, then hammer UNI.. some people are thinking we may even lose that game. I would like to see us win by 20+ over UNI and then go in and beat nebraska to start our road to the north title. We can do this, we just need to step it up.. let's cheer loud for our cyclones and never give up.. just because we lost to an average hawkeye team, that does not mean we need to curl up and die. let's get out and fight for every yard ISU!!

Legend
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 540
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    I watched the first half of the show and he made some very good points about how we assume the role of underdog most of the time not giving ourselves credit we deserve. He made the argument by saying a lot of our players could be starters, or at very least, a consistent part of the rotation on the Longhorn team. Basically he was making the point that Chris Williams of CN said he thought the score would be us losing 38-7 and Deace went off about if we go down with that attitude, we don't deserve to win.

He was pretty brutal, but he made me look at a lot of things in a way I hadn't seen before that is for sure.
    Did Chris Williams really pick us to lose 38-7....if so, I just lost a lot of respect for him.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502

Yes I did on Deace's show Monday and I hope I eat my words. I'm really don't think giving my objective opinion should make you lose respect for me but if so, that's a shame.

One Note - I said that on Monday and just like anybody else, feelings can change. I think it will be a little bit closer now, but not by much. Our offense needs to prove some things to be before I will believe the Clones will go on the road against the defending national champs and give them a game. If the offense that we know we have shows up, then it will be a game. If the offense from the UNLV game shows up, it won't.

That's my honest opinion...I'm not going to inflate scores just because I work for CN. I will still be objective and I hope that you all, from Cyclone to Cyclone will respect me MORE for being that way.

Go Clones! Make me eat my words.

Last edited by ChrisMWilliams; 09-22-2006 at 10:01 AM. Reason: correction

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I wish Stevie would take the same Yank can-do attitude towards his weight...observed him recently in person....good god man...for the sake of your children....get some help right quick

Last edited by monkeybrow; 09-22-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 55

For those who want to see it, it is on again right now.

Legend
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 540

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Yes I did on Deace's show Monday and I hope I eat my words. I'm really don't think giving my objective opinion should make you lose respect for me but if so, that's a shame.

One Note - I said that on Monday and just like anybody else, feelings can change. I think it will be a little bit closer now, but not by much. Our offense needs to prove some things to be before I will believe the Clones will go on the road against the defending national champs and give them a game. If the offense that we know we have shows up, then it will be a game. If the offense from the UNLV game shows up, it won't.

That's my honest opinion...I'm not going to inflate scores just because I work for CN. I will still be objective and I hope that you all, from Cyclone to Cyclone will respect me MORE for being that way.

Go Clones! Make me eat my words.
    OK, I guess saying I lost respect for you was not the right thing to say. You do a hell of a job, and I love reading your material. I am however disappointed in your prediction. I agree with everything Deace said, we cannot go into games with this attitude. It is OK to predict us to loose, but in my opinion, it is ridiculous to predict us to loose by 31 points. This Texas team would not even of been in the national championship game if it were not for Vince Young. Hell he was the one that one the national championship game for them last year, and they also probably would of lost to Okie St. last year if they didnít have him in that game. Texas has played patsy teams so far this year with the exception of Ohio State, who throttled them.

Do I think we will win this game? No, I do not, but I would not be the least bit surprised if we did. I would however be shocked if we lost by 30+ points. The key for us is our defense needs to get PRESURE on the young Colt, and not let him have all day to look for his receivers. I know Texas has a great defense, but I know what our offense is capable of doing, and with what Texas has allowed so far with rushing yards, I would like to think we have been focusing a lot of passing plays this week in practice. Just my two cents.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502

Chuck...I respect your opinion...that's what's fun about sports...you have yours and I have mine.

I agree with Deace that Iowa State has the athletes to go down to Texas and make a game of it, I really do. But, from what I've seen this year, and from what I know about Texas...I don't like what I see heading into Saturday.

I agree with you about getting pressure on the Colt, but ISU wasn't getting pressure on UNLV, what makes us think we can on the future NFL line that Texas has. That was one of the factors going into my pick.

Another, we have an incredible offense. They have just yet to blossom. I think they will this year and I believe that they will live up to the hype by the end of the season, I just don't see it happening on Saturday.

In the end, if that offense does show up...and if the young D can create 2-3 turnovers to put the offense in favorable scoring position....Iowa State can do this. They really can...I just don't think it will happen this week.

Last edited by ChrisMWilliams; 09-22-2006 at 11:00 AM. Reason: correction

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Chuck...I respect your opinion...that's what's fun about sports...you have yours and I have mine.

I agree with Deace that Iowa State has the athletes to go down to Texas and make a game of it, I really do. But, from what I've seen this year, and from what I know about Texas...I don't like what I see heading into Saturday.

I agree with you about getting pressure on the Colt, but ISU wasn't getting pressure on UNLV, what makes us think we can on the future NFL line that Texas has. That was one of the factors going into my pick.

Another, we have an incredible offense. They have just yet to blossom. I think they will this year and I believe that they will live up to the hype by the end of the season, I just don't see it happening on Saturday.

In the end, if that offense does show up...and if the young D can create 2-3 turnovers to put the offense in favorable scoring position....Iowa State can do this. They really can...I just don't think it will happen this week.

Nice seeing you in here mate...you do a fine effort over at your place