Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Re: What is everyone expecting? (in the long run)

I would like to be like Northwestern is in the Big 10.

Don't have to be great every year but don't ever totally suck. Have people think you are pretty smart and stuff.

Stop losing to UNI - That is terrible.

Sell beer at the stadium

Shoot hot dogs out a cannon like at baseball games

Smoke um if you got um

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 45

Quote Originally Posted by InAWord View Post
    End thread. UNI last year was totally unacceptable. Lost a lot of faith in the direction Rhoad's is leading this program. It's not mutiny, but it certainly opened my eyes.
    No one is happy or satisfied with the UNI loss. So who do you think should be leading the ISU program since you obviously think that Rhoads should not?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 86

These poll options stink. The 6-6 option didn't mention anything about a bowl invitation. The 8+ option implied you'd be mad if that weren't achieved, even though ISU isn't yet at that level.

My minimum expectation is that ISU gets to a bowl every (or most) years and winning at least half of them. My minimum expectation is that ISU remains competitive in their games and doesn't get blown out or lose to FCS schools.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Not according to him. We have nothing to be optimistic about. We are going to be awful. We need to just be realistic and realize that we suck and always will. If only we had DMAC back.
    Clearly you aren't really reading anything I'm saying. If you actually read my last several posts I made multiple optimistic comments. Your problem is that all you focus on is the negative comments. It clouds your ability to comprehend what is being said. For instance, I've repeatedly said Mangino was a good hire and I understand there are reasons to be optimistic about the offense. I said Morrissey and Tribune will be above average players. I've said in the past that the WR core at ISU looks to be tremendously talented, and EJ Bibbs is a stud.

Now I also go on to point out the areas in which I see holes. That's called looking at the whole picture. It isn't my problem that you choose to argue every single negative comment I make. The fact is everything I have pointed out that you would consider to be "negative" is the same viewpoint held by most football fans and analysts outside of CycloneNation. Just because I, or we, aren't huge Cyclone fans or just because I, or we, don't donate our money to Iowa State does mean our opinion means anything less than yours. In reality it means your opinion is incredibly biased, and it certainly appears that you are incapable of looking at things in an objective manner.

"Crack a smile, drink it down, it's the cleanest around."

Yours Truly,

Ames Water

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

beat Iowa and give me a bowl game to travel to/watch during bowl season and we're good

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 692

Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    Clearly you aren't really reading anything I'm saying. If you actually read my last several posts I made multiple optimistic comments. Your problem is that all you focus on is the negative comments. It clouds your ability to comprehend what is being said. For instance, I've repeatedly said Mangino was a good hire and I understand there are reasons to be optimistic about the offense. I said Morrissey and Tribune will be above average players. I've said in the past that the WR core at ISU looks to be tremendously talented, and EJ Bibbs is a stud.

Now I also go on to point out the areas in which I see holes. That's called looking at the whole picture. It isn't my problem that you choose to argue every single negative comment I make. The fact is everything I have pointed out that you would consider to be "negative" is the same viewpoint held by most football fans and analysts outside of CycloneNation. Just because I, or we, aren't huge Cyclone fans or just because I, or we, don't donate our money to Iowa State does mean our opinion means anything less than yours. In reality it means your opinion is incredibly biased, and it certainly appears that you are incapable of looking at things in an objective manner.
    Off topic here, but you never did link your usernames to all of the b1g team fan sites to show how much more you care about them than little old insignificant Iowa State.

I mean since you and 136 and of course Johnny, don't really care about Iowa State, and you have all of these more important rivalries with ships like Purdue, etc, should be pretty easy to link your other sites to those of us who want to take you at face value

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 28

Just because I, or we, aren't huge Cyclone fans or just because I, or we, don't donate our money to Iowa State does mean our opinion means anything less than yours.
    In the context of this thread and this forum you're wrong.

The OP is a question asked to Cyclones fans. Biased as the answers may be, they're intended to come from Cyclones fans.

There will be sunshine pumpers and there will be chicken littles but none of us need a perspective on ISU through your hawk lens. If you want to talk hawk superiority you're absolutely welcome to do it...in the ISR forum. Here, you're making posts that Cyclones fans have to wade through or ignore. You're wasting space.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,281
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 0

CPR is the best coach Iowa State has had, and he hasn't peaked yet. He made a big mistake with his second OC, but I think it's pretty safe to say all coaches have made a bad hire or two before. This is still his first ever tenure as being a HC. He will learn and grow from his mistakes just like players do.

Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    In the context of this thread and this forum you're wrong.

The OP is a question asked to Cyclones fans. Biased as the answers may be, they're intended to come from Cyclones fans.

There will be sunshine pumpers and there will be chicken littles but none of us need a perspective on ISU through your hawk lens. If you want to talk hawk superiority you're absolutely welcome to do it...in the ISR forum. Here, you're making posts that Cyclones fans have to wade through or ignore. You're wasting space.
    Except if you go back to why we started this discussion in the first place it was because Stormin decided to make a comparison to the Hawks turnaround last year. That's it. He's the one who brought Iowa into the discussion. I simply shared that it was a bad comparison to make.

I can appreciate wanting to stay on topic, and by all means let's get back there, but don't blame me for taking part in a debate in which a Cyclone fan decided to mention Iowa. I started reading the thread because I was curious what most Cyclone fans expectations are. I just got sidetracked by a comparison that I thought was horrible.

Yours Truly,

Ames Water

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 45

Except if you go back to why we started this discussion in the first place it was because Stormin decided to make a comparison to the Hawks turnaround last year. That's it. He's the one who brought Iowa into the discussion. I simply shared that it was a bad comparison to make.

I can appreciate wanting to stay on topic, and by all means let's get back there, but don't blame me for taking part in a debate in which a Cyclone fan decided to mention Iowa. I started reading the thread because I was curious what most Cyclone fans expectations are. I just got sidetracked by a comparison that I thought was horrible.
    You responded with negativism. And you responded with that negativism far before I made any mention of "Iowa".

To clarify things. I am here and wish to hear from you no longer. See you on the In-State Rivals Board.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    You responded with negativism. And you responded with that negativism far before I made any mention of "Iowa".

To clarify things. I am here and wish to hear from you no longer. See you on the In-State Rivals Board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	27855

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bias.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	27856

Yours Truly,

Ames Water

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 304

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I think expectations should be about what they've always been.... 4-7 wins.

Losing to any FCS team should be unacceptable. We should expect to beat Iowa half the time IMO. No reason why we shouldn't beat Iowa at home IMO. And then we should expect to always be able to beat the bottom 2 or 3 teams in the Big 12 and then surprise someone else in the Big 12 we weren't expecting to beat.

Anyone who expects ISU to win 8+ games a year is delusional IMO. We just aren't set up for that in this league we play in. Most the teams we play are from either Texas or Oklahoma, and thus have much bigger recruiting advantages over a "northern" school like ISU.

Teams like Iowa play other schools basically from the midwest, which face the same recruiting challenges as Iowa and ISU do. Southern schools have BIG recruiting advantages over the midwest IMO. So competing against mostly southern schools is extremely difficult for ISU.
    Southern Schools Extremely Difficult..............Not if your Baylor and DFW is 100 miles away. As long as we are on the northern frontier of a southern centric league its gonna be ......Struggle Baby Struggle to have a winning conference mark no matter who is coaching the football team....

Time for a little bit of realism boys.....