View Poll Results: What do you expect?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with 6-6 seasons consitantly

    34 60.71%
  • I want 8+ wins, any less and i'm mad

    22 39.29%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 147
  1. #91
    Addict
    Points: 64,606, Level: 78
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,129
    Points
    64,606
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 50

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    No it wasn't. 4 non-conference games and a Big 12 North Division that sucked. DMAC won only 2 games in 2003. What do you think of that?

    The 2 years prior to Rhoads coming we won 3 games and then 2 games.

    So tell me, would you rather have DMAC back or Jim Walden rather than Rhoads?
    The majority of the time under McCarney the schedule only featured three non-conf games, there were only three seasons where he got four non-conf games. Also, for the first half of McCarney's tenure the B12 North was extremely tough. Nebraska, Colorado and K-State all were top ten teams during that stretch.



  2. #92
    Legend
    Points: 163,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,146
    Points
    163,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 972

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    The majority of the time under McCarney the schedule only featured three non-conf games, there were only three seasons where he got four non-conf games. Also, for the first half of McCarney's tenure the B12 North was extremely tough. Nebraska, Colorado and K-State all were top ten teams during that stretch.
    Yes, and look at how he did in the first half.
    Dan had one 9 win season. Rhoad's worst team would have won 7 games with that schedule.



  3. #93
    Addict
    Points: 64,606, Level: 78
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,129
    Points
    64,606
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 50

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Yes, and look at how he did in the first half.
    Dan had one 9 win season. Rhoad's worst team would have won 7 games with that schedule.
    Maybe, but highly doubtful since it lost to an FCS team. CPR also took over a program that had been to five bowl games in the previous decade. McCarney took over a program that hadn't been to a bowl game in 17 years, and even with the lower bowl eligibility requirements of today would have only been to three bowl games in that 17 year stretch.



  4. #94
    Starter
    Points: 8,761, Level: 28
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    947
    Points
    8,761
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 186

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    It does show that a previous year's record does not mean that a team is doomed to have the same results. Iowa won 4 games in 2012. Going into 2013 the DL was perceived to be inexperienced and very weak. Sound familiar? We really have no idea how 2014 will play out for the Cyclones. Mangino has said that it is important for a young team to have a positive attitude going into the season. So let's keep things positive. Pretty obvious that you do not care about what is best for the ISU Cyclones.
    If people, whether they are Cyclone fans or not, don't feel positively about the upcoming season then are they not allowed to share their view? Just because their opinion doesn't jive with your's does not mean they need to pretend like it does just to keep you satisfied.

    I've seen you reference the Hawks turnaround over the past 2 years multiple times in the past couple months, and it doesn't make anymore sense now than it did 2 months ago. In order to accurately make that analogy you have to look at the specifics. You can't just make a blanket statement that the Hawks went from 4 wins to 8 wins so why can't ISU do it?

    I understand that it's mostly sunshine pumping on your part. I really do understand that. No one wants to go into a season expecting crap performances from their favorite team, myself included. I just don't think it is a logical comparison when you look at the specifics. In particular, the fact Iowa was breaking in a young defensive line while having 3 Senior and future NFL linebackers behind them. That's the biggest individual difference and it's a huge one. ISU is dealing with an abnormal amount of turnover at the DT position, and they don't have near the experience or proven playmaking ability at LB that Iowa had. In addition, Iowa's 4-8 season was almost all the result of an offense that completely lacked a pulse. They couldn't complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field in 2012. The defense that year wasn't great, but they really weren't that bad either. ISU's defense last year was atrocious, and when you consider what was lost it doesn't look like things are going to improve at all this year.

    I could say... Florida State won the NC last year. So I suppose the Hawks can do it this year! I could say that right? It doesn't mean it would be very logical, but I could certainly say that.


    Last edited by Section110; 08-12-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    "Crack a smile, drink it down, it's the cleanest around."

    Yours Truly,

    Ames Water

  5. #95
    Addict
    Points: 154,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,604
    Points
    154,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 43

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    If people, whether they are Cyclone fans or not, don't feel positively about the upcoming season then are they not allowed to share their view? Just because their opinion doesn't jive with your's does not mean they need to pretend like it does just to keep you satisfied.

    I've seen you reference the Hawks turnaround over the past 2 years multiple times in the past couple months, and it doesn't make anymore sense now than it did 2 months ago. In order to accurately make that analogy you have to look at the specifics. You can't just make a blanket statement that the Hawks went from 4 wins to 8 wins so why can't ISU do it?

    I understand that it's mostly sunshine pumping on your part. I really do understand that. No one wants to go into a season expecting crap performances from their favorite team, myself included. I just don't think it is a logical comparison when you look at the specifics. In particular, the fact Iowa was breaking in a young defensive line while having 3 Senior and future NFL linebackers behind them. That's the biggest individual difference and it's a huge one. ISU is dealing with an abnormal amount of turnover at the DT position, and they don't have near the experience or proven playmaking ability at LB that Iowa had. In addition, Iowa's 4-8 season was almost all the result of an offense that completely lacked a pulse. They couldn't complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field in 2012. The defense that year wasn't great, but they really weren't that bad either. ISU's defense last year was atrocious, and when you consider what was lost it doesn't look like things are going to improve at all this year.

    I could say... Florida State won the NC last year. So I suppose the Hawks can do it this year! I could say that right? It doesn't mean it would be very logical, but I could certainly say that.
    tldr

    Is there a new policy on hawktrolls @ cf? I keep seeing them outside of ISR.

    ???


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  6. #96
    Starter
    Points: 14,304, Level: 36
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    DuckDynastyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    711
    Points
    14,304
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 420

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    Rhoads hasn't done dick at Iowa State. The only reason we have even went to a couple bowls under him is because anyone who goes .500 these days makes it to the postseason. Even Jim Walden went 6-5 one year. DMAC reubuilding job at ISU was 10x more impressive than anything CPR has done.
    Beat Nebraska on the road. Won bowl game after prior coach lost 10 straight. Beat TCU on the road. Beat Texas on road. Beat OK State #2 in nation. Beat Texas last year, but that was nullified to allow Mack Brown to keep his job for a few more weeks. Nope, nothing.


    "winners never quit; quitters never win"

  7. #97
    Speechless
    Points: 217,446, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,621
    Points
    217,446
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 54

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    If people, whether they are Cyclone fans or not, don't feel positively about the upcoming season then are they not allowed to share their view? Just because their opinion doesn't jive with your's does not mean they need to pretend like it does just to keep you satisfied.

    I've seen you reference the Hawks turnaround over the past 2 years multiple times in the past couple months, and it doesn't make anymore sense now than it did 2 months ago. In order to accurately make that analogy you have to look at the specifics. You can't just make a blanket statement that the Hawks went from 4 wins to 8 wins so why can't ISU do it?

    I understand that it's mostly sunshine pumping on your part. I really do understand that. No one wants to go into a season expecting crap performances from their favorite team, myself included. I just don't think it is a logical comparison when you look at the specifics. In particular, the fact Iowa was breaking in a young defensive line while having 3 Senior and future NFL linebackers behind them. That's the biggest individual difference and it's a huge one. ISU is dealing with an abnormal amount of turnover at the DT position, and they don't have near the experience or proven playmaking ability at LB that Iowa had. In addition, Iowa's 4-8 season was almost all the result of an offense that completely lacked a pulse. They couldn't complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field in 2012. The defense that year wasn't great, but they really weren't that bad either. ISU's defense last year was atrocious, and when you consider what was lost it doesn't look like things are going to improve at all this year.

    I could say... Florida State won the NC last year. So I suppose the Hawks can do it this year! I could say that right? It doesn't mean it would be very logical, but I could certainly say that.
    The BIG Question is........WHY are you posting on Cyclone Fanatic?

    You are not a Cyclone fan. So is it an obsession you have by being here? Or what? WHY don't you post on your B1G "rivals" boards? Especially since Hawkeyes have said that ISU is not a rival of Iowa and want to see the series ended.



  8. #98
    All-Star
    Points: 22,256, Level: 45
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,819
    Points
    22,256
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 61

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckDynastyCy View Post
    Beat Nebraska on the road. Won bowl game after prior coach lost 10 straight. Beat TCU on the road. Beat Texas on road. Beat OK State #2 in nation. Beat Texas last year, but that was nullified to allow Mack Brown to keep his job for a few more weeks. Nope, nothing.
    Jim Walden upset Nebraska and Oklahoma!



  9. #99
    Starter
    Points: 14,304, Level: 36
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    DuckDynastyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    711
    Points
    14,304
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 420

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    Jim Walden upset Nebraska and Oklahoma!
    Yeah, I know, I was there. What's your point?


    "winners never quit; quitters never win"

  10. #100
    Starter
    Points: 8,761, Level: 28
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    947
    Points
    8,761
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 186

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    The BIG Question is........WHY are you posting on Cyclone Fanatic?

    You are not a Cyclone fan. So is it an obsession you have by being here? Or what? WHY don't you post on your B1G "rivals" boards? Especially since Hawkeyes have said that ISU is not a rival of Iowa and want to see the series ended.
    When you're losing an argument and your point was rendered mute then resort to attacking the other posters "right to post here"....

    Nice try.

    1. I'm not trolling. I'm participating in the conversation by sharing my opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it trolling.

    2. I enjoy this board. Lots of good conversation. I don't just post in the football and rivalry forums. I've posted in threads involving off topic discussions like VEISHEA and stocks.

    3. There's plenty of people who post on here that aren't Cyclone fans. Which means, like it or not, as long as I remain respectful I'm welcome. I show respect as long as it's shown to me. Which it is for the most part. Plus I have thick skin so I can deal with all the BS that comes with posting on a rivals forum. Maybe you should thicken yours up a little if all it takes is a "negative" perspective to bother you. Additionally, I don't need your permission to post here.

    4. Yes, that's right.... I said RIVALS forum ^. I don't know what Hawk fans you're referring to who don't consider ISU a rival. Maybe there are some who make that claim, but I'm not one of them. We're in the same state and fans of both teams take the outcome of CyHawk game very seriously because we share our state together. It's about bragging rights. Don't confuse the fact a lot of Hawk fans wouldn't mind seeing the series ended with Hawk fans saying it isn't a rivalry. I'm a Hawk fan who is okay with the series ending (because in reality it's probably going to sooner than later), but as long as it's being played I certainly consider it a rivalry game.


    "Crack a smile, drink it down, it's the cleanest around."

    Yours Truly,

    Ames Water

  11. #101
    Speechless
    Points: 217,446, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,621
    Points
    217,446
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 54

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    When you're losing an argument and your point was rendered mute then resort to attacking the other posters "right to post here"....

    Nice try.

    1. I'm not trolling. I'm participating in the conversation by sharing my opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it trolling.

    2. I enjoy this board. Lots of good conversation. I don't just post in the football and rivalry forums. I've posted in threads involving off topic discussions like VEISHEA and stocks.

    3. There's plenty of people who post on here that aren't Cyclone fans. Which means, like it or not, as long as I remain respectful I'm welcome. I show respect as long as it's shown to me. Which it is for the most part. Plus I have thick skin so I can deal with all the BS that comes with posting on a rivals forum. Maybe you should thicken yours up a little if all it takes is a "negative" perspective to bother you. Additionally, I don't need your permission to post here.

    4. Yes, that's right.... I said RIVALS forum ^. I don't know what Hawk fans you're referring to who don't consider ISU a rival. Maybe there are some who make that claim, but I'm not one of them. We're in the same state and fans of both teams take the outcome of CyHawk game very seriously because we share our state together. It's about bragging rights. Don't confuse the fact a lot of Hawk fans wouldn't mind seeing the series ended with Hawk fans saying it isn't a rivalry. I'm a Hawk fan who is okay with the series ending (because in reality it's probably going to sooner than later), but as long as it's being played I certainly consider it a rivalry game.
    You have consistently bad mouthed Cyclone athletics. Point out the positive things you have posted about ISU.

    WHY would you want the series to end if you truly consider ISU to be a Rival? And what would be a good reason for it to end? To play another MAC or Sun Belt team?



  12. #102
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,096, Level: 21
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    244
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 11

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    It does show that a previous year's record does not mean that a team is doomed to have the same results. Iowa won 4 games in 2012. Going into 2013 the DL was perceived to be inexperienced and very weak. Sound familiar? We really have no idea how 2014 will play out for the Cyclones. Mangino has said that it is important for a young team to have a positive attitude going into the season. So let's keep things positive. Pretty obvious that you do not care about what is best for the ISU Cyclones.
    Under KF, Iowa has a well known rep of having good lines on both sides of the ball so he improvement made by the d line from 2012 to 2013 wasn't that much of a surprise.

    The same can't be said for ISU....but hey, at least you guys have a bunch of WR's with good measurables.



  13. #103
    Addict
    Points: 154,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,604
    Points
    154,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 43

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Under KF, Iowa has a well known rep of having good lines on both sides of the ball so he improvement made by the d line from 2012 to 2013 wasn't that much of a surprise.

    The same can't be said for ISU....but hey, at least you guys have a bunch of WR's with good measurables.
    What does this have to do with this thread? Can't hawktard start a thread about this in ISR?


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  14. #104
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,096, Level: 21
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    244
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 11

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    What does this have to do with this thread? Can't hawktard start a thread about this in ISR?
    Your boy, Stormin, brought Iowa into this thread. He said ISU could make a similar jump in win total as the 2013 Iowa team did. He compared the inexperienced Iowa d line in 2012 that turned into a strength in 2013 and said it looks familiar to the 2013 ISU d line.

    I just simply said that comparison doesn't really work.



  15. #105
    Starter
    Points: 11,916, Level: 32
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on Hwy 30
    Posts
    713
    Points
    11,916
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

    I purposely did not go to the KU game last year. So, yeah ... this year I'd like to see one win at Jack Trice, in person.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM