Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 170
  1. #121
    Walk On
    Points: 5,891, Level: 22
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Urbandale IA
    Posts
    148
    Points
    5,891
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 52

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    I heard that during the scrimmage Mangino lined up the guards in the backfield, the center was on the right, and the quarterback wasn't even there!
    This is about right. We haven't had a QB for about as long as Iowa hasn't had a basketball team.



  2. #122
    Speechless
    Points: 216,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,451
    Points
    216,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonebillski View Post
    He also didn't know it was a gridiron function. He was asking how people got in and got info and people told him. Its not as underhanded as you make it sound.
    Trey Scott expressed surprise that there were so many in attendance. And the info given by him was to be kept on the Board. Nothing earth shattering but interesting none the less. Best for everyone to just move on and wait for Rhoads and other coaches to comment.

    CW is handling this in the way it is best for CF. I guess if people really wanted to know what happened at the scrimmage then they should have joined the Gridiron Club and attended the scrimmage.



  3. #123
    Addict
    Points: 177,884, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,429
    Points
    177,884
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 77

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Trey Scott expressed surprise that there were so many in attendance. And the info given by him was to be kept on the Board. Nothing earth shattering but interesting none the less. Best for everyone to just move on and wait for Rhoads and other coaches to comment.

    CW is handling this in the way it is best for CF. I guess if people really wanted to know what happened at the scrimmage then they should have joined the Gridiron Club and attended the scrimmage.

    and the info that Trey posted, while good stuff, was not earth shattering, aka, like talking about secret plays or something.



  4. #124
    Speechless
    Points: 216,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,451
    Points
    216,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    and the info that Trey posted, while good stuff, was not earth shattering, aka, like talking about secret plays or something.
    Correct. No secrets revealed.



  5. #125
    Starter
    Points: 9,354, Level: 29
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    877
    Points
    9,354
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 102

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    I guess I don't get it either. As mentioned several times before, it's not like there are very many posters that could write up an analysis containing a depth of information that could be detrimental to the immediate future of this FB team, if any. To say that so and so looked solid on the line, or that, of the 3 QBs so and so looked the sharpest, etc., has zero bearing on the upcoming success, or lack thereof, of the team. If the coaches really wanted everything kept under wraps, it would be closed to everybody, GC members included. Yet instead it's open to anyone willing to pay 25 bucks for a membership? I can understand an agreement between the program and the media perhaps, but to comment vaguely on what one saw could not possibly be all that earth shattering, especially compared to the info that's been released all week, and going to be released later today.



  6. #126
    Speechless
    Points: 216,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,451
    Points
    216,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by FanatiClone View Post
    I guess I don't get it either. As mentioned several times before, it's not like there are very many posters that could write up an analysis containing a depth of information that could be detrimental to the immediate future of this FB team, if any. To say that so and so looked solid on the line, or that, of the 3 QBs so and so looked the sharpest, etc., has zero bearing on the upcoming success, or lack thereof, of the team. If the coaches really wanted everything kept under wraps, it would be closed to everybody, GC members included. Yet instead it's open to anyone willing to pay 25 bucks for a membership? I can understand an agreement between the program and the media perhaps, but to comment vaguely on what one saw could not possibly be all that earth shattering, especially compared to the info that's been released all week, and going to be released later today.
    IMO, this is more about giving benefit for a Gridiron Club membership. And less to do with keeping things secret.



  7. #127
    Starter
    Points: 9,354, Level: 29
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    877
    Points
    9,354
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 102

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    IMO, this is more about giving benefit for a Gridiron Club membership. And less to do with keeping things secret.
    Gotcha. But isn't it also open to players' family, friends, or whoever a player designates a pass for?



  8. #128
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,920, Level: 80
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,759
    Points
    66,920
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    So someone who both attended the scrimmage, and have a scout subscription should post their views and use what he said as a guide since his information was OK to give out.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  9. #129
    Starter
    Points: 18,938, Level: 41
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    WallenIzBallin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    725
    Points
    18,938
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 10

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    So someone who both attended the scrimmage, and have a scout subscription should post their views and use what he said as a guide since his information was OK to give out.
    His info is spot on



  10. #130
    All-Star
    Points: 18,122, Level: 41
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,329
    Points
    18,122
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by FanatiClone View Post
    I guess I don't get it either. As mentioned several times before, it's not like there are very many posters that could write up an analysis containing a depth of information that could be detrimental to the immediate future of this FB team, if any. To say that so and so looked solid on the line, or that, of the 3 QBs so and so looked the sharpest, etc., has zero bearing on the upcoming success, or lack thereof, of the team. If the coaches really wanted everything kept under wraps, it would be closed to everybody, GC members included. Yet instead it's open to anyone willing to pay 25 bucks for a membership? I can understand an agreement between the program and the media perhaps, but to comment vaguely on what one saw could not possibly be all that earth shattering, especially compared to the info that's been released all week, and going to be released later today.
    My understanding is that it's done this way because someone in the past did an actual play-by-play at one of these things. Actually sat down and took notes at the scrimmage, then posted it on a message board. It was stuff like Wimberly up the gut for 5, pass to Bundrage complete for 15 and a first down, etc. But he also threw in some commentary about defense and how certain players looked and where they were lining up and who was running with the 1s and 2s and so on. And that made the coaches mad. I think it was even during a different coaching regime (Mac) but the new rule not to allow information out of the scrimmage survived the transition.



  11. #131
    Speechless
    Points: 216,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,451
    Points
    216,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    So someone who both attended the scrimmage, and have a scout subscription should post their views and use what he said as a guide since his information was OK to give out.
    Trey asked that his info should not be posted elsewhere. Why not respect that request?



  12. #132
    Addict
    Points: 151,488, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    theantiAIRBHG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hiawatha, IA
    Posts
    8,203
    Points
    151,488
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 999
    Given: 952

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by cymac2408 View Post
    This is about right. We haven't had a QB for about as long as Iowa hasn't had a basketball team.



    Follow me on Twitter: @theantiAIRBHG

  13. #133
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,920, Level: 80
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,759
    Points
    66,920
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Trey asked that his info should not be posted elsewhere. Why not respect that request?
    I didn't say post his information. Just use what's acceptable to say as a guideline. You know someone who was actually there unlike Scott. Or hell that person could just post what he told Scott, or does that get your panties in a bunch too?


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  14. #134
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,511, Level: 85
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,039
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,529
    Points
    75,511
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 949

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    It's not that hard, those of us in attendance (GIC and Letterwinners) were invited guests and should abide by the rules the football staff set forth. If you don't want to follow said rules then the GIC most likely won't be invited back.



  15. #135
    Speechless
    Points: 216,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,451
    Points
    216,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    I didn't say post his information. Just use what's acceptable to say as a guideline. You know someone who was actually there unlike Scott. Or hell that person could just post what he told Scott, or does that get your panties in a bunch too?
    I know what happened at the scrimmage yesterday. And I am not going to post anything.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM