Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Re: SEC Network launching in 91 million homes, largest network launch in cable histor

Quote Originally Posted by FDWxMan View Post
    Worth noting SECnet is only on the basic Direct package in SEC states as of now. TBD where it goes everywhere else.
    This is the key. Just because it's available to 90 some million, that doesn't mean they all choose the expanded package to get it. Pac 12 net is available to 60 mil, but only 11 mil get it. BTN is available to 90 mil, but only 57 mil get it. Same with SEC net. It will be on basic in SEC territory, but what about other parts of the country?

Starter
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 40

Re: SEC Network launching in 91 million homes, largest network launch in cable histor

I really hope that SEC network is on a higher tier on Directv so I don't have to pay for that crap like I do for BigX. Here is a great article showing why the SEC sucks and just an ESPN hype machine. http://totalfratmove.com/why-the-sec-is-********/

Starter
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 40

I was going to start a new thread on banning myself from watching ESPN but since the SECN is practically the same thing I'll bump this post. Did anyone else watch the ESPN preview for the Big XII? Disgusting if you ask me. They spent half of the time bashing the conference for not having a championship game. Did not cover about half of the teams and were just plain oblivious to most of the conference. It's so obvious they are just marketing their new product it makes me want to puke. I will watch games on the channel and then avoid like the plaque.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 147

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentCy View Post
    I was going to start a new thread on banning myself from watching ESPN but since the SECN is practically the same thing I'll bump this post. Did anyone else watch the ESPN preview for the Big XII? Disgusting if you ask me. They spent half of the time bashing the conference for not having a championship game. Did not cover about half of the teams and were just plain oblivious to most of the conference. It's so obvious they are just marketing their new product it makes me want to puke. I will watch games on the channel and then avoid like the plaque.
    I don't have cable, so I didn't see it. However, if it was truly as bad as you report, I think this would legitimately warrant a complaint to the Big 12 office, as this is doing a disservice to the conference. I've emailed the Big 12 communications staff before on a couple of issues, and they have been responsive to the issues I brought up.

The Big 12 doesn't post email addresses on the website that I can find, but if you open the conference release below, you can find the email for the director of communications right at the top.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410...MBB_Update.pdf

And please, if you do write him, be respectful and clear. It would also be helpful if you can give specifics, rather than just generalities.

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 943
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 23

I have SECtv on Directv channel 611. I look forward to watching more football games, but I assume the big ones will be on network TV. After football, no reason to watch. I would rather watch SEC than the little ten sisters of the poor football.

Getting Watch ESPN would be a nice addition.

Addict
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,507
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 516

All the SEC games I need to see are televised on CBS or ESPN. Don't care to see Kentucky vs Mississippi State or other low profile SEC games.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    All the SEC games I need to see are televised on CBS or ESPN. Don't care to see Kentucky vs Mississippi State or other low profile SEC games.
    Well aggy vs chickens to open the season is on there. I was looking forward to that since it is the official start to the season. That's college football 2 hours sooner than the folks with just ESPN.

Addict
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,507
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 516

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Well aggy vs chickens to open the season is on there. I was looking forward to that since it is the official start to the season. That's college football 2 hours sooner than the folks with just ESPN.
    Wow, you're right. I'm surprised there are high profile SEC games on that. Don't think I'll bother to watch Wake Forest at 6 on ESPNU that night.

Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    I have SECtv on Directv channel 611. I look forward to watching more football games, but I assume the big ones will be on network TV. After football, no reason to watch. I would rather watch SEC than the little ten sisters of the poor football.

Getting Watch ESPN would be a nice addition.
    Well South Carolina/A&M and Arkansas/Auburn are on the network in the first week.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 89

Saw this and thought why espn would make such a query. But then I remembered espn is in association with the SEC and not the Bigxii (FS1).

ESPN has every financial reason to push the conversation towards the SEC growing by two teams. Those two teams? Baylor and OU. ESPN already has an association with Texas in the longhorn network. Why go after TX when you already have A&M and adding Baylor would make combo about as attractive for the TX market.

Better believe espn is going to continue this idea and it would not surprise me if they and the SEC are already discussing strategy to raid the bigxii yet again:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...big12&id=90303

Or I am just being silly.