Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 23,396, Level: 46
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    2,311
    Points
    23,396
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 0

    Team USA (only college players)

    This article has niang in it.

    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...llege-players/

    If you had to make a lineup what would it look like? Mine might look like

    PG. Marcus Paige - UNC
    SG. Juwan Staten - WVU
    SF. Georges Niang - ISU
    PF. Montrezl Harrell - Louisville
    C. Cliff Alexander - KU

    Bench

    G. Marcus Foster - KSU
    G. Tyus Jones - DUKE
    F. Myles Turner - TEXAS
    C. Frank Kaminsky - WISCONSIN


    Last edited by cyclones12321; 08-06-2014 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 238,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,147
    Points
    238,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 705
    Given: 674

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    I get that Paige is good, but I don't think he's nationally top 5 good like everyone says.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 108,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    7,877
    Points
    108,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,585
    Given: 2,450

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Monte Morris
    Bryce Dejean Jones
    Dustin Hogue
    Georges Niang
    Jameel McKay

    Bench:
    Naz Long
    Abdel Nader
    Matt Thomas
    Clayton Custer
    SDW
    Edozie


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,984, Level: 78
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,960
    Points
    63,984
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 42

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Monte Morris
    Bryce Dejean Jones
    Dustin Hogue
    Georges Niang
    Jameel McKay

    Bench:
    Naz Long
    Abdel Nader
    Matt Thomas
    Clayton Custer
    SDW
    Edozie
    Long is Canadian



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 23,396, Level: 46
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    2,311
    Points
    23,396
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 0

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    I didn't think that either until we played them in the ncaa tournament



  6. #6
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 238,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,147
    Points
    238,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 705
    Given: 674

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones12321 View Post
    I didn't think that either until we played them in the ncaa tournament
    He played a great game against us, but I still wouldn't put him top 5.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 108,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    7,877
    Points
    108,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,585
    Given: 2,450

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Long is Canadian
    Okay, take him off and I will still take that team


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 24,395, Level: 47
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,079
    Points
    24,395
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 36

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones12321 View Post
    This article has niang in it.

    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...llege-players/

    If you had to make a lineup what would it look like? Mine might look like

    PG. Marcus Paige - UNC
    SG. Juwan Staten - WVU
    SF. Georges Niang - ISU
    PF. Montrezl Harrell - Louisville
    C. Cliff Alexander - KU

    Bench

    G. Marcus Foster - KSU
    G. Tyus Jones - DUKE
    F. Myles Turner - TEXAS
    C. Frank Kaminsky - WISCONSIN
    Move Kaminsky to the starting 5... Dude is a matchup nightmare. He and Niang on the court at the same time? Forget about it...



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 24,750, Level: 48
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,085
    Points
    24,750
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 353

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones12321 View Post
    This article has niang in it.

    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...llege-players/

    If you had to make a lineup what would it look like? Mine might look like

    PG. Marcus Paige - UNC
    SG. Juwan Staten - WVU
    SF. Georges Niang - ISU
    PF. Montrezl Harrell - Louisville
    C. Cliff Alexander - KU

    Bench

    G. Marcus Foster - KSU
    G. Tyus Jones - DUKE
    F. Myles Turner - TEXAS
    C. Frank Kaminsky - WISCONSIN
    Take Cliff Alexander out of the starting lineup and replace him with Kaminsky. Also, remove Jones and get another SG. Too many PGs and not enough shooters. And replace Turner with Jahlil Okafor. Okafor is much better than Turner.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 167,719, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,333
    Points
    167,719
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 732

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones12321 View Post
    This article has niang in it.

    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...llege-players/

    If you had to make a lineup what would it look like? Mine might look like

    PG. Marcus Paige - UNC
    SG. Juwan Staten - WVU
    SF. Georges Niang - ISU
    PF. Montrezl Harrell - Louisville
    C. Cliff Alexander - KU

    Bench

    G. Marcus Foster - KSU
    G. Tyus Jones - DUKE
    F. Myles Turner - TEXAS
    C. Frank Kaminsky - WISCONSIN
    Team Big 12 USA



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Why are American sports the only ones that have a problem with their players playing in international games? Look at the World Cup of Soccer. Those players get paid more than most of the players in American sports and you don't see their owners ******** and moaning. Why is it fair for the college teams to assume all the risk?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 167,719, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,333
    Points
    167,719
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 732

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Why are American sports the only ones that have a problem with their players playing in international games? Look at the World Cup of Soccer. Those players get paid more than most of the players in American sports and you don't see their owners ******** and moaning. Why is it fair for the college teams to assume all the risk?
    I have a feeling if Americans put Olympic/FIBA basketball at the same level soccer fans put the World Cup we wouldn't give a crap either. If you could transplant the passion for NFL playoffs and college football to international basketball far fewer players, fans, coaches and owners would care about injury risks or fatigue.

    I'll be interested a few decades from now as other countries continue to improve, it's not a total laugher like when the Dream Team formed, but it's still quite a stacked deck for the USA to win all olympic/fiba stuff compared to the balance of competition for world cup soccer.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I have a feeling if Americans put Olympic/FIBA basketball at the same level soccer fans put the World Cup we wouldn't give a crap either. If you could transplant the passion for NFL playoffs and college football to international basketball far fewer players, fans, coaches and owners would care about injury risks or fatigue.

    I'll be interested a few decades from now as other countries continue to improve, it's not a total laugher like when the Dream Team formed, but it's still quite a stacked deck for the USA to win all olympic/fiba stuff compared to the balance of competition for world cup soccer.

    It's not just basketball though, you hear it in hockey and baseball too. US Owners seems uncapable of seeing the big picture, that the more people that are interested in the sport, here or abroad the more money in it for them. Healthy international competition only improves that.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 167,719, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,333
    Points
    167,719
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 732

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    It's not just basketball though, you hear it in hockey and baseball too. US Owners seems uncapable of seeing the big picture, that the more people that are interested in the sport, here or abroad the more money in it for them. Healthy international competition only improves that.
    Agree somewhat but you still have a situation where world series/stanley cup >>> international crown

    International soccer fans, players and coaches care about EPL/Serie A/La Liga but <<<<< World Cup

    If the Stanley Cup was a lesser achievement compared to the winter olympics attitudes would change



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 24,750, Level: 48
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,085
    Points
    24,750
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 353

    Re: Team USA (only college players)

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    It's not just basketball though, you hear it in hockey and baseball too. US Owners seems uncapable of seeing the big picture, that the more people that are interested in the sport, here or abroad the more money in it for them. Healthy international competition only improves that.
    I don't think any NBA teams are talking about keeping their players out of international competition so I am not really worried about it. Media members just got wound up after George's injury. As for baseball and hockey, there really isn't an established, prestigious international competition with a tradition that is seen as a big deal so there's really nothing to get revved up about. MLB and the MLBPA are the organizations that proposed the World Baseball Classic, but I refuse to watch it since it basically ran baseball and softball out of the Olympics and I don't want to watch the US get whipped by a bunch of dinky little countries that should have no business beating us in anything.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM