Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 181

Re: Tony Stewart may have hit/ran over someone

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    I've been honest in the fact that obviously I wasn't there, I have not, and will not watch the actual video, but based on eyewitness accounts of people on the scene who are dirt track sprint car fans, I believe Tony intentionally goosed it, and I believe he did that knowing the kid was there. I do not believe he had malice and wanted to actually make contact with him, but I do think it was not an accident that the car lost traction and moved toward him. I also think it's partly the kid's fault, because you don't ever enter the track unless you do it while exiting an emergency vehicle with flashing lights. But, he's dead, so his culpability isn't really important.

I've thought that Tony is a horrible person for a long time, so I admit that influences my opinion. His previous statements about wrecking someone if they're in his way, his statements about how he will flat out retaliate against someone, and other comments led me to believe long ago that he's a danger to himself and others as a driver and that his personality would cause him to eventually hurt or kill someone.
    How do you believe that when you've never seen the video?? If you watch the video, it looks like Stewart tries to swerve and miss him (which is why he hits the throttle, to turn the car) but cannot avoid him. The car directly in front has to serve hard to miss Ward and Tony is right behind him and doesn't have time to react.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    In the deadspin video, it doesn't look like Ward has hit head on. He seems to be beside the car, there is the sound of gunning of an engine, and then Ward goes flying. If it can be proven that Stewart gunned his engine to scare Ward, and somehow that caused the car to hit Ward, that would be criminal negligence. It would need to be shown that Stewart knew Ward was there, that the gunning engine sound in the video is actually coming from Stewart's car, that gunning the engine makes the car go right, and probably some other things. The DA will have to decide whether there is enough evidence to pursue such a charge. I saw an article stating that the sheriff is asking for copies of any other fan videos of the incident. It may be awhile before the final determination is made as to whether any criminal charges will be filed.
    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    Hitting the throttle near him doesn't mean he was trying to scare him. In fact hitting the throttle is the easiest and fastest way to get these cars to turn left to avoid something to the right. These cars weight 1400 lbs. and have 900 hp, when you hit the throttle and spin the tires the cars turn left. When racing at full speed these cars don't corner with brakes they corner with throttle.
    This x100. More likely Tony gooses it to try to avoid him.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,178
    Given: 614

To be fair, the Boston Marathon bombing wasn't only the marathon the dude ****ed up on, but then he went and shot a cop and then got in a chase and was throwing bombs out of his car, so it isn't like he simply shot someone.

As for Aaron Hernandez, his murder cases aren't close to being done because they keep finding people he murdered.

As for Oscar Pistorious, from what I've heard, the South Africa court system is in shambles.

Category 4 Boat Shoes Campus Rep
    PM for Discounts / Promo Codes

Talk to BU4ISU for Category 5

Addict
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,013
    Given: 498

Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    If charges are filed against TS, we won't even hear a verdict on the decision for a long, long time. High profile cases like this take a long time to play out. A few quick examples:

Oscar Pistorius murdered his wife in February 2013 and the verdict is finally coming September 2014.
    Aaron Hernandez and his murder cases still aren't even close to being done and that started June 2013.
    The Boston Marathon bombing was April 2013 and it also isn't even close to being done.

Yeah, because the slow judicial system in another country is pertinent here....

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    How do you believe that when you've never seen the video?? If you watch the video, it looks like Stewart tries to swerve and miss him (which is why he hits the throttle, to turn the car) but cannot avoid him. The car directly in front has to serve hard to miss Ward and Tony is right behind him and doesn't have time to react.

I believe it based on what others present said, and I've been honest that this is only my opinion and there are flaws in it. I will take the flaws in my expertise of the situation because of that over watching a video of a guy dying.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 181

I believe it based on what others present said, and I've been honest that this is only my opinion and there are flaws in it. I will take the flaws in my expertise of the situation because of that over watching a video of a guy dying.
    Or maybe don't have an opinion if you don't have the information to make an informed one?

But where's the fun in that, right?

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    In the deadspin video, it doesn't look like Ward has hit head on. He seems to be beside the car, there is the sound of gunning of an engine, and then Ward goes flying. If it can be proven that Stewart gunned his engine to scare Ward, and somehow that caused the car to hit Ward, that would be criminal negligence. It would need to be shown that Stewart knew Ward was there, that the gunning engine sound in the video is actually coming from Stewart's car, that gunning the engine makes the car go right, and probably some other things. The DA will have to decide whether there is enough evidence to pursue such a charge. I saw an article stating that the sheriff is asking for copies of any other fan videos of the incident. It may be awhile before the final determination is made as to whether any criminal charges will be filed.
    I have no legal expertise, but even I could defend these accusations in court. No way in hell TS is charged.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Or maybe don't have an opinion if you don't have the information to make an informed one?

But where's the fun in that, right?

Right...because human beings have never before and will never again form an opinion on limited information.

Hell, I'm probably more honest about the flaws in my opinion than you all are. Suddenly because people watched the video, they can determine exact circumstances AND intent.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 125

This x100. More likely Tony gooses it to try to avoid him.
    You don't goose the throttle to make a turn in that situation.

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

The drivers can see just fine.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,116
    Given: 229

Quote Originally Posted by boyd View Post
    The drivers can see just fine.
    Apparently the driver that posted in the thread earlier that said that's not always the case is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt
    Some people don't realize how hard it is to see sometimes on these tracks. You have dark dirt, bad lighting, dark cars, dark racing suits and dirt/mud on your shield.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 947

You don't goose the throttle to make a turn in that situation.
    Have you been in a racecar? The fastest and most effective way to turn left is to spin the tires.

As for seeing just fine, some tracks have good lighting, some tracks have poor lighting. When you combine the lighting situation with dark racing suits and dirt on your helmet shield visibility is not optimal. Knoxville Raceway has the best lighting of a track I have ever been to and on the opposite side of that imo Jackson County Speedway in Maquoketa, IA has the worst and it does make a difference.

Last edited by isufbcurt; 08-11-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuchicago View Post
    I read he hit the throttle nearing him..? If its confirmed he did some crap to try to scare him and the guy dies because of it, will he be held accountable? What do you think they'd do? I could see two guys trying to have a ******* contest and show each other up...that happens. But if someone dies because of it, should you be allowed to keep racing? I know jack **** about racing. Like in normal road roage, people do stupid things to make the other guy mad..it happens. But if it causes someone to crash and die, you should get in serious trouble. That's the risk you took.
    You are right on. Tony was trying to show him who the Boss was .He didn't want to hit him, just make a statement!

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    Have you been in a racecar? The fastest and most effective way to turn left is to spin the tires.

As for seeing just fine, some tracks have good lighting, some tracks have poor lighting. When you combine the lighting situation with dark racing suits and dirt on your helmet shield visibility is not optimal.
    Yes, I have built and drove them. You do not goose the throttle in that instance!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 947

Yes, I have built and drove them. You do not goose the throttle in that instance!
    Ok I will just agree to disagree because I have goosed the throttle many times to avoid things.

Can I ask where and what class you race?

Last edited by isufbcurt; 08-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,219
    Given: 488

Yeah, because the slow judicial system in another country is pertinent here....
    Yeah I don't know what I was thinking there but I was more just trying to say that high profile cases take a while to pan out.

"Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation