Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 832,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,054
    Points
    832,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,532
    Given: 376

    Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast


  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 87,942, Level: 92
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,408
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    8,444
    Points
    87,942
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 93

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    As are we! Really looking forward to this initiative.

    If you're looking to utilize people calling in, something like Google Voice may be the way to go. You'd just take calls on your computer and queue them up. I'm 99% sure it's free for incoming calls as well, and you can turn on do not disturb during non-podcast times. Just a thought since you said you were still going through some hurdles :)



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 832,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,054
    Points
    832,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,532
    Given: 376

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    As are we! Really looking forward to this initiative.

    If you're looking to utilize people calling in, something like Google Voice may be the way to go. You'd just take calls on your computer and queue them up. I'm 99% sure it's free for incoming calls as well, and you can turn on do not disturb during non-podcast times. Just a thought since you said you were still going through some hurdles :)
    Thanks for the tip. We will look into this.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 217,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,057
    Points
    217,604
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 744
    Given: 492

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    CW, not to be nitpicky about all this new content, but when do you foresee the podcast of the Thursday night show and the Friday podcast being available for download? It really sucks when a weekend preview show gets posted late on Friday afternoon and you don't really have a chance to listen to it prior to Saturday's game, since there isn't much point in listening to it afterwards.



  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 832,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,054
    Points
    832,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,532
    Given: 376

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    CW, not to be nitpicky about all this new content, but when do you foresee the podcast of the Thursday night show and the Friday podcast being available for download? It really sucks when a weekend preview show gets posted late on Friday afternoon and you don't really have a chance to listen to it prior to Saturday's game, since there isn't much point in listening to it afterwards.
    I usually have the Thursday show up on the site within 30 minutes of its conclusion.

    The Friday show will be from 1-2, so iTunes should have it by 3 at the latest I'd think.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 217,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,057
    Points
    217,604
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 744
    Given: 492

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I usually have the Thursday show up on the site within 30 minutes of its conclusion.

    The Friday show will be from 1-2, so iTunes should have it by 3 at the latest I'd think.
    Cool, figured you were on top of it.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 328,028, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    11,663
    Points
    328,028
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,100
    Given: 726

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Thanks for the tip. We will look into this.

    Yeah, I'd second that. Another podcast I listen to does the google voice for calls. They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air.

    Oh, and more CF content?



    Plus, I'm getting caught up on other podcasts so I was just looking for new stuff today. More CF will fit in nicely.



    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 95,261, Level: 96
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,789
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    5,695
    Points
    95,261
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,386
    Given: 755

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    *Yes*


    Rhoads out!

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 87,942, Level: 92
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,408
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    8,444
    Points
    87,942
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 93

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Thanks for the tip. We will look into this.
    No problem - if you're running everything through a computer already, I think it might be a pretty good solution. If you need a tech geek to test or experiment, you can shoot me a PM.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 87,942, Level: 92
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,408
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    8,444
    Points
    87,942
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 93

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Yeah, I'd second that. Another podcast I listen to does the google voice for calls. They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air.

    Oh, and more CF content?



    Plus, I'm getting caught up on other podcasts so I was just looking for new stuff today. More CF will fit in nicely.
    "They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air"

    That would definitely be a good option too - super easy to set up and easy to eliminate the troll callers too. I use Google Voice for my standard voicemail box. We could literally call a number, leave a message and then you guys go to the Google Voice website and just listen to the messages.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 78,788, Level: 87
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,362
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    5,772
    Points
    78,788
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 777

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Sounds awesome, podcasts are the most convienent way to get my ISU fix.

    You talk about football season specifically but I assume there are tenative plans for this to carry over into bball season too?


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 328,028, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    11,663
    Points
    328,028
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,100
    Given: 726

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Jlaw just heard the news:




    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  13. #13
    Publisher
    Points: 832,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,054
    Points
    832,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,532
    Given: 376

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    Sounds awesome, podcasts are the most convienent way to get my ISU fix.

    You talk about football season specifically but I assume there are tenative plans for this to carry over into bball season too?
    This is correct. Perhaps all year, depending on how you all react to it.



  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 17,765, Level: 40
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cytasticlone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    163
    Points
    17,765
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 329

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    This is correct. Perhaps all year, depending on how you all react to it.
    Well I'm reacting like this:




  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,937, Level: 63
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,591
    Points
    41,937
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 490

    Re: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

    FANTASTIC



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • March 2, 2015
  • 08:00 PM