Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9 - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 170
  1. #151
    All-Star
    Points: 38,134, Level: 60
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 916
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    Points
    38,134
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 192

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    I caught the sarcasm, and it told me all I needed to know about where the thread ended up.
    Now now... don't let me taint your view point of this thread or detract from enjoying a leisurely read through...

    ****, who am I kidding... this thread sucks and I did you a favor. You're welcome



  2. #152
    All-Star
    Points: 12,271, Level: 33
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    IA City
    Posts
    1,028
    Points
    12,271
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    I can tell you one thing that happened. Before the actual scrimmage started they were blasting acid rock so loud I couldn't even hold a conversation with my kid and we nearly had to leave before it started. Everyone around me was clearly upset with the extremely loud music. It was pretty dumb.



  3. #153
    All-Star
    Points: 21,054, Level: 44
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,292
    Points
    21,054
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 12

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    I caught the sarcasm, and it told me all I needed to know about where the thread ended up.
    So before I go and searching through this thread, there isn't any good info regarding the scrimmage? I was told there was a nice recap on the message board. Must be Scout or CR.



  4. #154
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by WallenIzBallin View Post
    I'm a dumb *** because no one ever told me the rules? Ok big timer. Didn't know the Grid iron club made you better than everyone. Said delete the thread because of you... What else do you want buddy?

    The arrogance of some is funny. I even saw a poster on another board saying he hopes a letterwinner doesn't leak any info so the CGC can keep their privileges. Yep, how dare a letterwinner do anything. Imeann they haven't done near as much for the university as a member of the CGC.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  5. #155
    Legend
    Points: 275,164, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    14,746
    Points
    275,164
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,059
    Given: 1,480

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Aaron Wimberly broke off a long run.

    Oh, no, what have I done!



    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

  6. #156
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,908, Level: 77
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Points
    62,908
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 160

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Can a MOD close this thread? People might actually come here thinking there's worthwhile information.



  7. #157
    Legend
    Points: 180,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,956
    Points
    180,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 887

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I came here tonight to post a thread about what I seen from the last practice and the scrimmage but after reading this crap I'll just keep my mouth shut. I think its total BS that the loyal fans paying good money for tickets cant get any info .
    I am sorry....
    THIS is the one that hurts--missing the annual dose of TheCaptain's insight. Auughhh!




    Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

    Who knew?


  8. #158
    Speechless
    Points: 879,937, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,707
    Points
    879,937
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,980
    Given: 2,372

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by CyArob View Post
    Aaron Wimberly broke off a long run.

    Oh, no, what have I done!
    Nothing big. Just ruined the football program forever.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #159
    Speechless
    Points: 734,741, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    49,023
    Points
    734,741
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 1,031

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyerball View Post
    I can tell you one thing that happened. Before the actual scrimmage started they were blasting acid rock so loud I couldn't even hold a conversation with my kid and we nearly had to leave before it started. Everyone around me was clearly upset with the extremely loud music. It was pretty dumb.
    Welp, there goes our really loud acid rock strategy.



  10. #160
    Rookie
    Points: 10,116, Level: 30
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    447
    Points
    10,116
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 10

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    lets put it this way; the tampa 2 will be utterly decimated come august 30th.



  11. #161
    Pro
    Points: 36,358, Level: 58
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,368
    Points
    36,358
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 173

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    The arrogance of some is funny. I even saw a poster on another board saying he hopes a letterwinner doesn't leak any info so the CGC can keep their privileges. Yep, how dare a letterwinner do anything. Imeann they haven't done near as much for the university as a member of the CGC.
    The reason its a closed scrimmage isn't because the plays they run are secret its so that more money can made by having special groups that have "special privileges" Such as an extra scrimmage or 5% off a t-shirt. Could reporting on such plays lesson the amount of people that attend? Sure in theory. However I would surmise that it wouldn't have near the effect that HD TV has done to people attending live sporting events, and the last time I checked we were still selling out.



  12. #162
    Walk On
    Points: 6,050, Level: 22
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Urbandale IA
    Posts
    159
    Points
    6,050
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 74

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    This is CF Police, time to disperse people, there isn't anything to see here.



  13. #163
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,447, Level: 33
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    EJ4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lenexa KS
    Posts
    259
    Points
    12,447
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcyclone View Post
    The reason its a closed scrimmage isn't because the plays they run are secret its so that more money can made by having special groups that have "special privileges" Such as an extra scrimmage or 5% off a t-shirt. Could reporting on such plays lesson the amount of people that attend? Sure in theory. However I would surmise that it wouldn't have near the effect that HD TV has done to people attending live sporting events, and the last time I checked we were still selling out.

    Uh no.. If you have ever been to an open scrimmage or practice you would know that they run very basic plays. This doesn't have to do with the gridiron club, ask to do with keeping the progress of the football team either offense defense of player personnel out of the hands of scouts and/or other teams. It is a privilege to be a member of the gridiron club and one of the perks associated with it.



  14. #164
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,444, Level: 16
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    273
    Points
    3,444
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 91

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    So I heard we had a scrimmage. Anybody got any information on what happened?



  15. #165
    Legend
    Points: 311,301, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,658
    Points
    311,301
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,575
    Given: 612

    Re: Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ4CY View Post
    Uh no.. If you have ever been to an open scrimmage or practice you would know that they run very basic plays. This doesn't have to do with the gridiron club, ask to do with keeping the progress of the football team either offense defense of player personnel out of the hands of scouts and/or other teams. It is a privilege to be a member of the gridiron club and one of the perks associated with it.

    Well, then, here's hoping the scouts and/or other teams don't figure out that for $100, they can come get all of our secret information!




    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM