Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 142

Re: RIP, Veishea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    You're right, I'm not. I'm just a farm kid who knows bull**** when he smells it. And you screaming your head off, and tossing blame around for the untimely demise of VEISHEA, when you were closer to being responsible to the event than almost anyone who didn't actually tip a car, well that absolutely reeks of bull****.
    Guilty by association is just a lovely thing. But love how an Admin and Global Mod will pick personal fights on this site.

My teams: (as of 6/15/14)
    Cleveland Browns: 4-12 - .250
    Cleveland Indians: 34-35 - .493
    Cleveland Cavs: 33-49 - .402
    Iowa State Cyclones (FB): 3-9 - .250
    Iowa State Cyclones (BB): 28-8 - .778

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,264
    Given: 113

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    Guilty by association is just a lovely thing. But love how an Admin and Global Mod will pick personal fights on this site.
    DERP. Nobody's modding you. We're having a discussion on the topic that we disagree on.

You, yourself, opened the doors to this by posting your VEISHEA activities on this site, back in April. You were fine with everyone knowing about it then, but now that your posts contradict your current narrative, they're suddenly out of bounds? We happen to disagree on this topic, but it's not personal.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 718
    Given: 1,513

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    He's absolutely right. Just because he's a MOD he shouldn't point out your hypocricy? Whether you choose to believe it or not the numbers added by onlookers gives power to the mob mentality. A mob that outnumbers police 10 to 1 generally won't do everything that a mob that outnumbers police 20 to 1 will do and a mob that out numbers police 50 to 1 will generally feel they can get away with things that they wouldn't be comfortable doing outnumbering police 20 to 1. Like it or not all of the onlookers are contributing to that mob mentality and feeling of safety in numbers.

You brought the issue of who was to blame up by pointing at the administration; Janny didn't.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 317

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    If I give my 4-year-old a toy, and she breaks it on purpose, I'm not going to go out and get her a new toy, or fancy up another toy to try and make her feel all happy inside. She broke the damn toy, now it's gone.
    What about when her friends come over for a birthday party and 2 friends break the toy and the other 18 friends are acting normally? Do you kick out the two breaking toys or do you cancel all future birthday parties? That's a more accurate analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    You know who thinks riots and breaking things are cool? Drunk college students.

You know who doesn't? The rest of us.

Almost 100 years of tradition, parades, kids activities, and ISU alumni traveling back to Ames to spend time at Iowa State...all gone. Hope those drunk riots were worth it!
    I've bolded parts as to why I think this was a bad decision. drunk college kids have now ruined a 100 year tradition that brought back alumni and molded future ISU students. why not eliminate the drunk college kid part while retaining the part catering to kids and alumni. It's almost like they didn't even try to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.

Addict
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    DERP. Nobody's modding you. We're having a discussion on the topic that we disagree on.

You, yourself, opened the doors to this by posting your VEISHEA activities on this site, back in April. You were fine with everyone knowing about it then, but now that your posts contradict your current narrative, they're suddenly out of bounds? We happen to disagree on this topic, but it's not personal.
    There are no contradictions. There wasn't a mob when 5 guys flipped the car across the street from Welch Ave Station. I was there when it happened and stayed up by Welch Ave Station as everyone ran. But you can keep nitpicking at my story all you want. There have been no lies. If you want an extremely detailed story, I'll come down to Welch and literally reenact what I did.

My teams: (as of 6/15/14)
    Cleveland Browns: 4-12 - .250
    Cleveland Indians: 34-35 - .493
    Cleveland Cavs: 33-49 - .402
    Iowa State Cyclones (FB): 3-9 - .250
    Iowa State Cyclones (BB): 28-8 - .778

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    How many destructive riots have you seen on a week or weekend that was't VEISHEA. I'll give you a hint, it's a tight round number.

False.... There was a riot after ISU defeated UCLA to go to the Elite 8...

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,023

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    What about when her friends come over for a birthday party and 2 friends break the toy and the other 18 friends are acting normally? Do you kick out the two breaking toys or do you cancel all future birthday parties? That's a more accurate analogy.
    I disagree that it's a more accurate analogy. The toy was also given to the two friends who broke it. There was one toy, given to all 20 kids. Two kids broke it. Over and over, despite me trying to fix it in-between each time. That truly sucks for the other 18 kids, but I'm not going to take my time teaching someone else's brats over and over again to leave crap alone, and make the further mistake of FUNDING this "teaching moment." Apparently the group as a whole can't handle the toy, so we move on. Perhaps peer pressure will teach the two little ****heads to stop breaking shared crap.

M 7/09

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 53

I feel bad for the current students, but this just kind of reminds me of when you have to put the family dog to sleep. My family would come up for it in the 80s. It was stil pretty impressive when I started as a freshman in '89. When we came back in '94 it was already a shell of it's former self.

It it just seems to me that the time had come to finally pull the plug, it was never going to improve.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 29

The problem as I see it: one of the pro-VEISHEA arguments running through this thread is "Now there will be riots because there is no VEISHEA," which can be simplified to "Riots because VEISHEA." Whether you enjoyed legitimate VEISHEA activities, or just got drunk and stupid; whether you hated the riots, or tolerated them, or made excuses for them, or participated in them, the mere idea of rioting became part of VEISHEA. To anyone outside of the ISU community it was even more so. It got pretty embarrassing for this alumnus. The right decision has been made. Good riddance.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by harty83 View Post
    The problem as I see it: one of the pro-VEISHEA arguments running through this thread is "Now there will be riots because there is no VEISHEA," which can be simplified to "Riots because VEISHEA." Whether you enjoyed legitimate VEISHEA activities, or just got drunk and stupid; whether you hated the riots, or tolerated them, or made excuses for them, or participated in them, the mere idea of rioting became part of VEISHEA. To anyone outside of the ISU community it was even more so. It got pretty embarrassing for this alumnus. The right decision has been made. Good riddance.
    that's an excellent point.

-Simon Belmont

-Master Shake

-Lorem Ipsum

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,023

I disagree that it's a more accurate analogy. The toy was also given to the two friends who broke it. There was one toy, given to all 20 kids. Two kids broke it. Over and over, despite me trying to fix it in-between each time. That truly sucks for the other 18 kids, but I'm not going to take my time teaching someone else's brats over and over again to leave crap alone, and make the further mistake of FUNDING this "teaching moment." Apparently the group as a whole can't handle the toy, so we move on. Perhaps peer pressure will teach the two little ****heads to stop breaking shared crap.
    Sorry, even further commentary on this. Out of the other 18 kids, about 10 sat there and watched the two kids break it, some cheering them on. They did this rather than leave to show their displeasure, they did this rather than to say something to stop the kids. They were contributors to the situation.

M 7/09

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 317

Or the well behaved kids can come in and eat cake and showcase their finger paintings while the naughty kids are sent home

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    Or the well behaved kids can come in and eat cake and showcase their finger paintings while the naughty kids are sent home
    I don't care what anyone says, that is ****ing funny, and a shockingly accurate depiction of VEISHEA.

-Simon Belmont

-Master Shake

-Lorem Ipsum

Speechless
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,775
    Given: 1,497

I have to think that, at some point, the girl whose birthday we're celebrating doesn't want the trouble kids around anymore, and might end up disliking the big birthday parties.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 645
    Given: 579

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I have to think that, at some point, the girl whose birthday we're celebrating doesn't want the trouble kids around anymore, and might end up disliking the big birthday parties.

But what if she loves all the other aspects of the birthday party, 90% of the people, all the positives that come from it and all the dividends that could come from a successful restructured, creative, and new innovative way to celebrate how important she is, her past, her future ect.

@RandomGeoFacts