Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 316

Thread: RIP, Veishea

  1. #31
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,458, Level: 32
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    downtown Des Moines
    Posts
    343
    Points
    11,458
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 84

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    In other news they decided to change our name to the Iowa State Tornados... mark me down as a Leath unliker (I dont hate). What has he improved at ISU? Dude bagged Bubu and canned Veisha. I hope he leaves soon.

    What has he done?



  2. #32
    Addict
    Points: 104,325, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    6,741
    Points
    104,325
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,089
    Given: 4,748

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Will they cancel the Basketball program once we win a National Championship because I guarantee Veishea roits will pale in comparison to that riot?



  3. #33
    Addict
    Points: 154,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH > Ames > Dallas
    Posts
    7,347
    Points
    154,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,236
    Given: 382

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by mapnerd View Post
    Pretty sure it's spelled Viesha.
    Pretty sure you're high if you think that

    • Veterinary Medicine
    • Engineering
    • Industrial Science
    • Home Economics
    • Agriculture.


    "Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don't learn. So the last part to me is the key, especially if you have had some initial success. It becomes even more critical that you have the learning 'bit' always switched on."

  4. #34
    Starter
    Points: 15,176, Level: 37
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyclonetrombone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    961
    Points
    15,176
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 38

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    I also hate the fact that they are calling it Veishea now instead of VEISHEA
    Another loophole... VEISHEA wasn't retired... Veishea was...



  5. #35
    Addict
    Points: 125,896, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    6,686
    Points
    125,896
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 962
    Given: 652

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonetrombone View Post
    So if a riot happens next year without the event... what is the solution?
    Instead of making arrests, we corral all the rioters, line them up against the wall and shoot them.

    In order to survive, a trapped wolf will chew off its own leg.


    “Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

    “With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

    “He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

  6. #36
    Pro
    Points: 29,453, Level: 52
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,111
    Points
    29,453
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,633
    Given: 805

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    Will they cancel the Basketball program once we win a National Championship because I guarantee Veishea roits will pale in comparison to that riot?
    Unfortunate that this comparison can even be made.

    "hey we won the NCAA - let go torch some ****"!

    Not that you're wrong. But somehow the fact that one excuses the other.....



  7. #37
    Pro
    Points: 63,688, Level: 78
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,162
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,398
    Points
    63,688
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 171

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    Pretty sure you're high if you think that
    Pretty sure I was joking. Sorry if that didn't come across. I find it hilarious when ISU grads/fans can't spell it right.



  8. #38
    All-Star
    Points: 40,742, Level: 62
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 908
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Points
    40,742
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 514

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    Well I hope Tom Hill and Leath are ******* happy. They did nothing to try and save it. The task force was set up to make this decision.
    No ****... however I still can't believe that the 2 of them successfully flipped that car.

    The enduring image for me will always be Hill and Leath toppling that light pole onto that student who was just passing by.



  9. #39
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 319,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    21,511
    Points
    319,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,271
    Given: 1,992

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    Will they cancel the Basketball program once we win a National Championship because I guarantee Veishea roits will pale in comparison to that riot?

    Was thinking the same thing.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  10. #40
    Addict
    Points: 154,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH > Ames > Dallas
    Posts
    7,347
    Points
    154,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,236
    Given: 382

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballzz View Post
    No ****... however I still can't believe that the 2 of them successfully flipped that car.

    The enduring image for me will always be Hill and Leath toppling that light pole onto that student who was just passing by.
    First off, that dude has no sympathy from me because he was dead center in the mob. Not an outsider. Dead freaking center, drunk out of his mind. "Just passing by" that's a joke


    "Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don't learn. So the last part to me is the key, especially if you have had some initial success. It becomes even more critical that you have the learning 'bit' always switched on."

  11. #41
    All-Star
    Points: 15,675, Level: 38
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 775
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    JWIL4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,236
    Points
    15,675
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 126

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    **** Leath and **** the ******** task force. They are a bunch of ******* cowards.



  12. #42
    Pro
    Points: 34,331, Level: 57
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,119
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Skyh13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,427
    Points
    34,331
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 6

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    I really, really, REALLY want to punch every one of those ************* rioters in the face.

    At least then those idiots would notice the pain, because I guarantee you most of them don't give a **** about this.



  13. #43
    Legend
    Points: 155,353, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    11,475
    Points
    155,353
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,536
    Given: 2,473

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    I wish they would cancel the Ames PD.


    Campbell In!

    @EMOJameel





  14. #44
    Pro
    Points: 49,360, Level: 68
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    andybernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,182
    Points
    49,360
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 78

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Quote Originally Posted by JWIL4CY View Post
    **** Leath and **** the ******** task force. They are a bunch of ******* cowards.
    Your language is offensive!



  15. #45
    Addict
    Points: 121,652, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    7,893
    Points
    121,652
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 397

    Re: RIP, Veishea

    Those freakin' rioters will always owe me a senior year Veishea.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I didn't know Satan posted on here. Because clearly with this opinion, you're the devil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM