Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,458, Level: 14
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    15
    Points
    2,458
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    We have a tailgate bus (48 passenger, but we cap the number at 15) with currently 7 people of all ages on it and room for more. Wondering if anyone would be interested. We leave from northern Cedar Rapids and allow plenty of time for tailgating. Also, we come back the same day/night. Bus has a bathroom on it, so no need to stop. Let me know if you're interested. Price is $150/person for a one-season ownership share in the LLC. The $150 includes a ride to and from all the home games and includes gas, game day parking fees and insurance. BYOB for tailgating on the bus on the way over and back. We also have a gas grill and generator. Message me if you're interested.


    Last edited by KCMOCy; 08-05-2014 at 12:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 79,126, Level: 87
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,024
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    7,924
    Points
    79,126
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 44

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    That's awesome! I'll keep this in mind - we usually go to a couple games each year.

    We just moved here about a year ago, and we have ZERO Cyclone friends in CR area.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 67,705, Level: 80
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,182
    Points
    67,705
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 60

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Damn, that's a pretty good deal. $150 for the whole season?! You can't hardly buy a single game parking pass with gas to and from CR for that. I'd be all over that if I lived in CR.



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 2,458, Level: 14
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    15
    Points
    2,458
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    Damn, that's a pretty good deal. $150 for the whole season?! You can't hardly buy a single game parking pass with gas to and from CR for that. I'd be all over that if I lived in CR.
    Haha yeah. Not trying to make a profit. Just break even or not be so far into the hole.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 284,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,875
    Points
    284,225
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 3,005

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Just a friendly word of warning. The Iowa DOT enforcement was out pulling over buses left and right on RAGBRAI. They were checking for driver's CDL's, safety compliance and making sure if the bus is registered as an RV that it fully qualified as an RV. We have one of the best buses on RAGBRAI (a coach, not a school bus) which our friendly officer acknowledged as well as CDL licensed drivers but we still ended up with a list of warnings that we need to get rectified. I could see them starting the same thing around tailgating buses. Note that you cannot register as an RV and charge someone for a ride. Depending on your policy if you charge you may also nullify your insurance coverage.

    Just thought you might want to know.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  6. #6
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 290,572, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,222
    Points
    290,572
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 641
    Given: 1,294

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Just a friendly word of warning. The Iowa DOT enforcement was out pulling over buses left and right on RAGBRAI. They were checking for driver's CDL's, safety compliance and making sure if the bus is registered as an RV that it fully qualified as an RV. We have one of the best buses on RAGBRAI (a coach, not a school bus) which our friendly officer acknowledged as well as CDL licensed drivers but we still ended up with a list of warnings that we need to get rectified. I could see them starting the same thing around tailgating buses. Note that you cannot register as an RV and charge someone for a ride. Depending on your policy if you charge you may also nullify your insurance coverage.

    Just thought you might want to know.
    This ... double check what you are wanting to do ... and make adjustments for your offer. Maybe free ride with all the pretzels you can eat for $30?

    -keep


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,653
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 21

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    The buying a share in the LLC seems like an odd way to do it. Why not call it rent and you just retain the LLC for yourself? I wouldn't want to complicate it with 15 different "owners" of the LLC.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 111,742, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    5,374
    Points
    111,742
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 110

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    The buying a share in the LLC seems like an odd way to do it. Why not call it rent and you just retain the LLC for yourself? I wouldn't want to complicate it with 15 different "owners" of the LLC.
    It could be how they get around the insurance issue.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 284,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,875
    Points
    284,225
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 3,005

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    You may want to ask for a contribution to parking and gas expenses.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 73,701, Level: 84
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,211
    Points
    73,701
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Yup sounds like he is just charging dues to be members of the llc and one of the membership perks is the bus for use for tailgating.


    I will have to keep this in mind as I travel over to games from CR by myself every time.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,653
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 21

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhawkdmb View Post
    It could be how they get around the insurance issue.
    That's true. Would be treated as a commercial business and be opened up to different rules/regs. Good call.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 176,846, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,481
    Points
    176,846
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 506
    Given: 80

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by KCMOCy View Post
    We have a tailgate bus (48 passenger, but we cap the number at 15) with currently 7 people of all ages on it and room for more. Wondering if anyone would be interested. We leave from northern Cedar Rapids and allow plenty of time for tailgating. Also, we come back the same day/night. Bus has a bathroom on it, so no need to stop. Let me know if you're interested. Price is $150/person for a one-season ownership share in the LLC. The $150 includes a ride to and from all the home games and includes gas, game day parking fees and insurance. BYOB for tailgating on the bus on the way over and back. We also have a gas grill and generator. Message me if you're interested.
    I'd be interested, but probably just on a game by game basis, as I have a baby boy due any day now.



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Points: 2,458, Level: 14
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    15
    Points
    2,458
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Getting closer to football season, so I thought I would give this thread a bump. Let me know if you're interested.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 58,304, Level: 74
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,649
    Points
    58,304
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 154

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    That's awesome! I'll keep this in mind - we usually go to a couple games each year.

    We just moved here about a year ago, and we have ZERO Cyclone friends in CR area.
    Try attending "Cy's after 5" at Daniel Arthurs near downtown. Next on is Aug 21st at 5PM. Informal gathering of Iowa State fans. No formal program just mingle and introduce yourself.
    https://www.isualum.org/en/events/events_calendar/



    "We don't have thugs." - Fran McCaffery

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 51,120, Level: 69
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    51,120
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 571

    Re: Cedar Rapids Cyclones Ride to Games

    Also might be interested in a game by game situation. If you're going to offer that at all. Might be too complicated to keep track of all the changes week-by-week.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM